Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Mp2d. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
RESOLVED: Broken Images; Working on it... [RESOLVED]
Topic Started: Feb 3 2017, 05:17 PM (422 Views)
Troid92
Member Avatar
Music God / Temp Admin
Admin
Hey all,

After the great spamming crisis of Fall 2016, which took me hours and hours and hours to clean up, I've been checking back here once a week since November just to make sure everything's okay. And this week... everything is *not* okay as all the images are replaced with big "Photo not found" boxes. :sweat:

It seems like there's a bug in my Photobucket account. They didn't delete my account or anything, but the website is totally broken when I log in and only half-loads my albums. I contacted support and hopefully we can resolve this. Otherwise I'll have to spend an hour this weekend moving to a different image hosting service for this forum's buttons and styling. Everything is of course backed up in at least 5 places around the world. You know me.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
- Troid92
Posted Image
MIDI-maker / Fangame Programmer
Yay red text.

Candy Man Criminal
Member Avatar
Metroid Prime
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
EVERYTHING IS CATS
Timmeh

troid is jesus on stilts

Candy Man Criminal
Member Avatar
Metroid Prime
this is a CAT-astrophe
Timmeh

troid is jesus on stilts

Troid92
Member Avatar
Music God / Temp Admin
Admin
Alright, Photobucket still hasn't gotten back to me about my account. They didn't even delete it or suspend it -- it's just... half-broken and glitchy inside. O_o

So anyway I re-uploaded all the board images to imgur. So they'll be there until imgur deletes them in ten years. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I'll keep my sig and avatar the way they are for now, lol. We'll see what happens.
Posted Image
Yay red text.

Troid92
Member Avatar
Music God / Temp Admin
Admin
For those who are curious, the final result is that I was struck by digital lightning:

Posted Image

When I get a chance down the road I'll be swapping out all my image URLs for new ones, wherever they're needed. Probably starting with my signature and avatar on this website.

I'll keep using Photobucket because they handled this really well, but this is just a nice reminder that all the clouds and online services we use, like everything else in life, could vanish at any moment.

~Troid92
Posted Image
Yay red text.

Candy Man Criminal
Member Avatar
Metroid Prime
reasons i now keep like 4 backups
Timmeh

troid is jesus on stilts

« Previous Topic · Announcements, Rules and Regulations · Next Topic »