Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Mp2d. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
NetMission Engine; No longer a multiplayer 2-D Metroid game
Topic Started: Feb 11 2005, 02:58 AM (18,252 Views)
Aerthyplomaa
Member Avatar
War Wasp
[ *  *  * ]
Ask someone to rip em. They will.
Nothing. Nothing. Nothing, existence. Nothing.

PrimevalDarkness
Member Avatar
Geemer
[ *  * ]
Can anyone here rip the tiles from Metroid Fusion and/or Metroid Zero Mission? If you could your help would be greatly appreciated.
Metroid: Net Mission - Forum

Metroid: Net Mission - Homepage

Posted Image

Darkblade Shinobi
Member Avatar
Omega Pirate
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Can you really do that much in one day?
If I were to trip, would the result be an explosion or a duck?
Will make plots for food.
Quote:

Time heals all wounds, but what heals time?

PrimevalDarkness
Member Avatar
Geemer
[ *  * ]
I will probably just get the map system up today, because I have to work later. If I can't get any tiles the maps are going to look pretty bad.

Posted Image

alpha
Member Avatar
Zoomer
[ * ]
this is the best looking fangame i've seen yet!(apart from mp2d of course) I agree that this will take quite a damn while, so, BEST of luck.

edit:no offense, but if you can make this as good as it sounds, on your own, I shall gladly rip my arm out of it's socket and beat myself with it , while bowing down to the fangame's title screen.
I am Alpha. Brother of Samus, former Space pirate Leader. Do not get in my way........
I WILL destroy you

PrimevalDarkness
Member Avatar
Geemer
[ *  * ]
That is the greatest inspiration I will ever behold. Whenever I feel like quiting I'll just remember alpha ripping his arm out of its socket.

Posted Image

alpha
Member Avatar
Zoomer
[ * ]
i've been thinking. i'd much rather rip my leg out of it's socket, cause if i rip out my arm, i won't be able to play this AWESOME game! .......does this inspire you further?
I am Alpha. Brother of Samus, former Space pirate Leader. Do not get in my way........
I WILL destroy you

PrimevalDarkness
Member Avatar
Geemer
[ *  * ]
That makes much more sense. I wouldn't want you to miss out on video games because you didn't have an arm.

Regarding progress:
I opted to not to do jumping and gravity, but instead implemented a stand-alone map editor. It has a few little things that need to be ironed out, but expect to see it tommorow or tuesday.

I will probably include the map editor in the final game, so users can make their own maps. (Read: I suck at designing maps. Could you make some for me?)

Posted Image

Black Ice
Member Avatar
Metroid
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I've designed video game maps since I was 6. Unfortunately I can't help.
Posted Image

Aura
Member Avatar
Metroid
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Black Ice,Feb 13 2005
05:58 PM
I've designed video game maps since I was 6. Unfortunately I can't help.

Same here pretty much. I can draw out maps, but transferring them to a game is kind of hard especially since i'm kind of new to Game Maker. Plus I have no idea what you plan to use to make this game so I can't help much either in that.
Hello China? I have something you may want...that's right ALL the tea.
Posted Image
Insyder Online - An Anime/Gaming Site

PrimevalDarkness
Member Avatar
Geemer
[ *  * ]
Even if you draw out the maps and send them to me, it would still be a big help. I can implement the maps, but actual making them complex and have good secret areas and stuff is where I fail.

Posted Image

Aura
Member Avatar
Metroid
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
PrimevalDarkness,Feb 14 2005
06:35 AM
Even if you draw out the maps and send them to me, it would still be a big help. I can implement the maps, but actual making them complex and have good secret areas and stuff is where I fail.

I'll sketch some during math today then. (Yay for not paying attention in class!)
Hello China? I have something you may want...that's right ALL the tea.
Posted Image
Insyder Online - An Anime/Gaming Site

PrimevalDarkness
Member Avatar
Geemer
[ *  * ]
I need someone to help design a web page and a forum. I also need some tilesets, from Metroid Fusion or Metroid Zero Mission. Any help would be greatly appreciated and will help this game develope much faster. :metroid:

Posted Image

Troid92
Member Avatar
Music God / Temp Admin
Admin
PrimevalDarkness,Feb 14 2005
11:32 PM
I need someone to help design a web page and a forum. I also need some tilesets, from Metroid Fusion or Metroid Zero Mission. Any help would be greatly appreciated and will help this game develope much faster. :metroid:

I'm pretty good with HTML and javascript for a website. And I can probably get Smudge to make some great graphics for you. (check out his website!)
And if you want forums, just use InvisionFree. :P

I can't help you with the tilesets.

Edit:
:metroid: :metroid:
Posted Image
MIDI-maker / Fangame Programmer
Yay red text.

Dazuro
Member Avatar
Jungle Menace
Admin
First off, why no pirate commandos? :o Those are awesome!

And second, Metroid Online is already a game, so make a new name. :P
Posted Image

<DesperadoBlue> its not masturbation if he's your time clone from another dimension

<proth> also elf scrotums are notorious for being leathery and unimaginably strong

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Fangames · Next Topic »
Add Reply