Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Yoshi Lighthouse. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Scheduled Streaming?
Topic Started: Jul 7 2015, 10:58:08 PM (616 Views)
Posted Image Teawater
Who are you calling an old man?

If we were to do live streams of M&L related material... Whether it be the editor, hacks, etc... Who would come join?

(Not saying we will, but would be nice to know who'd be interested, in either case. - Not even sure who's subscribed to this Feedback forum, even.)

(I assume after about 6-12 months of this topic being up, I may have a better idea about this Community.... but I know that I could get more answers elsewhere.)
Edited by Teawater, Jul 7 2015, 11:05:53 PM.
If you ever find an error in any of my reference materials, PLEASE let me know.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Don't mind me, I'm nothing but a spoiler.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Posted Image Xira
Member Avatar

I can't be scheduled. While my late afternoons-evenings are free, things do occur.

Know what would be interesting? Us working on a hack that we stream, while the two other admins who are not currently using the editor talk in a voice chat to the one working on it, just to keep it more interesting (hack can be transferred in stream off times so the ones who didn't work on it last time can next time).
Feedback and suggestions can come from the audience as well.

Posted Image Teawater

Okay then... Although, I'd like to emphasize leniency on the meaning of "scheduling", though...

Yes, that would be interesting, I guess. To do voice chatting in front of an audience scares me... somehow... heheh.... XD If I did do it, I probably would not say much.... (All I can think of is a simple "hi", and even then, I don't know if I can do that!... Well, maybe..? ...eh.... Heh. But with voice messenging, I'd be at least a little more free with... in a way.)

(Would Salanewt even do it? Since I've always felt (from my point of view) that he and I had our limits with this type of personalized stuff... But I also believe that each person is dynamic/changing over the long-term, while still keeping a lot of similarities...)

Off-topic: As for staff group names... Um... That's something that should be up for discussion, however I'm fine with Administrator, myself. Althoough something like Yoshi King could work as well. Maybe.
Edited by Teawater, Jul 8 2015, 04:54:37 AM.

Posted Image Xira
Member Avatar

Hehe, yeah. I guess that would be a big step. I was once as shy as you for sharing my voice (as once recently said).
I think 'push to talk' is always an option though (we could use TeamSpeak instead of Skype... Skype is the only voice chatting program I know that doesn't have this feature).

The more I put my voice out, the more comfortable I got doing it.

Posted Image Teawater

Quote:

The more I put my voice out, the more comfortable I got doing it.
The law of diminishing returns... that be diminishing discomforts in this case.... but the same is true for good things... EX: Play too much Golden Sun and you get diminishing interest... or something. But don't under-estimate that sun, it is pretty "powerful."

I must say, the shyness is also true in real life.... and it's a bit of a long story...
*Story of my past here.* *And notes that I have been able to have conversations on certain conditions.*

*Posted some stuff, but then deleted it because it makes post look long. :P *

Two things:
1. Push-to-talk =
-With Skype, I believe you just toggle your microphone... but then you have to start a call in the first place.
-Can you replay what you said before sending it to make sure it is what you want?
2. If I miss something, do I have a way to rehear what is said without having to ask?
Edited by Teawater, Jul 9 2015, 01:36:12 AM.

Posted Image Salanewt
Member Avatar
Star Yoshi

So like an admin hack or something? That honestly sounds like a neat idea to do in general, even if we don't stream it regularly. Maybe a bi-monthly thing? Bonus if we can get videos on Youtube too.

As for chatting with voice, not sure. I'm generally pretty reluctant to chat with people unless I know them well enough offline as well, but that may change in the future.
Have a nice day!

Oh wow, it's been a while. Um. Hi. I guess I can get back into M&L stuff sooner or later, it really has been ages.

To use a sword, /\ and / again.

Posted Image Teawater

@bi-monthly: Twice a month, or once every other month?
@Having them added to youtube: Might work... I even thought about the possibilities of me adding a video of me talking a little on my youtube...can't say, though? I don't get many views anyway.
Quote:

As for chatting with voice, not sure. I'm generally pretty reluctant to chat with people unless I know them well enough offline as well, but that may change in the future.
I won't even talk on a phone unless an emergency makes me. (I think I might be okay with texting on a mobile phone, though... but I don't even use one to even do that with.)

As far as internet on PC goes....
I know I can do some voice messenging (audio clips), however... Something I probably would not have done year(s) ago. Voice chatting via computer to online people... I'm on the fence... but I do think it is interesting. It would not surprise me if I ever got to the point of being able to do it on a rare occasion... (At least you can mute microphone on PC, either way.) And even after that, I still think I'll be avoiding talking on a phone. :P

But anyway.... There are moments when you think you know who you are, only to turn around and find what changes you've made. (Which is why I can only speak for now... and with the *present* plans of the future.)

@Salanewt: With the voice thing, how do you plan to start? ....
-With voice messenging/audio recordings? (Like me.)
-With voice masking? (I skipped it.)
And then there's another thing... The effect of jumping right in all at once... versus going in slowly... like a swimming pool, and determining if you should use the diving board or not.
--
Off-topic:
I think the q-edit things needs some tinkering.... preferably... remove whatever shows "Saving, please wait...."
Edited by Teawater, Jul 9 2015, 06:20:34 PM.

Jesse
Hatchling
I'd like to watch this stuff. I also do not have any problem with voice chatting

Posted Image Salanewt
Member Avatar
Star Yoshi

Cool, and I have no idea. It might not be a bad idea to plan something for a hack fairly soon and then begin collaborating on it.

The only downside is that the stream could get a tad boring if we mostly do technical stuff on it; it would be a good idea to also play and test as we code.
Have a nice day!

Oh wow, it's been a while. Um. Hi. I guess I can get back into M&L stuff sooner or later, it really has been ages.

To use a sword, /\ and / again.

Hatchling
Sounds interesting. If this would be at a good time for me (I'm European), I'd definitely try to watch.
What is your problem with talking to an audience you don't see? My only problem is that I can't connect my mic to my computer.
It would be even easier if you did it with two or more people, because you're just having conversation with the other people, while the audience is listening.

Posted Image Teawater

Quote:

What is your problem with talking to an audience you don't see?
And to think it'd be easier to talk to someone you can see... Hmm... - And perferably in small groups of 2-4, but sometimes I think I'm over-thinking too much.... of something that barely makes a difference in the end... (Can't really say where I am at... because it's likely variable.) It helps to know of others who are or have dealt with the same issues, though.
However, I think it is mostly tied into experience?/Doing something you are not used to... at least to those who are interested in the thought of doing it at all. (Might even be more complicated than that for some, possibly.)
Like... without practice, it is hard to hit the target... but after a lot of practice, it is as though you can hit it the majority of the time... I think this is the case for most activities.
Anyway, everyone has their own preferences... ...and even some that are selective. (EX: Like those who are bipolar may feel one way, and then a different way later.)
Edited by Teawater, Aug 15 2015, 08:13:02 PM.

Posted Image Xira
Member Avatar

If this would be at a good time for me (I'm European), I'd definitely try to watch.
All admins are in North America.

Posted Image Teawater

Pretty much... Salanewt and I are EST... I think Xiron is 3 hours earlier, and Europe is probably ~5 hours later....
So.... This means that Xiron would have to do it in the morning if we're involving Europeans?

Posted Image Xira
Member Avatar

I play with some Euro people up to about 2 PM or so my time on weekends (though it is probably late night for them. =P) and sometimes I see them at late evenings my time if they are online. So either probably would work.

Posted Image Teawater

Well yeah, morning is mostly a rounding figure...
I suppose it depends on availability.... because remember... people like me do alnighters a lot. (Not every single day, though.)

@Late evenings: Forgot to mention that at that point... Salanewt might not be available that often? (Hard to say...)
Edited by Teawater, Aug 17 2015, 12:19:23 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Feedback · Next Topic »
Add Reply

↓ It's not the truth (or is it?) Come back tomorrow to find out! (Joke.) ↓