Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Marvel: A New Dawn. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A Certain Place and Time; Open
Topic Started: Nov 22 2014, 12:36 AM (392 Views)
Facedancer
Member Avatar

S.H.I.E.L.D.
Edwin hadn't really spent much time in Brooklyn over his lifetime. Then again, the fact that there were so few supervillains who had the guts to attack Coney Island had helped that. And there was also the fact that most of the Jewish superheroes he knew - himself, Magneto, Pietro, Wanda, Lorna, and Kitty Pryde - were not by any means Orthodox. So while he definitely supported the vibrant and important Jewish culture in New York, he hadn't come to the land of the frum in the recent past. But there were certain things that brought him back. He usually went to Katz's or Shimmel's down on the Lower East Side - convenient walking distance from the X-Factor office. But today was a day for the motherland.

So here he was in front of a rather shabby-looking place (on the outside; inside it was clean and mostly modern). Inside, men sat eating and reading. A few played Scrabble or chess with friends, and generally they ignored the outside world for the little while they could grab to be here. Ed had changed his appearance to a suit, and it occurred to him that he'd be the only man in there not to wear a yarmulke; but he really didn't much care.

This was, hopefully, going to be a decent day. He'd even brought a book with him. Borscht, a knish, and a tongue sandwich on hand-baked rye, with a Cel-Ray to drink. Who could ask for better?

He walked into the place, not concerned about whether anyone had followed him or not.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Moon Knight
Member Avatar

Avengers
Before his last breakdown the man standing in the finely tailored suit, standing outside speaking to the alderman would have been known as Stephen Grant. Wealthy venture capitalist, real estate developer, and stock marker trader. A man with pockets that ran very deep and a secret identity. Three of them to be exact, Stephen Grant, Jack Lockley, Marc Spectre aka the Moon Knight. However a mental meltdown and recuperative stay in Wakanda and Egypt changed all that. That mental break had come at the beginning of the registration act, and had caused him to miss the New York invasion, though it had to fortunate side effect of keeping his identity secret from the public at large.

Stephen Grant and Jack Lockley where all gone. Now there was only Marc Spectre, a single man with a single identity and a single secret. His time away, back where it had all started for him, had taught him that he was not insane, maddened with multiple personalities, but rather a man whose mind was colonized by the Moon God Khonshu. His mood changes mere by products of a god with four distinct aspects. Like phases of the moon, the Pathfinder, Embracer, Defender and Watcher of Overnight Travelers.

A single man, chosen by a god to be its Avatar on earth. Marc Spectre was now a man with a purpose. His past personalities merged into one man with very deep pockets. He was all things that his various personalities used to be, and today he was that venture capitalist and real estate developer.

The bell over the door tolled as Marc Spectre, clad in a finely tailored black suit, strolled in with the districts Alderman. "A few coats of paint, some masonry work and we'll have this neighborhood looking brand new." He said as he shook the Alderman's hand. "Though I am still set on beginning with the playground first. I'll have my people draft the prospectus and get it to you before the next counsel meeting." With a shake of the man's hand, Marc turned to head towards the counter to make an order. His eyes catching sight of Edwin Goldman.

SHIELD and the Avengers often times ran in tight circles. Their jobs and missions overlapping from time to time. Previously due to the spycraft of Nick Fury, feeding each side just enough intel to get them where he wanted them to be. Though neither side was foolish about it and kept tabs on the other. So while it was not unnatural for Marc to recognize Edwin from various bits of information the Avengers had on SHIELD, it was probably not a stretch of the imagination for Marc to assume that Edwin may in fact know his secret identity as well. As safe as it was from the public, the Avengers knew of his identity and therefore likely that SHIELD did to, especially with the liaisons that the Avengers had with SHIELD. The only important thing to Marc was that his identity did not become public knowledge.

After ordering up a few Danish and a cup of herbal tea, Marc made his way towards Edwin's table and sat his tea cup down, and offered his hand. "Marc Spectre, may I join you?" He simply said as he waited to see if his hand would be shaken or not. It was hard to tell with this career SHIELD types. You never knew if they were on business or pleasure. Though why on Earth they'd be staking out at this shop was beyond Marc, making it safe to assume pleasure and not business.
[align=center]Moon Knight Bio[/align][align=center][Posted Image[/align]
[align=center]Sig made by Technoid[/align]

Threads
Smugglers Run -- Bow Down! -- A Man Among the Myths--Soaking Up the Sun

Facedancer
Member Avatar

S.H.I.E.L.D.
Edwin looked up and shook the man's hand. He recognized the man's file photo - as one of the people he should avoid having a jurisdictional mess with. Then again, that was back in the days of the old MTF. He'd gone to Wakanda according to people at Storm's wedding, but that was the last that Edwin cared to know about him. Heck, Ed really didn't even care that much. But he figured the lunatic heroes oughtta stick together.

He smiled. "Ed Goldman. Of course you can, Mr. Spectre. Pull up a chair, I'm sure the waitress will be here in a second."

So now there were two goyim here. As he quickly glanced around, Ed wondered if any of the men here were Mossad agents, eager to listen in to an Avenger and a known hero talk shop. His return to SHIELD was not publicly known yet, but it would be presumed since he had been a SHIELD agent prior to the collapse, and seen the writing on the wall. Then again, the fact that even after tangling with HAMMER, he still wasn't by any means poor could be a good reason for Spectre to track him down.

He spoke calmly as he took a drink from his soda. "I suggest the tongue sandwich. They do it well here."

Light conversation. They didn't know each other, really - and they were both off-duty.
Posted Image

Moon Knight
Member Avatar

Avengers
One could never really tell what was really going through a SHIELD agents mind. Didn't matter if they were former SHIELD or currently active. They had all gotten the same kind of training and had the same kind of experience. An experience that always kept them calm and, and in a sense, stoic in reaction and expression. Something that Marc could respect and attest to its value. Every battle is always lost by the first person to show emotion or lose their cool. Which is why Marc spent hours training on his focus and remaining calm.

"They do a lot of things well here. This whole neighbor in fact." He simply said before taking a sip from his tea and seating himself across from Ed. "Which is why I'm looking to engage in a revitalization project for the neighborhood. Get it back in shape prosperous." This neighborhood would be one of several that he was working on revitalizing. The benefits of bounding from roof top to roof top late at night was the ability to scout out those areas in need of an influx of capital to bolster the economy.

Development being just another one of his tactics to fight off the criminal element. Though such a venture often times lured out the other types of criminals. The white collar crooks with their ponzi schemes and insurance scams. The world seemed to never be without a supply of criminals needing dealt with. Perhaps a part of some grand universal balance.

Threads

Facedancer
Member Avatar

S.H.I.E.L.D.
Edwin's reaction was rather quick, and given that people knew how much he had poured into Mutant Town - his very soul, really - it would probably be a bit surprising to Spectre. He looked up, put down the soda, and spoke calmly. It became clear that while he was willing to be reasonable, he had a very specific outlook on the situation. His voice was soft to keep the conversation between them, but there was no shame in what he said. "Then tell the frummers that. They can support these businesses, and who-knows-how-many tax-free temples - many from their own homes mind you, Touro College, the Rabbinical School, whatever-have-you... believe me, these are not the impoverished Jews of yesteryear, Mr. Spectre. They have the means to make the repairs and renovations if they cared to - instead, they want this to be the eruv, and keep it looking like it did when the first generation came here and settled. 'Here we thrive' and all that rot. If they cared enough to have this old neighborhood redone, it would be. I'm sure you've seen many neighborhoods in worse shape than these."

There was no one more anti-Semitic than a reformed Jew, especially one who'd had enough of hearing how much less a man he was for not wearing a little black piece of felt and eating bacon cheeseburgers. But at the same time, his comments had some truth to them - as much as they were a bit reactionary, there was more a tone of disappointment in his voice than ire. He believed in people - there was still a hero here; regardless of the 'super' bit. But he disliked people who refused to help themselves and expected others to do for them.

Now he let the mask slip just a bit. "Hell, there are buildings in the South Bronx that still have water-towers on the roof. Gotta hang on for dear life if some fool you're chasing decides to be a putz and open the release valve, y'know? Those buildings are hazards - day and night."

He smirked and shrugged before his expression became neutral again. "Then again, sloped roofs in general are starting to get to be unsafe in this weather. I hope you're all stocking pitons this year. Last thing I need to hear about is one of us chasing, like, Batroc or Unus, making a jump, slipping and cracking his skull open on the pavement."
Posted Image

Moon Knight
Member Avatar

Avengers
Marc nodded as Edwin spoke. It was a solid argument as many of the inhabitants of this neighborhood had the means to place a few coats of paint here and their. the skill to repair cracks in the foundation or tears in the fabric over hangs. Though this was not about what these people had the ability to do or the inclination to do, but more what he had the will and determination to do himself for a much greater purpose. That being keeping the Moon Knight funded while making neighborhoods safer both from above and from street level.

"There are quite a bit of neighborhoods in dire need of revitalization, and this certainly is not the only neighbor that I am active in." He said before a sip of his tea. Sitting the cup down and leaning back, placing his right knee on top of his left and folding his hand upon the table. "If they do not wish to assist in that revitalization they are quite welcome to stay at home. It's not like I'm gonna paint their store fronts. Though I do intend to buy up the abandoned few and put them to good use."

A slight shrug crossed his shoulders as he sat there and pondered on the rest of Edwin's opinion. A eluding to the night time activities of the hero types, perhaps an eluding to his own night time antics. "The water towers are handy in times. Seen many people use them to deal with certain rogue types." He said with a shrug, knowing that the towers could be handy when dealing with some of the various villain types. "As for the roofs, guess people are just going to have to learn to look before they leap, and know their ever changing landscape. After all, we can't always control what repairs are made and how."

Threads

Facedancer
Member Avatar

S.H.I.E.L.D.
Edwin nodded at Marc lightly, thinking. "It would be an interesting investment, certainly. Buy up the small number of unused lots. Turn them around; try to bring goyim here. There'll be a backlash, but if they have half an ounce of sense, who knows, it might just make these people wake up and look at the world around them."

He shrugged and finished the soda, thinking for a moment. After a moment's silence, he spoke, quietly. "Yeah. It'd be hypocritical of me to suggest that having teenagers out there fighting and risking their necks is a bad thing, though. Even though I know it is."

He looked Marc in the eye briefly, and pulled out a simple business card with his name and cellphone number over the words "Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.". "Stay in touch. Either about this..." He gestured casually to indicate the neighborhood around them. "or if you need backup in the field."
Posted Image

Moon Knight
Member Avatar

Avengers
"Have a little faith Mr. Goldman, they will adapt. And who knows maybe they'll use the opportunity to expand their own business venture." He said with a shrug. Either the inhabitants of this neighborhood would expand into the newly renovated spaces, or other business would trickle in. Either was the end result was a neighborhood rejuvenated.

Marc nodded as Edwin mentioned the younger generation of hero and villain that was calling the night life their home. "Hypocritical of us both, but you and I understand, give a teenager a Ferrari and they're gonna drive it fast regardless." Marc shrugged a bit as he spoke and took a bit from his danish. "The wiser generation just needs to make sure they remind them to slow down from time to time, before they wrap that fast car around a telephone pole."

The business card was slid across the table and Marc just simply looked at it and grinned. Suspiscions confirmed, the one time SHIELD agent was getting back into the business of old. Marc could not blame him, after every mental meltdown he always returned to the business of Moon Knight, even though it was the business of Moon Knight that drove him mad in the first place. "Our paths will cross. It's an inevitability and the offer goes both ways. Mi safehouse su safehouse, and all that jazz." He said as he placed his own business card on the table and pocketed the other.

Threads

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Brooklyn · Next Topic »
Add Reply