Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Marvel: A New Dawn. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Never a Dull Day; Open
Topic Started: Dec 28 2014, 01:41 AM (757 Views)
Extremis
Member Avatar

Avengers
The bell sounded and Dr. Star's class groaned as they rose from their seats, mumbling mostly in defeat following the exam they'd just taken a brutal beating from. She'd warned them that it would be difficult but based on the scores she was seeing now, most of them hadn't heeded her advice. With her new job with Stark Industries and having become a full time Avenger, she only managed to keep her head above water at the school by making all of the tests digital, which saved her a lot of time with manual grading. Still she couldn't hide her exhaustion during class lectures, try as she might. She had to take frequent breaks just to get through them. Today, the students could have been having an open discussion during the test for all she knew. She fell asleep almost as soon as she'd administered it. Only the bell woke her up.

Trying to feign awareness she announced completion of the test, and rose from her desk, smiling and bidding the students goodbye as they filed out of her class. The last student finally out, she sighed, gathered her own materials and fled herself. As she marched with purpose to her car in the parking lot her mind hard pressed for structure. There was the Mighty Avengers, Extremis, her suit modifications... Chastity Andrews... No, she couldn't even broach the thought of her right now. She had too much to do. Of course, there was always the unexpected encounter that tended to add to her already long laundry list of concerns...
Posted Image
[align=right]Posted Image
[/align]
Current:
So, I Read Your File

Has most recently joined the Avengers and dropped her job as an NYPD Police Officer to become a Professor for Cell Biology at New York State. Currently on the hero side of things Neko is pursuing the model Chastity Andrews along with a select few Avengers for multiple counts of unprovoked murder.

Trivia:
-Key Lime Pie is her favorite dessert.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Moon Knight
Member Avatar

Avengers
Marc Spector walked along side the Provost for New York State University as they concluded the tour of the campus. Under all of his brooding and night time villain smacking lay a man that was quite philanthropic who chaired a number of charitable organizations. The Provost always like to take large donors on a tour of the campus so that they could see what they were investing in. Today was a tour of the Science building after Marc's generous donation to that specific department. His donation earmarked towards equipment upgrades and scholarship funds for science majors. With technology advancing as quickly as it was and the cost of a higher education being as expensive as it was Universities had trouble keeping up with the advances and students had trouble keeping up with the rising cost. Due in part by the need to purchase such expensive lab equipment and supplies, so Marc did what he could to lessen that blow with a large charitable donation.

"Again Mr. Spector I want to thank you for your contribution to the Science department." Provost Wellman had said as she shook Marc's hand. "It's my pleasure Dr. Wellman, and if there is anything that the University needs, just give my office a call and I'll see what I can do. At the very least I can network you with others who may be able to assist." Marc said with a grin that was generally only common place to his civilian persona when he was away from the mansion, his armory, and the Idols of Khonshu. These where the moments when the Embracer aspect of Khonshu's guidance came into alignment, making him more of a pleasure to be around.

"If you'll excuse me, but I believe that is Dr. Star leaving for the day. I'd like to chat with her before I head back to the office." He said, bidding the Provost a good day and heading over to where Neko was walking.

"Good Afternoon Dr. Star." Marc said as he fell into line next to Neko, "Not to be rude, but it looks like you just went twelve round with Crusher Creel. Anything I can help you with? His smile was pleasant and genuine as he expressed a bit of concern over his teammates exhausted appearance. Another bit of rarity for Marc, yet a genuine byproduct of that Embracer aspect.
[align=center]Moon Knight Bio[/align][align=center][Posted Image[/align]
[align=center]Sig made by Technoid[/align]

Threads
Smugglers Run -- Bow Down! -- A Man Among the Myths--Soaking Up the Sun

Extremis
Member Avatar

Avengers
Neko was walking at a grueling pace, and nearly paced by Marc without noticing him. When he spoke up though, she did stop though, holding onto the strap that hung diagonal across her chest. "Oh Mr. Spector, I'm so sorry, I guess I was just in sort of a rush I..." she lumbered for words and then simply sighed. "I'm sorry. I guess..." she considered her next words. Marc Spector. Moon Knight. New Avengers family member. It couldn't hurt to be honest could it? As team they needed to be tightly knit. She straightened up and nodded. "Well, I suppose you could lend an ear..." she said as she continued her walk, tempering her pace, and keeping step with him.

"What's wrong with me, is pretty much what has always been wrong with me. I have a problem with... overbooking myself you might say?" Or maybe it would be more proper to face the confession head on. Workers Anonymous much? "I'm a workaholic, and yes I mean that in the most unhealthy sense. I can not sit still for long enough to give myself a bloody break... It's physically impossible for me!" She sighed again and rubbed her right temple. She had a headache and the 800mhz frequency was much harder to keep on "silent" when she had a headache.

Able to mask her true stresses at will, she easily defaced her previously stated struggles and replaced it with a smile. "But I'm fine, really, how are you doing?" She gazed at his eyes and silently screamed for her subconscious to stop thinking about the towers and towers of work she had to waiting for her back home.
Posted Image
[/align]
Current:
So, I Read Your File

Has most recently joined the Avengers and dropped her job as an NYPD Police Officer to become a Professor for Cell Biology at New York State. Currently on the hero side of things Neko is pursuing the model Chastity Andrews along with a select few Avengers for multiple counts of unprovoked murder.

Trivia:

Moon Knight
Member Avatar

Avengers
Marc listened carefully to what Neko was saying. Both to her actual words, and to her mannerisms. Though that proved much harder as she was quite adept at masking her true stresses and Marc only caught the movement to her temple would could have been a mere scratch at an itch. Though her words were enough to clue Marc into a lot of things. She had been very forthcoming and direct. A trait that he absolutely appreciated. He was not the type to beat around the bushes. He did, after all, stalk around at night in pristine white body armor with a desire for his enemies to see him coming. So straight and to the point was his people, so to speak.

"Mr. Spector is my business persona. It's Marc to my friends." He said with a slight grin while clasping his hands behind his back. "And I'm doing well, thank you for asking." As they walked he pondered on her words and her habit of overbooking herself. Something that he could relate to. Though he surmised that everyone with an alter ego in the "hero" game could relate to.

"I run a multimillion dollar investment company by day, don a cowl at night, and have a cosmically charged girlfriend who has a habit of dragging me clean across the galaxy. Overbooked, comes with the club. The trick is to choose your battles and learn to rely on the help of others." This is where the pot calling the kettle black came into play. Marc was not known for choosing his battles, or relying on the help of others.

"And yes, I could use a dose of my own medicine. But I understand the drive. What drives me is very different than what drives you. Perhaps people like us need to make relaxation a job. Schedule it like we do meetings and learn to play as hard as we work." Marc shrugged a bit as he thought more on the subject. "Which is difficult for me given the nagging presence of a vengeance addicted celestial. So... we may be s#!t outta luck." Marc laughed a bit, as really what else could you do in these moments.

Threads

Extremis
Member Avatar

Avengers
Neko had to cover her mouth just from blurting out in obnoxious laughter in response to his comment about Ms. Marvel dragging him cross the Galaxy. The most likely reason that she found it so funny was the likelihood that he wasn't exaggerating in anyway. "Well, whatever makes her happy, right? I'm not so sure I could balance a relationship in all of this, which makes you a more efficient workaholic than me at the very least. " She let out another tiny snort and pushed back an unruly lock of curly, flailing hair. " But thank you for empathizing with me, Marc"

They weren't far from her car now. It stood out rather dashingly without happening to be distastefully ostentatious. The R8 was mostly black with burnished gold accents. She'd certainly made her own alterations to it with the acquisition of some new size shifting tech. "Well maybe we can schedule our relaxation time together, you know, so that we're keeping accountability." she said, with a smile. Then quickly the smile faded and she rushed to clarify her statement. "I mean of Carol's okay with it, of course." She didn't realize until afterwards how the statement may have sounded. A brawl with Ms. Marvel was not something she even wanted to accidentally walk into.

Finally reaching her car she popped the trunk without the use of her key fob and tossed her bags in, closing it shut again. Wanting to change the subject to dispel the awkward moment, she figured she'd take the time to learn about this Khonshu. "You know, something that's been intriguing me is this celestial you've talked about. Something to do with your abilities I know, but that's about all know. How exactly does it, or he or you know what I mean..."[/i] she used her hands to try to convey her point. "How do you interact together, and what exactly is it that he does?"
Posted Image
[/align]
Current:
So, I Read Your File

Trivia:

Moon Knight
Member Avatar

Avengers
Marc walked along side Neko, maintaining focus on the conversation while simultaneously keeping an eye on his surroundings. Who was joking where, who was sitting where. Was that guy reading the news paper on that park bench or feigning interest while spying on someone? The things that workaholic heroes do when they have enemies who want to destroy them and the world in the process. Most likely Neko was doing the same things as well. The habits of a hyper vigilant workaholic with a moral stance that teetered on the verge of OCD heroing.

She had thanked him for empathizing with her and Marc simply returned the thanks with a small nod and a smile that was meant to relay that the Lunar Legionnaire would be there anytime she needed. Whether it was to talk about something or to punch something. Though her next comment caused Marc to actually laugh out loud as Neko realized how that might have sounded and worked to back track on the comment. In the past someone may have called that a Freudian slip though, "It's ok Neko. Freud's been largely discredited." He said with a chuckle, and then followed it up with an arch of the eyebrow. "Mostly." The more jovial side of Marc seemed to be a bit ornery to say the least.

Arriving at her car, Marc whistled as he looked over the machine before him. He was a guy after all and cars were something that peeked his interest and he had quite a few of them in his garage. A small smile crossing his lips as he spotted the black and gold color scheme that matched her armor. Just like Marc and his all white almost everything. The color scheme was about as much a part of their persona as the job was. It was just as much their identity as their name, both on and off the job. Though before he could comment she had asked about Khonshu.

"Khonshu's the God of Vengeance and watcher of over night travelers. I am his avatar. The Moon's knight of vengeance. I died before the very idol of Khonshu that's in my library, and he resurrected me." Marc said as he stuffed his hands into the pockets of his dress pants, taking a bit of a fake relaxed stance. "He passes judgement and I execute the vengeance. Though I refrain as much as possible from executing that as violently as Khonshu would like me to. Which causes the conflict that leads to... unfortunate lapses in stability." Marc shrugged a bit as he pointed to his temple. "Khonshu's up here, which explains the challenges that telepaths have with reading my thoughts. I'm not the only one in there."

Again he shrugged as he looked over at Neko. "My abilities are my own, I'm a merc turned hero by a celestial. Typical story really given our acquaintances. But under it all, I'm just a man in conflict with his very ancient religion and its methods. Eye for an eye isn't the way we do things anymore." And just like he had told Carol during their stake out date of sorts, that very conflict within him was the core reasons he was so hard on Frank Castle and the Punishers methods. If Marc let go, he would be just like Castle.

Threads

Extremis
Member Avatar

Avengers
Neko snickered at the Freudian comment. "'Course." she responded, and left it at that. Marc did get a proud smile out of her with his whistle though. She'd spent much time on the vehicle's customization. Of course, with her, customization was more than adding some subs and a turbocharger. A life long mechanic would pop the hood and not know what the hell he was looking at, and that was thanks to her engineering. But she'd get to that later, right now she was listening intently to his explanation of Konshu.

Her brows knit together in concentration as she pondered the explanation of his super heroic origins and realized that he was not too different from Johnny Blaze. In fact their story's had the same baseline. They had power bestowed upon them by some ancient deity. However, she had far more respect for The Moon Knight than she did for the Ghost Rider, because Blaze tended to let the Rider do whatever he damned pleased most of the time, and that had cost lives. Even him being her "friend" she ended up in a building toppling brawl over that. She recalled thinking she'd won after a devastating blow, until the flaming skull simply looked at her with a stare that informed her that he could have killed her then, before simply turning away, slowly and deliberately mounting on his bike, and driving away. Given that her last attack would've likely knocked the Hulk back into Banner, she had nothing else to hit him with, and resolved that the best course of action was to let him go, lest she end up like one of his many sin gravid victims.

What Neko pulled from it all was "You must be very wise." Her statement was easily discerned of course. Keeping something that dwelled within you at bay to any extent required a surmountable amount of willpower, and the knowledge that he gained from the Celestial was likely beyond even the most insightful man's in this present day. She folded her arms across her chest and leaned on the vehicle. Her headache suddenly didn't feel quite as hammering. She leaned against her car, opening up her mind to the Electromagnetic Spectrum just a little. Enough to stay cognizant of anything threatening. "I can really respect your discipline."
Posted Image
[/align]
Current:
So, I Read Your File

Trivia:

Moon Knight
Member Avatar

Avengers
"Wise." He said with a bit of a halfhearted chuckle. Marc didn't know if he was a wise man, or two stubborn to accept that fact that he was a doomed man. There were so many uncertainties. Like would every time result in his resurrection? Was he doomed to walk the earth perpetually like Cain. Though instead of the mark of Cain he carried the mark of Khonshu. Was there other things the Khonshu could bestow if Marc could figure out how to unlock them? To many questions, half of which Marc did not really want the answer to.

"Or perhaps I'm just the most stubborn there is." A little play on the common phrase that their friend Bruce spoke when the other guy decided to rear his ugly head. Seems like quite a few of the Avengers have something buried within. Something dangerous and unknown. Odd how a universe in need of champions decides to doom its own champions.

"Maybe you understand better than most though." Marc said as he glanced over at Neko. "Extremis can't be an easy thing to deal with. Hopefully more gift than curse, but it's pure science instead of celestial deity. Honestly, the science stuff loses me. Marc really disliked the all science villains. He was the type that just needed to know what to punch when, so when it came to blinding them with science Marc was not the guy to turn to. Another one of the many reasons he was glad to have a mind like Neko's on the team. The science stuff was inevitable.

Threads

Extremis
Member Avatar

Avengers
Neko didn't think that he was more stubborn than she, but it wasn't much of a trait to gloat about either, so her response was reserved to a knowing, furtive smile, that purposely betrayed mutual understanding. This seemed to elicit his next statement, an acknowledgment of a shared plight. A burden similar in effect, though different in origin. Her subconscious spectrum scanning suddenly came to a head when he mentioned gifts and curses. She immediately recalled how lack of experience in using her abilities when they were first induced lead to very extant thoughts of suicide. Her mind was a flood gate opened, and seemingly impossible to close, a perpetual bombardment of inscrutable information, infinitely drowning her thoughts. She'd thought she lose herself at first. The first intravenous dosage of her regulation serum had tempered it enough for her to learn to turn the volume up or down, or simply move it completely to her subconscious. This allowed her to function as a normal human being and engage in simple conversations like this one.

"I've managed to lower my serum shots to two a day. One if I completely refrain from using technopathy. Of course I've come to use it day to day so... I'm still working out the specifics of a stable dose, but I have been for years and years now. It's one of my obsessions, mainly because I need it to be. If I don't keep a step ahead of it, constantly monitor my vitals and its state within my body, it may have unforeseen effects that could prove mortifying to say the least." Then the car's engine suddenly yawned to life, leading into the engine's barely audible purr. Neko's was smiling, and holding both open hands up, indicating that she hadn't even been touching her keys. "Can't say that I don't love the benefits though."
Posted Image
[/align]
Current:
So, I Read Your File

Trivia:

Moon Knight
Member Avatar

Avengers
With shared similar burdens came shared similar understanding of each other on some level that few others could understand. Marc would have one of those days when he was a bet more dour and broodish than most days, and Neko would on some level be able to relate. She may be able to understand that the Celestial in his head was giving him a bit of trouble that day. On the opposite side of that coin, Marc would be able to sympathize with the headaches that came from the constant barrage of information. How very similar that must be to voices in ones head, and he understood that better than most people.

The limited interactions he had with Neko had given him the impression that she had learned, or was learning to, turn the volume down and push it to the side. Something that took a psychotic break and numerous psychologists to teach Marc to do. Khonshu, being the God of Vengeance was rather vengeful. Marc understood that not every single wrong act deserved full blown code of Hammurabi like vengeance, and as such it was a conscious decision to push that voice to the side and let it go. A task that took a lot of restraint and will. Though it was this absolute vengeance that disturbed Marc the most given that some of the Pyramid texts contained hieroglyphs that referred to Khonshu as the "One who lives on hearts." Marc had no idea if that was literal in the sense that he thirsted for the hearts of evil doers, or that he lived by consuming the metaphorical "heart" of his chosen champion.

Neko explained how she was constantly having to monitor her vital signs and levels within her own body. Much like a diabetic did, constantly having to make adjustments to stave off the more unwanted complications. To Marc this showed a great level of personal responsibility and drive to maintain balance. The car suddenly coming to life without the use of a key fob with remote start brought a grin to Marc.

"Indeed, that's got to be very beneficial with these New York winters. Lets just hope you don't get your signals crossed and mistakenly fire off the jump jets in my boots while we're indoors. That could be unfortunate... hilarious, but unfortunate." Marc may have been one of those guys who just could not help but chuckle when he saw someone take a fall because of some idiotic stunt they were trying to pull. Like the skateboarders that tend to infest the parks.

Threads

Extremis
Member Avatar

Avengers
Neko's gaze bounced between her car and Marc before she finally smiled at a now very apparent revelation. This man had a passion for cars. "Marc! You're an automotive man aren't you?" She hitched a hand on her hip. "Well you're not quite the type that I would've guessed to enjoy the curves on a sports car more than those on a woman..." she teased. "Well, don't be shy now, go'on 'n take a look, ya?" she said with a wink that popped the hood so that he could lift it.

When he did, what he'd find would look nothing like any vehicle he'd ever seen before. First of all because there wasn't an engine. Not a normal one anyways. The reason the car had hardly any sound while running was do the the fact there there was no rotating crankshaft powering the pistons that caused the usual noise and movement. Instead there was a centrifugal propulsion drive powered by cryogenic power cells that pushed energy to the rest of the vehicle. The same kind of technology that powered her suit. While it wasn't as efficient as Stark's repulsor technology, she was giving him a run for his endless money. She didn't do it for money though, only for personal use and control (she never released her designs to Stark even after numerous requests and proposals).

Neko walked up next to him, and crossed her arms across her chest as she stared down at the illuminated spinning housing under the hood. "I don't quite fancy taking the title of mechanic, but Engineering is one of my fields of expertise and automotives is almost like '101' based knowledge there... The vehicle can reach 500 mph without burning out the tires, which are made of a custom polymer that prove to be much, much stronger than rubber with the same general capabilities. The body is nearly as durable as my armor. GLaDoS is implemented in the vehicle, allowing it to drive unmanned and while it can't fly (I didn't much see the point of that capability when their are far more efficient means), I can transform it into a two passenger Jet at will." she nodded proudly. "She's my babe." she said, turning to look at Marc. "Oh and in case you're wondering GLaDoS is the name of the AI implemented into my suit design. She's how I remain sane while tapping into the... world... you know through signals and stuff."
Posted Image
[/align]
Current:
So, I Read Your File

Trivia:

Moon Knight
Member Avatar

Avengers
Marc understood his mood was vastly different than what people usually say. His moods were greatly impacted by the celestial entity that had raised him from the dead and locked itself within his own psyche. Life had become easier to navigate now that he understood this to not be a by-product of a dissociate identify disorder, but rather the way in which his own mind makes sense of the additional constant celestial presence. Some days were just more vengeful than others. While others were more empathetic and embracing than others. All of it being part of the gig, the nature of the beast. One that he was searching for ways to understand and to deal with. Perhaps a sit down with a telepath was in order, though Marc held great reservation against that idea. Khonshu could be possessive (obviously) and a telepath poking around in his mind in order to assist Marc is uncovering Khonshu's intentions could put that telepath at great risk which was something that he did not wish to take place.

Which leads to why he had been so accepting of not playing the lone wolf role any longer. Being on a team with the other Mighty Avengers and having Carol at the house and by his side served a great purpose to keep him grounded and keep eyes on him. Not that such a reasoning was why Carol was around, as it surely was not, but it was why he had joined the Avengers. The Avengers and Carol could certainly spot a change for the worse before it got too out of hand.

Marc leaned in and looked over the engine as Neko spoke. The feats of engineering were remarkable. Surely enough to give a guy like Stark a solid run for his money. Marc smirked a bit at Neko's curve comment as he looked the engine over. "Certainly not more. I'm crazy Neko, not a fool." Again he smirked a bit as she explained more about the set up and its capabilities. "You know I got a guy named Jean-Paul DuChamp, Frenchie, who does all the work on my other vehicles. I might send him your way. That is if you don't mind working in all white color schemes."

Marc turned to face Neko and nodded in both amazement and respect for the skill on display. "Very impressive and admirable. I very much like the "be your own solution" to problems. And knowing that there is someone around who can contain me with more than just muscle, as well as find a solution should I take fall off the deep end, is very reassuring."

Threads

Extremis
Member Avatar

Avengers
"...uh-huh..." was Neko's response to his curves comment, her eyes unconsciously flicking up and down, scanning him without pretense, a amiable smile on her face as she bit part of her bottom lip. It only took her a split second to realize what could be viewed as a suggestive gaze and she looked away. "So more work for the workaholic huh? I like that... you seem to know what I need. That's what I mean by my saying that I think we might get along just fine in this new team of ours yea... we understand each other." She made it a point not to look at him in the eye again. Too much intensity where there shouldn't have been. Funny, when she'd first met him, she thought him to callous to confide in, and yet, now he seemed far more magnanimous. She arched back over to the side of the Audi... or what was left of the Audi's basic framework anyways. She'd practically invented a new vehicle. "I've thought about making this a free time hobby anyways... y'know, taking new vehicles, pimpin' 'em out a li'el bit? There's a rapper that did that... eh... I can't quite recall his name..." she furrowed her brows, but then shook the thought off. "Whatever, it's good money, but time consuming and ah've still got Extremis to figure out, eventually."

When he had a good look, she lowered the hood once more. She couldn't but help but smile again, almost girlish this time when he complimented her. She got it a lot but then the quality of such a comment depended on who it was coming from, and to her, he was an esteemed teammate with, what she found to be some classy qualities. "Well muscle isn't everything darlin', like you said, you're not a fool." she let her gaze linger with his for a moment, to let that comment sink in before breaking eye contact again. "But I assure, you, any Avengers get too close to the edge, me and the rest of them will be there to bring them back. I'm sure the trust is mutual between everyone, in that light."
Posted Image
[/align]
Current:
So, I Read Your File

Trivia:

Moon Knight
Member Avatar

Avengers
"Xzibit." Marc said to the reference to the rapper who pimps out vehicles on a TV show. "Guys name is Xzibit." Marc shrugged as he dropped a bit of pop culture trivia that he probably should not have known. "I was staking out some low level thugs in Hell's Kitchen one night. Waiting for the bigger fish to show his face. They were watching a marathon so I was forced to watch it as well. Damn guy never showed." He said with a slight chuckle. "Which reminds me. I need to track him down and make him pay for having to sit through a ten hour marathon of that nonsense."

While there may be some tension in the air for Neko, Marc was not so clued into that fact. He was far more dialed into what was under the car and the people that walked by or were milling around. He had a keen ability to look at someone he was talking to and be actually looking past them without it looking as though he was not looking at the person he was speaking to. Always on the watch, taking note of who was passing by and the number of times they did so. Who was standing in one spot for the sake of standing in a spot and who was trying to make it look like they were just standing there for standings sake. There was also the reality that he was not so keen on the subtle nuances of flirting. In his experience the flirting that he got as a rich and successful business man was more overt and blunt and no where near the covert and subtle. Even with Carol it had never been subtle.

"Doing what we do fails if there is no trust. Those who wish us harm will key into that lack of trust and exploit it, so its crucial that our trust be unwavering and absolute." He said as he moved out of the way so Neko could shut the hood on the car. "My time away from civilization kind of taught me that the isolated guy is not a good place for me to be. Alone with my thoughts is... dangerous. So I'm seeking out those I can trust and keeping them close. While I try to figure out what it is that Khonshu wants with me."

It was not easy for Marc to admit that he still had unanswered questions related to Khonshu and his resurrection. Why he had been chosen, and what Khonshu wanted with him? "I got handed a second chance. Can't assume there's not a price for that."

Threads

Extremis
Member Avatar

Avengers
"Oh right, I knew it was some proper word skewed by slang and whatever culture those kids think they have. Hell's Kitchen. Y'know I thought parts of London was bad until I moved to Chicago. But that only lasted until I moved to New York and my first night walking through Hell's Kitchen. It's a 24 hour job patrolling it, isn't it?" she said. She could imagine there were several "Bosses" like the one one he was staking out for that night. "Can't believe they left it on that channel though. No wonder they act the way they are if that's the kind of mess their always pouring into their heads, ya?"

Neko noticed immediately that Marc didn't notice her half purposeful and half accidental flirting. That felt... kind of like a dull stab, but deep down she knew she had no business, so she deserved it. She'd deserve what Carol would do to her too, if she pressed on. But honestly she wasn't actually trying... it was more of a natural happening, which wasn't an often occurrence for her, but somehow Marc was so much interesting than most men she met. Initial attractions happened and escalated so quickly. She guessed this was how most people ended up giving themselves up on the first night and never seeing that "love at first sight" again. Lucky for her, Marc wasn't too receptive in that regard, and while part of her was glad, the devious woman in her wanted him to notice and respond. Pfft, please Neko like you'd ev-

A sharp pain screamed in Neko's head, interrupting her thoughts and causing her to wince, and touch her temple. No not a pain, but an intense stimuli of some sort hit her mind, and her eyes briefly flashed of technological complexity. She turned her head as if listening. "Something's not right." Her eyes darted to the left and right watching students and faculty walking up and down the steps leading to the science building. She spun and looked to the road. Suited pedestrians, headphone wearing skateboarders, women pushing strollers. "I've... there's a, a SoI... uh... Signal of Interest in the area. Starktech I think, but reprobate, rogue, and volatile... Very, very familiar..." She turned again, eyes moving almost frenetically now, a circuitry etching in her irises as she tried to concentrate. She gasped quiet and sharp. "Extremis. That can't be I... I had the last samples. Unless Stark... Look, Extremis is easily reproduced by someone with high level of biomechanical knowledge... usually someone whose worked with it before. Myself, or Stark, maybe Maya... but its unstable, and outside me or Stark's hands, it's a bomb waiting to explode. A big one." She was on the move now, in the parking lot, but without a particular direction to travel. She looked from left to right, a woman talking on her Samsung Galaxy at a bench, a business man texting on his iPhone as he trekked at a brisk pace with his head down, teen's laughing and swiping their smartphone screens, playing some game by Rovio.

"It's a phone." she concluded. "But there's too many signals to..." Her brows were knit together now, a light coat of sweat on her forehead. Finally she turned to Marc. "I can't find it. We are going to have to evacuate the area."
Posted Image
[/align]
Current:
So, I Read Your File

Trivia:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Manhattan · Next Topic »
Add Reply