Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Re-Volt Live. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add New Reply
Re-Volt for Mac; Download the newest build here!
Topic Started: Jul 21 2011, 09:03 PM (57,497 Views)
Marv
Member Avatar
No, I won't replace RVZ.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
deleted
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Top

Marv
Member Avatar
No, I won't replace RVZ.
I'm proudly announcing the new 'h-builds' which include RVHouse!
You can host races, join races, ... everything works like a charm.

Get the newest build: See first post
Posted Image

Marv
Member Avatar
No, I won't replace RVZ.
Sad that it isn't on RVF anymore. It had so many downloads…
But I'll never stop updating it here.
Posted Image

kserxes
Junior RC
[ * ]
Hi Marv,

first of all thanks a lot for creating the Mac port for Re-Volt 1.2, makes life a lot easier if you can just take advantage of the work somebody put into it ;).

I am running on Lion 10.7.5 and had a few little issues which I would like to share and one which I couldn't solve so far:

1. I wasn't able to run the game in the beginning... it would start and I had the icon in the Dock indicating that it was started but nothing happend. After some searching I found a post on a wineskin forum that this might be related to the X11 bundled with Wineskin not starting properly because of a lockfile that was created in the /tmp directory for the Re-Volt app. And that was the case... the path for me was /tmp/xWSxApplicationsxWSxRe-VoltxWSxRe-Volt.app/lockfile (might be different if you did put the app somewhere else than /Applications). Deleting the logfile did the trick and the game started!

2. In the game I wasn't able to create a profile... wine would complain that it couldn't create it. I found out that for the profiles to work under 1.2 there needs to be a directory called "profiles". It didn't exist, so I created this... but then I didn't get past the Re-volt logo and the game crashed. After deleting the folder the game would start normally but of course no profiles... so after I have been in the game I switched to windowed mode, created the folder then and voila I was able to create my profile. Note: If you want to use the reg cheat because of course you already went through the hardship achieving all the tracks and cars apply the reg file before you try and create a profile, or you have to do this again!

3. Now I was able to do my setup and play... yay! But after a time trial another error popped up "Can't create recrod file"... found this error on the net and also a solution for it which would be to create a "times" folder with sub-folders for Normal, Mirror, Reverse and ReverseMirror. So I created them... but I still get the error. Any ideas what could be wrong here? I don't think it is a permission problem as the Re-Volt folder and all sub-folders are writeable by everyone.

Would be very cool if I could get that last bit to work ;).

Cheers,
Juergen

Marv
Member Avatar
No, I won't replace RVZ.
Hey Jürgen ;)
Woa, thanks for your feedback. The people I gave it for testing said that everything was alright... It could be an issue with the newest wrapper I uploaded.
It's just about deleting some files and adding some folders, not kind of a big deal. I will upload an updated version as soon as I have my full internet speed back.
Glad to see someone actually using my port (though WeGo prohibiting me to distribute it...)!
Thanks again!
Posted Image

Morden
Junior RC
[ * ]
Hi good people. I'm Danilo, typing from Rio, Brazil. I play Re-Volt since my childhood. During many years I used to play on-line under nickname "Mordensoul" or "Morden" and now I want to play it again on my Mac. I've used to play in virtual Windows Parallels, but now I'm trying this Wineskin stuff.

I've done everything it was asked to do. Installed Wineskin. Created a wrapper and installed Re-Volt inside of it. Updated it to 1.2. Installed RV House inside the wrapper. Then created the custom EXE for RV House. Ran Re-Volt once then opened RV House. But in the end I always keep getting:

"Could not find Re-Volt. Please install (and run once) Re-Volt and restart application."

I've also tried installing first RV House in the wrapper then installing Re-Volt and creating custom EXE for the game. But it did no difference at all. I always keep receiving that message.

Please someone there! Give me some clue about what I'm doing wrong! I don't want to run Parallels virtual Windows just to play the game on-line. It makes my already slow Mac even slower!

Phantom
Member Avatar
Re-Volt Champion
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Link is down. The only thing I could find on the internet is this: http://paulthetall.com/revolt-mac/

Is it the same?
[color=light blue]We don't stop playing because we get older, we get older because we stop playing.[/color]

Phantom
Member Avatar
Re-Volt Champion
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
No reply yet Marv? :)
People don't stop asking me.
[color=light blue]We don't stop playing because we get older, we get older because we stop playing.[/color]

Marv
Member Avatar
No, I won't replace RVZ.
Sorry, I can't help with this at all. It never really worked well, it's not worth it. It's best to get VirtualBox and run everything in there.
Posted Image

rider450
Member Avatar
Literally a "JUNIOR rc"
[ * ]
wow i have lots of respect for you all
you're making fixes and ports and content for a game and you never expect anything in return
useless pile of crap for 13 years and still counting!

Anodyne
Member Avatar
Re-Volt Amateur
[ * ]
YESSSSSSSS. MAYBE NOW IT WONT TAKE 500 TIMES TO OPEN NOW.
I honestly do not care if I lose the race. It's just for fun.

Marv
Member Avatar
No, I won't replace RVZ.
First post updated. The 'port' is available again.
Posted Image

mannequin
Junior RC
[ * ]
Hey guys,

I casually Googled Re-Volt for nostalgia's sake and was elated to find that there was a cross-platform version being built by the community! You guys seriously rock.

I came here to post that it works right out of the box when I install it [http://re-volt.io/downloads#installer-for-windows] using PlayOnMac.

Marv
Member Avatar
No, I won't replace RVZ.
Thank you very much! I'll add the info to the website!
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · News · Next Topic »
Add New Reply