Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Re-Volt Live. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add New Reply
So Bad They're Horrible Games.
Topic Started: Oct 14 2010, 12:00 AM (8,048 Views)
Skarma
Member Avatar
Distant.
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Nero,Saturday, Aug 22 2015
12:17
Also, it has a dumpster truck, which crushes everything in its path. That's another reason why the game is so fun: you can just mess around and troll people who are on missions, and just piss everyone off in general.

Pretty much the only reason to "play" the game now.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Top

dbs213
Member Avatar
PHD in Procrastination
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well there's always Saints Row 2 for those who hate it...
I preferred to be called "thatmotorfreak"
---
My deviantART (Warning: Lots of Splatoon junk)
My Steam Profile

VaidX47
Member Avatar
Three threes
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
dbs213,Saturday, Aug 22 2015
16:50
Well there's always Saints Row 2 for those who hate it...

APB Reloaded is MMO, while Saints Row series are mainly Co-op. Quite a difference.

The closest Open World 'gangsta-shooter-driving' MMO alternative I can definitely think of is either SAMP or Multi Theft Auto.

--
Driver Parallel Lines was an okay game. Beaten 6 years ago. Physics are quite odd, but the game was still quite fun none less.
just ninja things | aka Vaid
----------
Most stuff is happening on the Re-Volt Discord server: https://re-volt.io/discord
>[MediaFire Re-Volt Stuff]< | >[Steam Profile]<

Red_Ricky
Member Avatar
A Purple Banana, Controller Pro
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well i liked it a lot back in the day i only seem to have a different version then most other people

[xIMG]http://i.imgur.com/13SDQzO.jpg[/xIMG]
Posted Image

Skarma
Member Avatar
Distant.
Not only is APB both an MMO and heavily co-op orientated but it's gameplay style is highly stringent compared to other games of it's type. You can't just walk in and expect spraying with any gun, it doesn't work like that.

Every weapon in the game has it's strengths and weaknesses and you have to know them and the playstyle of the game in order to get anywhere. This goes for everything else such as vehicles, modifications, etc. Spatial awareness is also very important and communication with teammates is essential.

In essence, if you disregard all the typical bullshit, APB is very very different and takes a lot of getting used to and offers a very different experience that can be very fun if you take the time (and patience) to learn it.
Posted Image
Posted Image

dbs213
Member Avatar
PHD in Procrastination
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Eh I was thinking about SR2 in terms of the open world with MMO-level character customization idea. Plus the whole "gangsta" theme.

---

Looking at APB's character customization made me drool though. I'd be happy to have just the customization part as a standalone software just like SR4's Inauguration Station. SR2 came close with the plethora of options for the character, but had lackluster content. Hairstyles were mostly awful, clothing was mostly mundane (unless you happen to stumble upon Let's Pretend in the underground mall), and your character's face looked like a chubby potato no matter how much you changed it.

I still love SR2 nevertheless (as much as I'm going OT with this). I wish I could at least try APB if it wasn't for my awful internet speeds and that I'm pretty much the antisocial gamer. That means no online gameplay for me.
I preferred to be called "thatmotorfreak"
---
My deviantART (Warning: Lots of Splatoon junk)
My Steam Profile

Skarma
Member Avatar
Distant.
It certainly still does have one of, if not the most, extensive character customisation of any game, at least until Black Desert finally gets an overseas release. It is a bit limited in the hairstyle department but everything else you can do whatever the hell you like with.

It's the same for clothing, decals and vehicles too but unfortunatly you need premium to be able to use more than a few which is a massive shame, the original RTW release wasn't like that... But that wasn't free to play at the time either...

I figured you were quite antisocial, gamer wise.
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · Other Games · Next Topic »
Add New Reply