Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The Yankee Zone. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Cardinals to host BoSox next season
Topic Started: Nov 10 2004, 01:37 PM (65 Views)
amit
Member Avatar
Lizard King
Administrator
Quote:
 
ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Cardinals will get another shot at the Boston Red Sox next season.

After sweeping St. Louis in the World Series last month, the Red Sox will make their first regular-season visit to Busch Stadium from June 6-8, 2005. Both teams probably will look a lot different.

Coming off the club's first title in 86 years, 16 Boston players filed for free agency, including stars such as Pedro Martinez, Derek Lowe, Jason Varitek and Orlando Cabrera. Nine Cardinals will test the open market, including Matt Morris, Woody Williams, Edgar Renteria, Mike Matheny and Tony Womack.

The Cardinals plan to move into a new ballpark in 2006, making next year their 40th and final season at Busch Stadium. After the Boston series, they host the Yankees for three games in another interleague matchup June 10-12. That will be New York's first trip to St. Louis since the 1964 World Series, won by the Cardinals in seven games.

"We've been presented with one of the most attractive home schedules in the team's history," Cardinals senior vice president of sales and marketing Dan Farrell said Tuesday.

St. Louis' last regular-season home game at the current Busch Stadium will be Oct. 2 against the Cincinnati Reds. The new Busch Stadium is being built adjacent to the current ballpark.


CBS article
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
TheOne
Member Avatar
I'm still better than you!
Members
great!!! :serious:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Yanks473
Member Avatar
And the Band played on......
VC_Moderator
I can hardly contain the excitement. Maybe the Cards will have a pulse this time.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
BostonBoy17
Member Avatar
City of Champions
Boston  Fans
Yanks473
Nov 10 2004, 05:02 PM
I can hardly contain the excitement. Maybe the Cards will have a pulse this time.

My World Champion Red Sox will take 2 of 3 :D :smirk: :peace:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
YankeeBaseball
Member Avatar

VC_Members
amit
Nov 10 2004, 12:37 PM
Quote:
 
ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Cardinals will get another shot at the Boston Red Sox next season.

After sweeping St. Louis in the World Series last month, the Red Sox will make their first regular-season visit to Busch Stadium from June 6-8, 2005. Both teams probably will look a lot different.

Coming off the club's first title in 86 years, 16 Boston players filed for free agency, including stars such as Pedro Martinez, Derek Lowe, Jason Varitek and Orlando Cabrera. Nine Cardinals will test the open market, including Matt Morris, Woody Williams, Edgar Renteria, Mike Matheny and Tony Womack.

The Cardinals plan to move into a new ballpark in 2006, making next year their 40th and final season at Busch Stadium. After the Boston series, they host the Yankees for three games in another interleague matchup June 10-12. That will be New York's first trip to St. Louis since the 1964 World Series, won by the Cardinals in seven games.

"We've been presented with one of the most attractive home schedules in the team's history," Cardinals senior vice president of sales and marketing Dan Farrell said Tuesday.

St. Louis' last regular-season home game at the current Busch Stadium will be Oct. 2 against the Cincinnati Reds. The new Busch Stadium is being built adjacent to the current ballpark.


CBS article

Both teams probably will look a lot different.

Coming off the club's first title in 86 years, 16 Boston players filed for free agency, including stars such as Pedro Martinez, Derek Lowe, Jason Varitek and Orlando Cabrera.



If they resign Veritek and sign Pavano plus fill in the holes with adequate replacements, they'll be even better next year. Don't underestimate the Saux. ;)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
BeanBoy
Member Avatar
Matt Stairs
Boston Fans
BostonSports15
Nov 10 2004, 05:37 PM
Yanks473
Nov 10 2004, 05:02 PM
I can hardly contain the excitement. Maybe the Cards will have a pulse this time.

My World Champion Red Sox will take 2 of 3 :D :smirk: :peace:

wow what an early prediction :serious:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · MLB Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Member Legend
Administrator | Moderator | Member | Validating | Banned

Please Visit Our Affiliates





Title banner © 2007 by Venom of The Yankee Zone.
All Rights Reserved.
edge created by tiptopolive of ifsz