Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Mp2d. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Quality Laptop Manufacturers?
Topic Started: May 26 2012, 03:19 AM (285 Views)
Pomegranate
Member Avatar
Prime Essence
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I come humbly to you seeking advice about laptop manufacturer brands. I am interested in:
1] Gaming capability, and
2] Quality/longevity.

I would prefer a 15 or 17 inch with full 1920 x 1080 resolution. I would also like to have the opportunity to take the laptop to at least 2 classes in succession (2 hour battery life minimum) to take notes. Price is also a consideration. I would like to keep it close to $1250. As far as the video card, I'm looking for at least a GeForce 650. In addition, I would prefer a model with the new 3rd generation core i processors from Intel.

Which brands do you guys swear by? For reference, the most likely items I'm looking to buy are in the Asus G series (gaming laptops) and MSI's gaming line. The following brands are all under consideration by me, though:

-Lenovo
-MSI
-Sony
-Toshiba
-Asus
-Samsung

Let me know what you guys think.
In particular, these models look enticing:
http://www.msimobile.com/level3_productpag...px?cid=6&id=362
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16834230408

MrGuest
Guestinator the Guestinator
Wanna buy mine? It's not full 1080p, but I can cut you a heluva deal.

Pomegranate
Member Avatar
Prime Essence
Can you PM me specs or post them here? I'm not really interested in a used laptop, but if the deal is good enough I may consider it.

« Previous Topic · General Discussion · Next Topic »
Add Reply