[Rules, Quick Links, Contact Us]
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

RS Forums, RS Clan Page, Play RS1, Play RS2, Play RS3
Like us on FaceBook
Live Gold Swaps on Twitch
Add an Event
Event Calendar
Deputy Discussion

Welcome to the National Guard of Runescape.

You must be registered to access the forums.

Username:   Password:
  • Pages:
Catherby Clan Chat - Ranking System.; Discussions and information about it.
Topic Started: Mar 15 2012, 07:43 AM (2,728 Views)
Music Within
Member Avatar
NGoR Elder
Note: people that have been ranked up before the ranking system change will keep their rank (if not get ranked up) as long they keep gathering resources. No one will be deranked from their current rank for not having enough xp.

Catherby Clan Chat - Ranking System.

Owner: Rank level 12. Owner of the clan.
This is the person in charge of ensuring all ranks perform tasks as assigned. Demotes inactive ranks and issues promotions according to the set system for each category. If anything happens regardless if this rank is online, all blame will be put on the Owner. Success however is a shared benefit of every member of the clan.

Deputy Owner: Rank level 11. Voted Generals of Friend Chat. Selected by filing successful image reports of chat offenders. Votes on evidence images to ban offenders off chat.
The chat authority. Enforces the rules of Friend Chat and Clan Chat. Not a direct power over citadel, yet works with Overseer to ensure peace is kept in chat channels.

Overseer: Rank level 10. Chosen by Owner as the most active at citadel and clan chat. Encourages others on gathering resources. Respectful to fellow members.
Maintain order at citadel. Supervise the gathering of resources and upgrades of citadel. Has the ability to ban users from the keep and the citadel. Does enforce rules over chat.

Coordinator: Rank level 9. Hosting trusted events on a weekly basis.
If you have a talent for leading groups of people during large-scale events, PvP and PvM battles, or enjoy hosting minigames or drops - this is the rank for you! Gather 2700 resource per week at citadel. Does NOT enforce rules over chat.

Organizer: Rank level 8. Hosting the avatar when needed.
First step in proving worthy of being Overseer.
Mainly used for avatar hosting and helping the new clan members, can call meetings, post events and can call a vote. Does NOT enforce rules over chat.

Administrator: Rank level 7. unused rank
First step in proving worthy of being Organiser. You are temporarily ranked up to host the avatar, ranked up by a keyrank untill logout. Does NOT enforce rules over chat.

Ranks above generals are ranked by trust / respect / reporting / forum and clan activity.

General: Rank level 6. Maintain 2700 resource weekly to keep rank.
Has gained least 100m xp in the clan.
Confirm it with a Deputy Owner or Overseer.

Captain: Rank level 5. Maintain 2700 resource weekly to keep rank.
Has gained least 50m xp in the clan.
Confirm it with a Deputy Owner or Overseer to get your rank up.

Lieutenant: Rank level 4. Maintain 2700 resource weekly to keep rank.
Has gained least 25m xp in the clan.

Sergeant: Rank level 3. Maintain 2700 resource weekly to keep rank.
Has gained least 10m xp in the clan.

Corporal: Rank level 2. Maintain 2700 resource weekly to keep rank.
Corporal+ can invite new members to the clan, with the right introduction about the ranking system/clan forums. (Or has gained 5mil clan xp as a f2p player).

Recruit: Rank level 1. Does not gather resources or is inactive.
There are no requirements to earn this rank. You are automatically ranked when recruited. Gather 2700 resources to get a rankup.

F2P ranks Can get ranked up to their xp rank even though they can't gather resources. Those that are F2P have to message a keyrank, they will check your xp and if you are indeed F2P.

1) Unable to gather resources.
Being unable to gather resources won't be a problem since gathering resources once will give you your rank back. It would be nice to let us know why you can't gather since it will keep you safe from cleanout kicks that might happen. Being kicked resets your xp so it would be wise to post on NGOR or our "unable to gather resources" thread.

2) Promoting events.
The events will be posted on our Runescape event section, NGOR and on the clans Facebook page. It will be advertised in the clan chat randomly.

3) Kicking inactive recruits.
-The keyranks will try to contact the recruits in game their pm/clan chat if they don't reply we write them down. If we haven't seen them saying a word then they'll be kicked out after the next citadel reset.
-We will check the gained xp from our recruits once the clan is nearly full, the ones with less than 400k xp gain in one month will be kicked if they aren't on probation.
Edited by Music Within, Sep 30 2013, 11:44 AM.
Offline Profile Top

IronicFlame
Lv 4
All sounds pretty good since, a lot of our recruits just kind of chill or cap once in a blue moon >.<
Offline Profile Top

Kevin Davis
Member Avatar
Lv 76
I love all these ideas. For the ranking system I fully support and think it is great with the only flaw being that many people will still probably not get involved just to get a decent rank. The good thing is however we would be able to distinguish between those that do get involved and those that don't. As for promoting events I like the fact that your asking us both on here and runescape. It gives us a good poll of how everyone wants to get event info. I personally like to use Ngor or hear the announcements in cc but I know other prefer other methods. I Fully support kicking inactive ranks that are p2p and not maxing in clan for like so many weeks. Also since the free players cannot cap I think they should be kicked if not getting involved in the clan in any way for like 3 months unless they have an excuse such as vacation or being deployed for military. Great thread tifa! ;)
Posted Image
Offline Profile Top

Lady of Light
Member Avatar
Lv 5
This sounds great Tiffany! I love the idea that we are ranked not just on the fact that we capped, but we participate as well. Great way to show people that we care more than just for capping. :) Since I haven't used NGOR much, I'm sometimes out of the loop, but I like the idea of combining using the different methods mentioned--FB, NGOR, RS forums. As for kicking recruits, I know some people are just naturally quiet, but it sounds like a good idea to check up on them in PM's, etc. If no response for a couple of weeks, they could just be botting or something, which isn't what we want in CC either lol.
Posted Image Posted Image
Offline Profile Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

ok, so where to start. first of all i have been telling many of the clan members over the months about how i thought we should have the number of weeks you need to collect resources to gain a rank increase exponentially with each rank, but i was shot down everytime. im glad someone with authority is smart enough to actually realize that we need to do that.

as for events, just post them everywhere, im never on on the weekends these days so i miss like all of them.

as for the recruits. most of them are emotionless machines that dont respond to anything. i took it apon myself last time to individually go through and single out each recruit and tell them about the citadel. frankly they found it annoying having some guy tell you to do resources, even though its required to be in the clan >.>. some of the people hadnt even heard of the citadel, some people spat in my fast, and some just straight up did not respond.

ive been in this clan for a good little bit of time, and have done many things behind the curtains to try and get this clan to better ground. but at every turn i am met with negative attitude and dream crushers, and i have gotten nothing for my effort. which is why i had to leave this clan for a couple of months. i missed SOME of the clanmates who were good to me but i couldnt come back without reason of real change. me and heli have been keeping good contact and when i heard that erik MIGHT establish coordinators and admin ranks i came back to see what was going on. that was 5 weeks ago, nothing has changed except key officers have left or resigned and new people have taken their places. its pretty obvious to me this clan could fall apart at the seams any day. im afraid if something does not change soon. i may have to leave before that happens.

thanks for understanding,
vox

Rach
Lv 59
Ranks that fail to cap each week should loss one or even two ranks, failure to do so beyond recruit is a kick - no questions asked
Edited by Rach, Mar 15 2012, 09:32 AM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

if we were to enact tiffs plan for exponential number of weeks per rank, losing multiple ranks would take 2-5 weeks to recover. if i didnt cap and that didnt happen to me i would be so mad.

Music Within
Member Avatar
NGoR Elder
Yep that would get rid of the generals that don't cap unless they get deranked ;)
Offline Profile Top

Lady of Light
Member Avatar
Lv 5
For the record, glad you came back Vox. :D And, this general doesn't plan on losing a rank, even if I have to stay up all night to do it lol.
Posted Image Posted Image
Offline Profile Top

Music Within
Member Avatar
NGoR Elder
THATS THE SPIRIT! now we just have to find out what to do with the stuff I've mentioned in the 1st post :)
Offline Profile Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Feedback/Comments · Next Topic »
  • Pages:

National Guard of Gaming, National Guard of Runescape, Clan MF-D and all logos are trademarks of Webtronix Design, ©1998. All Rights Reserved. View our ToS for more details. Runescape™ is a trademark of JaGeX Ltd ©1999. Andrew Gower and Jagex, Ltd. Forum banners by Bobbydown. Forum design by Ackerben. Team Speak by Gaming Heavens.