Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Re-Volt Live. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add New Reply
Introducing: The Re-Volt Podcast; Episode 1 is live now.
Topic Started: Jun 17 2015, 09:14 AM (23,262 Views)
Marv
Member Avatar
No, I won't replace RVZ.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Youtube
On Re-Volt Frontend

[doHTML]
<iframe src="https://revoltfrontend.wordpress.com/2015/06/17/podcast-the-first-episode-sees-the-light-of-day/#headingrvl" height="1100" width="100%"scrolling="no" frameborder="0"></iframe>
[/doHTML]
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Top

mightycucumber
Member Avatar
Cool as a cucumber
Awesome! :o

How often will this air, may I ask?

By the way, I'll leave a suggestion: maybe in the next podcast, introducing a track and car spotlight or something would be cool. ;) Otherwise, spot on, great job!
Posted Image < My DeviantArt

Posted Image

Marv
Member Avatar
No, I won't replace RVZ.
Glad you like it (: If there is enough to talk about, I guess it will happen monthly.
What exactly do you mean by spotlight? Show some ingame footage of the new content?
Posted Image

mightycucumber
Member Avatar
Cool as a cucumber
Yeah, maybe something along those lines - like, picking a car that's recently been released (or that you guys really like) and test it in a track of your choosing or something.

Then you'd be basically just reviewing it or just saying nonsense in general about both track and car maybe? (take some of Top Gear's test drives and their shenanigans as an example ahah)
Posted Image < My DeviantArt

Posted Image

Marv
Member Avatar
No, I won't replace RVZ.
Good idea, I'll tell the others about it :D
Posted Image

Andor
Member Avatar
Practice
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Finally,this concludes everything that needed to be said about Re-volt.
It covers up all the information that the community needs to know about.
This is really cool, Im gonna tell some friends about it.
Keep up the good work.
Oh, and URV sounds like a true gentleman. :)
[xIMG]http://i.stack.imgur.com/YqDV2.png[/xIMG]
Practice

taruncreation
Member Avatar
Repainter,Converter and much more.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
This is it
Nice work
You showed them that they can't make a game like revolt by themself but only by the means of cheating others. :D
<A href="http://taruncreation.deviantart.com/gallery/">DeviantArt</A>
<A href="http://revoltzone.net/users/14213/tarun">Re-Volt Zone Alias</A>
Posted Image

kay
Member Avatar
Re-Volt Chieftain
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A super masterpiece. Although 1 hour is a bit too much if it has a video around (although if it was vocals exclusively then it would be fine)

The topics discussed are great and well picked.

Thanks for the podcast! :)
It wouldn't hurt visiting my blog or Re-Volt frontend's :)

Kenny
Member Avatar
Professional
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Interesting idea, not sure though if there's enough stuff to talk about every month.

I really liked the intro as well ;)

Gotolei
Member Avatar
Let's try something
So basically this is a summarization of news for every month or so? I can get behind that.
Hope there's enough content to keep it going so it doesn't go the way of car/track of the month.

Will they all be aiming for ~1hr length? What might fill the time, car/track reviews or something?
Since this is the first one there's a lot of stuff to cover (years' worth of wego antics, much more than one month's worth of rvgl progress etc), but now that that's out of the way...

Spoiler: click to toggle
Posted Image

Nero
Member Avatar
The dark horse
This whole idea was created out on a whim, but we do aim to continue this on a... regular basis. Not sure if it's necessary for every month because of how slow things have been these past few years, but we'll see.

Dyspro50
Member Avatar
Team DR creator
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Very interesting guys, especially the part where you talk about WeGo unprofessionalism :) I look forward to this *like*

Maybe 1 hour is a little too much. I suggest to reduce to 1/2 ou 3/4 an hour.
Posted Image

deviantArt | Steam

RV_Pure
Member Avatar
Re-Volt Car Designer, Blender Modeler
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Your video is fantastic. :D
Posted Image

Matsilagi
Semi Pro
[ *  *  *  * ]
Oh, im so honored. You guys mentioned me :D .

Im still waiting for the Depth Buffer thingy to improve those even more. Congrats on the release!

Also, about ReShade: All i did was change the config on the inis, the suites are already done, hence, why its a Preset (gotta kinda confused, dunno if you guys were talking about RVGL or ReShade).

RV_Passion
Member Avatar
Carboxmaker, Repainter and sometime more.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Oh damn, I would have really liked to be there. :(

But well, very good video!
Art is beautiful, but makes a lot of work : Karl Valentin

Red_Ricky
Member Avatar
A Purple Banana, Controller Pro
That was really cool even for me a new guy
I just loved it. would love to see more only you weren't quite accurate about some revolt 2 stuff it isn't actually pay to win and I am the living proof of that
Posted Image

Skarma
Member Avatar
Distant.
Red_Ricky,Thursday, Jun 25 2015
23:00
That was really cool even for me a new guy
I just loved it. would love to see more only you weren't quite accurate about some revolt 2 stuff it isn't actually pay to win and I am the living proof of that

Please provide said proof.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Nero
Member Avatar
The dark horse
Red_Ricky,Thursday, Jun 25 2015
23:00
you weren't quite accurate about some revolt 2 stuff it isn't actually pay to win and I am the living proof of that

That's your opinion. Prove to us how it isn't pay-to-win.

Red_Ricky
Member Avatar
Things you were wrong about Re-volt 2

1. The battery thing as you can see has 5 bars everytime you race one bar wil empty it will show a timer beside it telling you how long it will take to recharge one bar but you can actually hold 50 bars in total by adding so called friends these friends can send you a gift wich is always a battery so you can have the 5 stock bars plus 45 wich wil be used first and then the rechargeble ones

2. The heart with the letters SP wich mean social points everytime you share your time after a race you will get 5 or you can send gifts wich wil get you one. You can gain 150 SP each day this is used to open new tracks instead of coins or used in the jackpot wich can get you battery coins and gems

3. Everything that costs real money is obtainable without using real money like the Bamboo and the Aquasonic you can obtain these through the RC car lottery wich uses gems you gain gems by leveling up, using tapjoy, Jackpot or getting high ranked in the GrandPrix like me.

So i think thats about everything that was not clearly explained or explained wrong

And for it's not pay to win you want prove of that well thats hard to do
I never bought anything and i own 22 of the 35 cars when i play GrandPrix i am most of the time in the Top 100

And if you really want to discuss this give me a call
And im willing to upload a vid of my ingame Re-volt 2 stuff

Don't go hating alright just stay nice some people can enjoy shitty stuff that's their opinion
Posted Image

kay
Member Avatar
Re-Volt Chieftain
Well Red_Ricky, it's not that you're wrong. But, you have to know that we (most of Re-Volters) have literally living with Re-Volt since 2000! (to me since 2005). We have enjoyed the PC version, most of us, their first contact with Re-Volt! And myself has spent many 12-hour days playing and getting inside Re-Volt PC version.

We enjoyed the championship system the most! It's WIN to get prize. It's not no money no car! (money is either virtual or real is always money, even it's inside the game!)

Imagine that a day, you have to install Re-Volt again! in PC version you'd go by winning championships (or having a profile copy)... but... you'll either throw the game away or buy the components since credits aren't transferable. see?

PS. I always unlock all cars within a day or two in PC versions! ALL FOR FREE ;)
It wouldn't hurt visiting my blog or Re-Volt frontend's :)

Red_Ricky
Member Avatar
Sure I understand Kay to be completely honest I said somewhere earlier that Re-volt 2 brought me here but that is only half true because it helped me remember the original that I've been playing since i was 4 on my PSX so i understand youre point but it is that skarma and nero asked for proof so i tried my best at doing that

And its like I am new and trying to be helpfull for the community i want to start doing repaints and make carboxes but its hard. To me it seems nobody here can proper tell me how to do this so in a way i want to make things as clear as possible because despite you dont like re-volt 2 i want to encourage people in trying it so they will have their own opinion instead of taking someone else's

P.s. dont know what you mean kay with the last if its that you have to start over on revolt 2 if you have to reinstall it because there everything is saved on youre google account so you never have to start over
Posted Image

Nero
Member Avatar
The dark horse
Red_Ricky,Saturday, Jun 27 2015
18:57
Don't go hating alright just stay nice some people can enjoy shitty stuff that's their opinion

Enjoy grinding your way to content you can easily obtain in RV, then.

Venomxx97
Member Avatar
VenomousCreature
I understand your point and you are right everybody should have his own opinion about Re-Volt / Re-Volt 2 but although I don't think Re-Volt 2 is the worst game I have ever played I can't write this name without getting a little bit agressiv because Re-Volt was/is a such a classic game with an unlock system that works just fine (unlocking game content by playing the game which was usually very hard at the first try) nowerdays most games are just (optional) pay 2 win, there is no point in playing it because you can have the strongest cars,weapons etc. even as a new player who doesn't know how to handle it. And the worst thing of Re-Volt 2 is that WeGo tries to impress their customers with stuff that was already there 15 years ago which unfortunately seems to work.
Acclaim was a publisher that stood for quality games (in my opinion) just think of the Turok series, Armorines or even Juiced (which was actually finished by THQ after Acclaim went bankrupt) and ofcourse Re-Volt and WeGo just stole the best components of RV shamelessly in order to make a cheap game out of it so they can milk this cow until it dies.
My YouTube channel

Re-Volt N64 Soundtrack [YouTube]

Red_Ricky
Member Avatar
Venomxx97,Sunday, Jun 28 2015
01:15
there is no point in playing it because you can have the strongest cars,weapons etc. even as a new player who doesn't know how to handle it.

The fun thing about this actually is that you still need to unlock the cars before you can buy them because they work in a class system you start with D when have done all normal tracks/areas you go to mirror and unlock class C then when you are done with those tracks you unlock class B and then A and S simultaneously so you do need some skill to get them and handle them and sure like you said they ripped off the old game and used its content me hating that they added the cougar later on as a "new" car is making me completely pissed off.

But the biggest reason i play it is for the cars that are actually new (so Nero i actually already grinded and getting good stuff isn't hard at all playing for an hour a day for month is enough to complete all races and get the toyeca (wich is the cheapest S class there is)) sure i know some people converted all the skins and the new cars but they are only willing to give them to people that they know and are longer than a few months on the forums (still managed to get 90% of them because they were posted in a forum because of mapping problems but i don't mind (still missing the Frozen and the Coma)) and i understand that.

The biggest difference wich can be annoying for some people is that it takes time to complete
Re-volt 2 while Re-volt is something you can complete in a day or 2 and yes you can mod Re-volt untill your pc start spitting fire and that's fun i enjoy what people made like petrol volt, metro volt and Venice thats why i want to start making cars and repaints wich i respect everybody for who can do this with ease

But ive got one question for all of you if you made a good game and people liked it and you would make a sequel wouldn't you put some old stuff in like fan favorite cars or tracks?

AND YES I THINK THAT WEshitinyourfaceandGO WENT TO FAR DON'T GET ME WRONG AND WHY AM I TYPING CAPATALIZED
Posted Image

RV_Passion
Member Avatar
Carboxmaker, Repainter and sometime more.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Can someone move these "Who likes Re-volt 2 and who not" posts to the Re-Volt 2 subforum please?

It does not belong here!
Art is beautiful, but makes a lot of work : Karl Valentin

Red_Ricky
Member Avatar
RV_Passion,Monday, Jun 29 2015
21:01
Can someone move these "Who likes Re-volt 2 and who not" posts to the Re-Volt 2 subforum please?

It does not belong here!

Im sorry you are totally right we went way to off-topic

So who is hyped for podcast #2?
Posted Image

Venomxx97
Member Avatar
VenomousCreature
@RV_Passion you are right that's why I didn't answer to the last post

However... I'm looking forward into seeing the next podcast and I have an idea for it. You could include some creations from users that you really enjoy e.g. cars or tracks no matter how old they are or very useful programs to create stuff for Re-Volt which some people might not know, or something like this.
My YouTube channel

Re-Volt N64 Soundtrack [YouTube]

Red_Ricky
Member Avatar
Venomxx97,Monday, Jun 29 2015
21:21
or very useful programs to create stuff for Re-Volt which some people might not know, or something like this.

I really like this good thinking
Posted Image

Gel38
Member Avatar
Car Parameter Trailblazer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Yo! When's the next podcast? However, i'd like to see it a bit shorter this time. An hour long is a bit too long for me to sit and watch. :)

Also, what would be cool is to see guests from the RV community in it. (like a section for them) Maybe interviews and such. That'd be awesome! (or an interview about a project they have done or are working on)
AM-Bio Design Car and Level Design.
Don't let the car drive you. You drive the car. - American Motors Bio Motto

American Motors Bio

Skarma
Member Avatar
Distant.
Should be sometime soon, we just need to work out exactly what we want to talk about this time around so the overall thing is shorter.

About guests, we're considering that but we don't want to reveal anything ahead of time yet.
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · News · Next Topic »
Add New Reply