Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Re-Volt Live. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add New Reply
Vigilante 8
Topic Started: Jul 2 2012, 09:09 PM (2,804 Views)
Kaan
Member Avatar
Junior RC
[ * ]
Who here plays the car combat game and rival to Twisted Metal, Vigilante 8 and it's sequel, Second Offense?

Vigilante 8 (V8 for short) is a spin-off to the Interstate '76. It was created by Luxoflux and Activision.

You can choose a wide variety of cars, including a bus, a flying saucer, a baja bug beetle, etc..

The game includes a variety of weapons, most of which are picked up during gameplay. Every vehicle is equipped with the Mosquito Machine Gun by default (which is relatively weak on its own, but has infinite ammunition) plus you can do combos called whammy, deal big damage to a car and you'll get a whammy, the more of the whammy, the more damage you deal. Once you destroy a car, you get salvage points which will upgrade your car and it will transform to a hard hitting vehicle plus a chassis to the given vehicle.

Here's a gameplay for Vigilante 8:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSjnuLcA2sc
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Top

MythicMonkey
Member Avatar
Mythic Motors
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I never played the sequel, but I loved Vigilante 8 for the Playstation. I remember having to put a band-aid on one of my fingers because the key combos were so hard on them I would actually get a blister if I didn't. Cuz, yeah...I played it that much. :lol:

Great game! :TU:

Mythic
"The Truth SHALL Set You ALL Free. If You Only Allow YourSelves To See The Beauty That I, Myself Have Seen. So Shall It Be." ~ Excerpt from Mythic's Journal

Winner of the Only Mythic Racing Challenge - LivingWithGames!

LivingWithGames
Member Avatar
Super Pro
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have both game for PS1...but I play them in my PS2...awesome games, yet I suck at them.I need to learn the secret moves for the guns though.

I always used Boogie in the first Vigilante 8 game...the special is DEVASTATING!

burner94
Member Avatar
Lazy and slowly progressing car maker since 2010.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Played them both, and loving them both. That's it.

Second Offense had a better vehicle (and weaponry :lol: ) variety, tho :)

And did you know that there's a trick to play V8 maps on V8-SO? (only works with PSX and PS2 Slim, as opening the 'fat' PS2 tray will result in rebooting.)

-Boot up Second Offense.
-Pause it.
-Open the disc tray.
-Extract Second Offense and insert V8.
-Close the tray.
-A message will show up.
-Restore the original Second Offense disc in the tray.
-You now have full access to all V8 and V8-SO maps!
LiveVolt supporter :)
Posted Image

Rail handling is for n00bs.

THE_HARVESTER
Member Avatar
Boo.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I had the first one for the N64 and unlocked the Dreamland 64 stage... weirdness ensued.

I still have Second Offense for the Dreamcast, and while the game is very fun, it just went overboard in the zany stuff. The first had a nice atmosphere, with your 70's disco and an underlying plot full of intrigue, it felt cool. The second was just an LSD-laden mess of different time-periods and strange characters... giant ants... ugh...

Oh, and do yourselves all a favour and stay FAR AWAY from V8 Arcade on the 360. It's a mess.
Wiggidywa.

Nerdus Cerebralus
Member Avatar
Toy-Volt Peon
[ *  * ]
I've heard of Interstate 82', sequel of Interstate 76'

Love how Mr. Malochio is sarcastic in Interstate 76'

Did you know some music from Interstate 82' is from Devo?
Just unboxed and ready to roll

Revolt
v. verb
To attempt to overthrow the authority of the state; rebel.

Exactly what's going on with us and WeGo

Red_Ricky
Member Avatar
A Purple Banana, Controller Pro
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I play second offense on an emulator still one of my top 10 PSX games others being Re-volt(you don't say), Driver, Driver 2 Back on the Streets, Gran Turismo and a few more
Posted Image

Nerdus Cerebralus
Member Avatar
Toy-Volt Peon
[ *  * ]
To be honest, Groove is the meanest protagonist ever as he simply shoots Malochio as he begs for his life. Left a bitter taste.(I76)
Just unboxed and ready to roll

Revolt
v. verb
To attempt to overthrow the authority of the state; rebel.

Exactly what's going on with us and WeGo

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Other Games · Next Topic »
Add New Reply