Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Re-Volt Live. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add New Reply
Non-rotating spinner NOT turning with steering; Still have Panga head effect for others
Topic Started: Oct 20 2012, 02:22 PM (1,046 Views)
Citywalker
Member Avatar
Resident Tinkerer
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I know some people have had problems with using spinners as non-rotating body parts and then seeing them turn together with steering wheels when using WolfR4 or the new V1.2 spinner option. For example, many cars in the Carmageddon packs have that problem.
I found a way to have all special effects turned on and the non-rotating spinner body parts still not turning. Simply put spinner’s AngVel 0.000001. This is absolute minimum rotation speed and in 15 minutes no noticeable rotation occurred. At the same time the spinner is excluded from the Panga head special effect.
Voila! :)
All my stuff is available here, and all my videos are available there.
-----
CW
Offline Profile Quote Top

kay
Member Avatar
Re-Volt Chieftain
This is one amazing result and yet no one cares about?

Great find!
It wouldn't hurt visiting my blog or Re-Volt frontend's :)

hi-ban
Member Avatar
Buggys!
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
hmmm... my latest cars use the spinner as a non-rotating body part.

How can i reproduce that "bug"?
MY RE-VOLT CARS

Citywalker
Member Avatar
Resident Tinkerer
I don’t know remember about V1.2, but in WolfR4 there is the option “Allow special effects for user cars” (under Options / Car makers), and if the spinner has AngVel 0.0 then it turns with steering wheels like Panga head.
All my stuff is available here, and all my videos are available there.
-----
CW

burner94
Member Avatar
Lazy and slowly progressing car maker since 2010.
There is the special spinner type flag in v1.2 parameters: you need to input some particular values, but it's explained in the txt itself.

The code zone which must be put in is this:

;)Type 1 ; 1: Default rot, 2: Turn with steer, 4: Translate with speed, 6: 2 and 4
;)Trans 0.000000 3.000000 6.000000 ; Translation max
;)TransVel 0.001000 ; Velocity factor

So to achieve non-turning ability you need to set AngVel 0 and Type 1.

To have steering-turning set AngVel 0 and Type 2.

Trans and TransVel are for another effect, the 'translation with speed' i.e. the spinner leans forth and back (and also up and down, or left and right) by the maximum amount of units set in Trans line, at the speed indicated in TransVel.

To have a translating spinner you need to put Type 4. To have a steering AND translating spinner you need to put Type 6.
LiveVolt supporter :)
Posted Image

Rail handling is for n00bs.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Car Tutorials · Next Topic »
Add New Reply