Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Yoshi Lighthouse. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Glitch in battle with Popple and Birdo
Topic Started: Jul 1 2013, 04:24:47 PM (1,024 Views)
lookmeandnotouchme
Member Avatar
Hatchling
At this moment, i'm playing superstar saga, against Popple & Birdo. I defeated both, but Popple stay in battle even when i defeated him (but couldn't attack)

Also, in RESULTS SCREEN !!

That's as i made:
1º I burnt Popple with Advaned version of Fire Bros (Instead of RED burn, this "Burn" don't disappear and make more damage):
Spoiler: click to toggle

2º I waited until Birdo put Popple in an egg. The fire make damage, also inside the egg:

3º The Hand don't damage the eggs, so i used just hand against them. Soon or later, the fire will defeat Popple inside the egg:

As can be seen in image, Popple was defeated inside the egg (See the stars)

4º But when all eggs had been destroyed... SURPRISE¡¡ Popple is inside one of them, and haven't a pointer, so cannot be attacked:

5º The battle ends? No problem. Popple, will stay here anyway: :MarioDance:

I have found nothing about this glitch in other places
Posted Image
-Eeeeeeeeyyyyyyy!!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Posted Image Salanewt
Member Avatar
Star Yoshi

Oh yeah, I recall hearing about this glitch a while ago. I think has something to do with the battle/enemy script(s) not removing Popple if he dies in an egg, as he is supposed to be invincible when inside one. He is still dead of course, but his graphics remain due to the lack of an exception for this. If this is the case, then it would be an oversight on the programmers' part.

It should be easy enough to fix as well if I'm right about it; one would have to change the scripting to make it so he can still be removed upon death when in an egg. Either that or make being laid in an egg cure burn/ailments, since Birdo doesn't go berserk either if this glitch is utilized. Either that or you could be to make him immune to burn if you want an easy fix outside of scripting.
Have a nice day!

Oh wow, it's been a while. Um. Hi. I guess I can get back into M&L stuff sooner or later, it really has been ages.

To use a sword, /\ and / again.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Superstar Saga · Next Topic »
Add Reply

↓ It's not the truth (or is it?) Come back tomorrow to find out! (Joke.) ↓