Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Yankee Zone. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
  • 1
  • 2
Please get me Burnett...PL"EASE!
Topic Started: Jul 28 2008, 04:12 PM (214 Views)
Strider
Member Avatar
Legend
VC_Moderator
What's with the board-wide A.J. Burnett erection? He's been what he has been his whole career - a talented underachiever. He's what, 32 now? His ERA is in the high 4s and he hasn't done anything special with Toronto. You guys are plotting out potential 3-year deals for him.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
HomieYank
Member Avatar

Members
Strider
Jul 28 2008, 07:53 PM
What's with the board-wide A.J. Burnett erection? He's been what he has been his whole career - a talented underachiever. He's what, 32 now? His ERA is in the high 4s and he hasn't done anything special with Toronto. You guys are plotting out potential 3-year deals for him.

Despite not exactly being durable, he's pitched pretty well the 4 years prior to this one.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Mattingly23
Member Avatar

Moderator
Quote:
 
Ricciardi says Burnett is staying put in Toronto

Associated Press

Updated: July 28, 2008, 7:01 PM ET


TORONTO -- Pitcher A.J. Burnett will be sticking with the Toronto Blue Jays.

Asked whether the Blue Jays would deal Burnett before Thursday's trade deadline, general manager J.P. Ricciardi was emphatic.

"He's not going anywhere," Ricciardi said before Burnett pitched Monday against Tampa Bay.

Burnett is in the third year of a five-year, $55 million contract. He can opt out of the deal after this season.

Burnett took an 11-9 record and 4.73 ERA into his start against the Rays. The righty won a career-high 12 games with Florida in 2002 and matched that total in 2005.

Toronto was 8½ games behind AL East-leading Tampa Bay going into the start of the series.

Also Monday, the Blue Jays purchased the contract of right-hander Scott Richmond from Triple-A Syracuse and placed left-hander Brian Tallet (broken toe) on the 15-day disabled list. Richmond will start against Tampa Bay on Wednesday with left-hander John Parrish moving to the bullpen after going 1-0 with a 4.71 ERA in four starts.

Tallet, 0-1 with a 3.03 ERA in 37 games, was injured when he stubbed his toe while walking through his darkened apartment one night last week.

To make room for Richmond on the 40-man roster, the Blue Jays transferred second baseman Aaron Hill to the 60-day disabled list. Hill has not played since colliding with teammate David Eckstein on May 29 and there is no timetable for his return. Ricciardi conceded that Hill's season may be over.

"You never want to say never, but right now it's not looking good," Ricciardi said.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · New York Yankees · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:
  • 1
  • 2

Member Legend
Administrator | Moderator | Member | Validating | Banned

Please Visit Our Affiliates





Title banner © 2007 by Venom of The Yankee Zone.
All Rights Reserved.
edge created by tiptopolive of ifsz