Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Mp2d. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
A new engine and proposition; "A new challenger approaches..."
Topic Started: Jul 6 2015, 10:06 PM (2,107 Views)
AlexR
Zoomer
[ * ]
Where the shit has DeProgrammer been

DeProgrammer
Member Avatar
Elite Pirate
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Mostly places--you know, doing things. (For example)
Posted Image
Signature by Rewrite.
My talent comes from deep within...like vomit!

The Illustrative Man
Member Avatar
Architect of the Future
Admin
Holy blast from the past.

DeP, you still have that pillow-shading program you made like 8 years ago? That was something we were looking at using for lighting accents if we continue with Unreal Engine.

Antidote
Member Avatar
War Wasp
[ *  *  * ]
If you guys decide to go further with the project, I have a great resource for you, Though it requires a game ISO and ~4 hours depending on your hardware.

But I've been developing a tool with a friend that extracts every asset in the Metroid Prime series, including animations and levels. What it does is send the data over to Blender which assembles the model/rig/animation with materials that are an extremely close approximation.

Posted Image

Check it out here: https://github.com/AxioDL/urde/releases

It's definitely an early prototype so bare that in mind.
Posted Image
^^ lol Link on a Metroid forum =P

Pomegranate
Member Avatar
Prime Essence
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sounds awesome. I think there was a similar tool floating around, but it was just a model viewer and didn't extract anything or convert it to formats that modeling software can use. That's good news. It could be really helpful.

One Star Paradox
Zoomer
[ * ]
Hi guys. I've been following this project since I first came across it on samus.co.uk back in 2006/early 2007. I'll be checking on this like I have been and I have faith that you will get this done someday. Good luck everyone.

Pomegranate
Member Avatar
Prime Essence
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks and welcome to the forums.

« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply