Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Re-Volt Live. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add New Reply
Lego Racers RL Cars + Minifigs; A funny project
Topic Started: Mar 12 2015, 09:14 AM (100,654 Views)
kajeuter
Member Avatar
Fat-Bertha Master
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
A few weeks ago, I went to a Lego exhibition. And when I walked around I saw some fimilar minifigs from the first lego racers game. I was like, hey, lets buy them. When I got home I came with the idea to collect them all, and build the cars as well! (except for circuit 7, which didn't bother me)

If you dont remember the game, check out this link.

So I begun searching the internet and found out that there was a site called Bricklink. On this site, sellers from over the whole world sold lego parts. First up I had to find all of the minifigs. So I ran upstairs to find Achu and Baron von Barron in a old box of lego. All of the other minifigs were pretty easy to get. Except for a few. Rob 'n' Hood and Gypsy Moth were so hard to find. Most were expensive or heavily damaged. So for Rob 'n' Hood I found a temporarly replacement. So I already got some parts so far, and I started to build the non-bosses cars first. These have similar parts and are easyer to build.

Minifigs that I lack so far:
- Original Rob 'n' Hood
- Gypsy Moth
- Sam Sinister (with the black top hat)

Here are the photos what I got so far:

Circuit 1's Minifigs from right to left: Captain Redbeard, Governor Broadside, Rob 'n' Hood, Ann Droid and Pharaoh's Mummy
[xIMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/5yyir5.jpg[/xIMG]
[xIMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/zj6w5k.jpg[/xIMG]

The first batch of parts
[xIMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/2itj5te.jpg[/xIMG]

The Bosses from right to left: Captain Redbeard, King Kahuka, Basil the Batlord, Johnny Thunder and Baron von Barron.
[xIMG]http://i59.tinypic.com/v59xn5.jpg[/xIMG]

Some unifinished cars from Circuit 1-3:

Rob 'n' Hood, Ann-Droid and Pharaoh's Mummy
[xIMG]http://i58.tinypic.com/29uv9tj.jpg[/xIMG]
[xIMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/2le5mxc.jpg[/xIMG]

Islander, Commander Cold and Willa the Witch
[xIMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/2dkip2s.jpg[/xIMG]

[xIMG]http://i61.tinypic.com/29wpe6h.jpg[/xIMG]

I'm curious what you guys think so far :)

EDIT: If everything goes well at the post office, I will receive the last batch of parts today which allows me to finish the cars tonight. (hopefully)

Kaj
Posted Image

'I am a droid. I am always right.' -TX-20, Tactical Droid
'Prepare to be utterly crushed by the master of extreme sluggishness, gentlemen.' - Urbanrocker in the Rookie Championship
Offline Profile Quote Top

Abc
Member Avatar
Unproud Ex-Hacker
[ *  *  *  * ]
Great job man, good luck with the qualification!

mightycucumber
Member Avatar
Cool as a cucumber
Having played the hell out of this game when I was a kid (not just a CD rip, but the real thing, with original box and all) I can honestly say I'm very excited to see the outcome of this. The figures and cars you've done so far look amazing!
Posted Image < My DeviantArt

Posted Image

RV_Passion
Member Avatar
Carboxmaker, Repainter and sometime more.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nice to see all that. Me and Pure have build the bosses from Lego Racers 1 for many years, also Veronica Voltage. If you want, I put the pictures here from our Lego Racers cars kajeuter. :)
Art is beautiful, but makes a lot of work : Karl Valentin

kajeuter
Member Avatar
Fat-Bertha Master
RV_Passion,Thursday, Mar 12 2015
22:40
Nice to see all that. Me and Pure have build the bosses from Lego Racers 1 for many years, also Veronica Voltage. If you want, I put the pictures here from our Lego Racers cars kajeuter. :)

Yes please! I'm curious! Did you build the other characters as well?
Posted Image

'Prepare to be utterly crushed by the master of extreme sluggishness, gentlemen.' - Urbanrocker in the Rookie Championship

fr13ndz0n3dguy
Member Avatar
Should buy real RC
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
my second favorite PC racing game, ever.
making so much characters with so many different cool cars.
always felt better and better when playing that game.

some spoiler of the characters that i still remember:
-Capt. Redbeard: addicted to shooting cannons/grapple hook/deadly rockets
-Pharaoh's Mummy: likes to fly with dual jet, addicted to giving us some oil slick
-King Kahuka: addicted to shields :lol: (hate it so much when it deflected my rockets)
-Baron von Baron: addicted to deflecting shields and grapple hook/rockets
-Basil Batlord: rocket is his favorite weapon, always uses blue shield, likes to fly with jets
-RR (Rocket Racer): RIDICULOUSLY FAST, EPIC BTTF/TELEPORTATION, BOOST BOOST BOOST (nah, it's easy to defeat him B) )

never forget that game, my very first kart arcade racing themed game.

hey, Veronica voltage is the girl with the old gray racecar and can only be defeated in time trial right? i kinda remember her.

sadly, i never saw anything real from lego racers. but, (many years ago) i bought some racers themed lego and making some mix of different parts, either from exo force with racers or star wars with racers, etc. i'm not just collecting, but making some interesting new model and my friends likes it, so i sold it to them. it's not a great decision tho, never ever make a gift or sell what you collected to others. there's some pics of my creations on my facebook page, i'll put them here if you want me to. ^_^

glad to see some revolters also likes lego. well, who doesn't? :lol:
You know that is love when the first try you made a drift params and it worked smoothly, beautifully, and most of all, perfectly.

kajeuter
Member Avatar
Fat-Bertha Master
fr13ndz0n3dguy,Friday, Mar 13 2015
04:30
some spoiler of the characters that i still remember:
-Capt. Redbeard: addicted to shooting cannons/grapple hook/deadly rockets
-Pharaoh's Mummy: likes to fly with dual jet, addicted to giving us some oil slick
-King Kahuka: addicted to shields :lol: (hate it so much when it deflected my rockets)
-Baron von Baron: addicted to deflecting shields and grapple hook/rockets
-Basil Batlord: rocket is his favorite weapon, always uses blue shield, likes to fly with jets
-RR (Rocket Racer): RIDICULOUSLY FAST, EPIC BTTF/TELEPORTATION, BOOST BOOST BOOST (nah, it's easy to defeat him B) )

True true!

I finished most of the cars so far. Here are they so far:

Circuit 1/4
[offtopic=Govenor Broadside]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[/offtopic]
[offtopic=Rob n Hood]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[/offtopic]
[offtopic=Ann-Droid]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[/offtopic]
[offtopic=Pharaoh's Mummy]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[/offtopic]

Circuit 2/5
[offtopic=Islander]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[/offtopic]
[offtopic=Royal King]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[/offtopic]
[offtopic=Commander Cold]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[/offtopic]
[offtopic=Achu]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[/offtopic]

Circuit 3/6
[offtopic=Willa the Witch]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[/offtopic]
[offtopic=Blackjack Hawkins]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[/offtopic]
[offtopic=Sam Sinister]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[/offtopic]
[offtopic=Alpha Dragonis]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
[/offtopic]

Tell me what you think :)
Posted Image

fr13ndz0n3dguy
Member Avatar
Should buy real RC
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
you got me jiggle a bit and sad, right in them feels. -_-
you brought so many memories of my childhood. *like*

SHOULD
BOSSES!!!

(oh, almost forgot. could you build that character who drives white race kart with spoiler on the trunk, the minifig is an oldman wearing white racer suit with white helmet)
You know that is love when the first try you made a drift params and it worked smoothly, beautifully, and most of all, perfectly.

kajeuter
Member Avatar
Fat-Bertha Master
fr13ndz0n3dguy,Monday, Mar 16 2015
09:07
you got me jiggle a bit and sad, right in them feels. -_-
you brought so many memories of my childhood. *like*

SHOULD
BOSSES!!!

(oh, almost forgot. could you build that character who drives white race kart with spoiler on the trunk, the minifig is an oldman wearing white racer suit with white helmet)

I will build the bosses as zoon as I've got some more money. Collecting the pieces can be expensive. But I will definitely build them. And the spoiler kart you are referring to is properly called "turbo charger".
Posted Image

RV_Passion
Member Avatar
Carboxmaker, Repainter and sometime more.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
So, here are the Lego Racers Bosses that me and RV_Pure have built years ago. Hope you like them kajeuter. :)

Posted Image

Btw, I prefer This Minifighead for Rocket Racer, because it looks most similar to him.
Art is beautiful, but makes a lot of work : Karl Valentin

kajeuter
Member Avatar
Fat-Bertha Master
RV_Passion,Wednesday, Mar 18 2015
16:13
So, here are the Lego Racers Bosses that me and RV_Pure have built years ago. Hope you like them kajeuter.  :)

Posted Image

Btw, I prefer This Minifighead for Rocket Racer, because it looks most similar to him.

wow these look awesome. I should build those too. And did you like my creations as well?

With these cars, we can do real life lego races haha
Posted Image

Dave-o-rama
Member Avatar
Hallucinogenic Bulb
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Lego Racers was probably the first game I ever really, really got into (well before even Re-Volt) as a kid. So, to see all these bosses I spent so much time racing with actually built in real life is nothing short of an incredible nostalgia trip. The intro movie music is playing in my head as I type this.

I hope to see those bosses one day so that way I can triple green-brick the shit out of Rocket Racer in the real world.
hi-ban about strike21's constantly getting banned

Already banned? Wow! You Are Faster Than My Twin Mill!

martensan on RVZT

I live in a translation using Google

Z3R0L33T
Member Avatar
Le misanthrope
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Ho-ly **** !
Someone actually put them together irl !

Rocket Racer was my favorite character and I spent hours playing LEGO in order to get his car right (which i never managed).

On the other side, I still have many tiny cars with their drivers from LR-2.

I'll try to post them as soon as possible.
Posted Image

Awsome logo by ElectricBee.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Other Games · Next Topic »
Add New Reply