Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Re-Volt Live. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Cooperation between WeGo and the Re-Volt Community
Topic Started: Feb 1 2014, 08:44 AM (7,375 Views)
Marv
Member Avatar
No, I won't replace RVZ.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Due to the latest happenings (Re-Volt being taken off of GOG), I have been asked to look for ways of cooperation between WeGo and the community by Roy Park himself.

I told him to go towards Huki and Jigebren and solve the 1.2 problem with them. However, there won't be a solution since they are not, for obvious reasons, giving away their patch. Keep in mind that WeGo used the patch without rights nor permission.
So we are not discussing about WeGo using the 1.2 patch here
(this is not our issue; if Huki and Jig deny, that's it for them),
but rather how to cooperate and not speak bad of WeGo.

So what are your opinions about WeGo? What makes you go mad about them? What ways of cooperation and improvements do you think of?
Try to keep it productive (I know it's hard) and restrain from offtopic since I might send this to Roy Park afterwards.

I will collect the main points here:

Bad representation to community:
Poor english and useless support answers. A certain language skill is necessary for a company that wants to sell their products world-wide.
-> Work on a better and more serious representation

Re-Volt iOS and Android versions:
Begging for money with in-app purchases (battery play time, extra cars etc.). Expecting that the community likes in-app purchases in a game that they have been playing for 15 years is irrational. The same thing applies to Re-Volt 2.

Re-Volt 2 is an insult to the original Re-Volt. This "sequel" is the original game with only few primitve changes and full of awful minigames, common for cheap smartphone apps. Its only purpose is harvesting money.
-> Stop trying to squeeze every cent out of the Re-Volt franchise. Also put more effort into developing quality games.
Stop in-app purchases, one-time purchases are preferrable. Remove the battery, mini games and facebook sh*t!

Stealing the 1.2 patch without permission:
Although Huki and Jigebren denied the usage of 1.2 for a release on GOG, WeGo stole the patch and released it anyway. Audacious move.
-> Develop your own patch. You have the source code and since you own the game, you should know everything about it.
You should also care more about the community and their works. Respect us and don't steal works that you did not make. Although you say that you care about the community, you just don't.

I think this sums it up for all of us:
Urbanrocker

The biggest fuck-up they've done was buying Re-Volt for their own selfish needs -- money. The only way for them to "cooperate" with us is to give the game back to the community. Nothing more, nothing less. We don't care about giving them another chance, knowing that they will fail again. We just want the franchise back in good hands. Someone who won't taint the name "Re-Volt" any further.

kay

We Go Interactive. You have no power, not one programmer and an amateur graphic designer. So obviously no matter how I see this, you're just looking to steal (in term of cooperation) from Re-Volt community and claim it as yours.
We have nothing to talk. Get lost.

Zeroleet

Really, they should apologize publicly don't you think ? That would be a great step forward.

Credit goes to all the people below. Thank you so much.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Top

Nerdus Cerebralus
Member Avatar
Toy-Volt Peon
[ *  * ]
Marv, you may not like this, but I'd rather have Re-Volt dead than letting it be distorted and tortured alive.
Just unboxed and ready to roll

Revolt
v. verb
To attempt to overthrow the authority of the state; rebel.

Exactly what's going on with us and WeGo
Offline Profile Top

Hessen
Member Avatar
Bad with names
[ * ]
As sad as it may be, I highly doubt WeGo will be willing to cooperate with our community, simply because of how the mobile game industry works.

P2W style games like Candy Crush Saga are designed to be frustrating instead of fun. They are supposed to frustrate the user and offer a fun alternative for a short while for money. This has been more profitable than providing entertainment, often resulting in the developers making sure that their game isn't too fun. Most people that play these games don't spend anything, but the largest amount of revenue comes from the few people that get manipulated into spending hundreds of dollars.

WeGo is very clearly going that route with Re-Volt 2. They don't want to make a fun game. They want to make a profitable game which on the mobile market means intentionally making the game worse. As such morals like not stealing community content is straight out the window and a healthy relationship between WeGo and us is pretty much out of the question. They don't want our support. They don't need our support. They know that we are not the audience that pays up. They know that there are enough people elsewhere that do.

This isn't the first time this has happened (Dungeon Keeper, Roller Coaster Tycoon) and it certainly will not be the last time and sadly there is not much that can be done about it because there are always people they get with their trickery and milk money out of.
Offline Profile Top

fr13ndz0n3dguy
Member Avatar
Should buy real RC
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Overall, i agree with all your opinions Marv.
especially:

-Re-Volt 2 is an insult to the original Re-Volt. This "sequel" is the original game with only few primitve changes and full of awful minigames, common for cheap smartphone apps. Its only purpose is harvesting money.

"Stealing the 1.2 patch without permission:
Although Huki and Jigebren denied the usage of 1.2 for a release on GOG, WeGo stole the patch and released it anyway."
even though i never know this, i'm still asking to myself "why did they even do such thing?"

and also, this.

-Develop your own patch. You have the source code and since you own the game, you should know everything about it. You should also care more about the community and their works.

->Respect us and don't steal works that you did not make.

Re-Volt is an original Classic, as far as i know. i feel blessed joining this community, even though not joining all of Re-Volt community.
i don't want Re-Volt evolving to an awful and "outta the way" series, such as Flatout series (1,2,Ultimate Carnage), except the third one.
even i don't know much of the admins that still keeping the game alive, but i will always say "you guys are doing exactly a great job".
it is pretty much pointless playing Re-Volt 2 than playing the original Re-Volt on my tablet or notebook.

sorry if my opinions and arguments are pointless, but i still want the original alive, even though it's sad seeing this masterpiece tortured by a trashy community.
You know that is love when the first try you made a drift params and it worked smoothly, beautifully, and most of all, perfectly.
Offline Profile Top

taruncreation
Member Avatar
Repainter,Converter and much more.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I agree with you,marv .It's wrong ,wego shouldn't have used the patches without permission. :angry:
<A href="http://taruncreation.deviantart.com/gallery/">DeviantArt</A>
<A href="http://revoltzone.net/users/14213/tarun">Re-Volt Zone Alias</A>
Posted Image
Offline Profile Top

lu9rv
Member Avatar
It's-a Me
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
WeGo cooperating with the RV community would never work,
especially with that level of broken english and awful marketing strategies.
I don't update my signature in 2849328429385 years
Offline Profile Top

taruncreation
Member Avatar
Repainter,Converter and much more.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have played revolt 2 but it is not too good and its an online game.
<A href="http://taruncreation.deviantart.com/gallery/">DeviantArt</A>
<A href="http://revoltzone.net/users/14213/tarun">Re-Volt Zone Alias</A>
Posted Image
Offline Profile Top

RV_Pure
Member Avatar
Re-Volt Car Designer, Blender Modeler
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I want to say something, which already disturbs me a while. I know, WeGo has stolen the patch without arrangement and Apology. But i don't like the idea that our community use more stuff from WeGo with the time, how their cars and repaints. I think, if our community makes the same, then we are not better than WeGo. I mean, we have enough capable people for our own repaints, cars, tracks and other stuff. We have already the potential, that WeGo will never have it. We really don't need their stuff. Sorry guys, but i'm not a fan of this.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Top

mightycucumber
Member Avatar
Cool as a cucumber
RV_Pure,Wednesday, May 20 2015
19:34
But i don't like the idea that our community use more stuff from WeGo with the time, how their cars and repaints. I think, if our community makes the same, then we are not better than WeGo.

Isn't that just like what we've been doing for over 15 years?... taking things from other games and allowing them to be used in Revolt? (1nsane 4x4, NFS, Extreme-G, P.O.D., etc...)

The resources are available, we have the capability of reaching them by conversions and modding, so why not use them? - Now, Wego using stuff made for and by the community for their own profit and sales, that's something a whole lot different, that's not right on any level.
Posted Image < My DeviantArt

Posted Image
Offline Profile Top

RV_Pure
Member Avatar
Re-Volt Car Designer, Blender Modeler
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I't goes me in principle just about the things from WeGo. For me, they don't fit to the game (my opinion).

Sure, you're not wrong with:
(taking things from other games and allowing them to be used in Revolt? (1nsane 4x4, NFS, Extreme-G, P.O.D., etc...).
It's not new and it's optional. I really understand that.

But if i see which useless scrap WeGo does with Re-Volt 2, then i think this waste doesn't deserve to come in our truly Re-Volt. From a company which have made this game into a cash trap.

But if you think that i exaggerate a bit, you can tell me. Then I apologize.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Top

mightycucumber
Member Avatar
Cool as a cucumber
You have to agree with me that some of their repaints (not talking about their recent original cars or the effortless color scheme changes) are actually pretty well done, and if someone told us an original Revolt dev had done them, we'd probably buy it and take it for granted. Repaints like the new Dr. Grudge, Gengis Kar, Sprinter XL, etc. are pretty darn neat, as much as it pains me to say it.

Also, their improved HD graphics for the tracks, although they don't quite fit everyone's tastes (like me for example, I'd rather have the tracks looking like they always did :P ), aren't an alternative to look down at - in fact, I think that the original devs aimed at a similar style back then, but didn't quite have the means to accomplish it.

Moreover, I guess some of the game modes and challenges and other perks of the new mobile games would also be well received if they had been available upon the original 1999 release, or later applied to the game without deviating too much from the original core - which, unfortunately, this is where WeGo managed to fail miserably.

Summing it up, I do like some of the content Wego pops out, and I have no qualms about ripping it and using it. Like I said, ever since we've started modding this game we've been doing the same over and over again, and we will keep on doing so. Having said this, I also respect and share your opinion that the overall gaming experience achived from these new games is utter crap, regardless of how many good things come along with it. :)

Posted Image
Offline Profile Top

Nero
Member Avatar
The dark horse
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Can we stop bumping threads now?
Offline Profile Top

mightycucumber
Member Avatar
Cool as a cucumber
At least there's activity somewhere in this forum, even if it's just bumping threads, lol.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Top

Nero
Member Avatar
The dark horse
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
mightycucumber,Wednesday, May 20 2015
22:08
At least there's activity somewhere in this forum, even if it's just bumping threads, lol.

I'd rather have no activity than your typical anti-WeGo circlejerk.
Offline Profile Top

rider450
Member Avatar
Literally a "JUNIOR rc"
[ * ]
RV_Pure,Wednesday, May 20 2015
19:34
I want to say something, which already disturbs me a while. I know, WeGo has stolen the patch without arrangement and Apology. But i don't like the idea that our community use more stuff from WeGo with the time, how their cars and repaints. I think, if our community makes the same, then we are not better than WeGo. I mean, we have enough capable people for our own repaints, cars, tracks and other stuff. We have already the potential, that WeGo will never have it. We really don't need their stuff. Sorry guys, but i'm not a fan of this.

do we use WeGo's content:
-without giving them any credit?
-to make money for ourselves?
if you answered no to both of those questions, congratulations, you're a better person than the monkeys running re-volt to the ground at wego
useless pile of crap for 13 years and still counting!
Offline Profile Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · News · Next Topic »
Locked Topic