Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Yoshi Lighthouse. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Has anyone ever tried making a soundfont using instruments from M&L: SS?; There's one for M&L: Bowser's Inside Story.
Topic Started: Jun 23 2013, 07:56:16 PM (2,008 Views)
PablosCorner
Member Avatar
Hatchling
It would be interesting to see if it's possible to get the game's instruments and turn it into a SoundFont so people can listen to MIDI's with it.

I think it can work.

:MarioDance:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Posted Image Salanewt
Member Avatar
Star Yoshi

I'm not sure, actually. I recall reading somewhere that Superstar's tracks were extracted properly, so that sort of corrects our previous belief that the game had a custom format and makes an instrument rip likely enough.
Have a nice day!

Oh wow, it's been a while. Um. Hi. I guess I can get back into M&L stuff sooner or later, it really has been ages.

To use a sword, /\ and / again.

plutokrasi
Member Avatar
Hatchling
Hate to bump an old thread but does anyone know where the purported sequence rip might be? I'm very interested in having the sequences myself.

To at least contribute to the original post, an instrument rip has been floating around for awhile. Just in tracker format. A more proper rip that can be made into a soundfont should be possible though.

Posted Image Salanewt
Member Avatar
Star Yoshi

I know that this is an old reply you may never see, but I don't know of any myself. Have you had any luck since your post?
Have a nice day!

Oh wow, it's been a while. Um. Hi. I guess I can get back into M&L stuff sooner or later, it really has been ages.

plutokrasi
Member Avatar
Hatchling
[/i]
Quote:

I know that this is an old reply you may never see, but I don't know of any myself. Have you had any luck since your post?
I've had no luck at all. Current VGMTrans builds load gba roms now but they still only look for sappy formats, and no intention of adding MLSS' specific format seems to be there either.

I'm hoping to have better luck with it soon. There's gotta be someone that's figured that out by now since we have clean rips of the instruments and voice clips.

Posted Image Salanewt
Member Avatar
Star Yoshi

Ouch, but hopefully. I'm sure news of it will pop up here someday at least...

I have an online friend who is pretty good with GBA audio stuff, but I don't think she does much of it anymore. Might hit her up and see if she can help me figure it out later.
Have a nice day!

Guestyguestboy
Unregistered

Does anyone have a link to the Bowser's Inside Story soundfont?
Quote Post Goto Top

Posted ImageYoshiFan
Sup?
I don't think so, because no one around has bothered to rip the sounds from the ROM.

Posted Image Teawater
Who are you calling an old man?

If PIT and BIS are using .sdat, then wouldn't it be the same as with most all other DS ROMs using .sdat? (Isn't there an extractor tool for .sdat files?)

@Superstar Saga audio: Except for /maybe/ Jesse in the Skype Group chat? (If I remember correctly.) But I forget the details on that.... (Probably more in the form of importer/exporter type thing rather than an actual soundfont, but I dunno... I'd have to go look way back in the history.)
Edited by Teawater, May 11 2016, 04:27:53 PM.
If you ever find an error in any of my reference materials, PLEASE let me know.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Don't mind me, I'm nothing but a spoiler.

Zetto1
Hatchling
Hey, uh....well....Yeah, it's been done. sort of. It's REALLY bad, the instruments are of bad quality, it doesn't have all of them, the percussions are invididual samples, and because the game doesn't use the sappy engine it can't be ripped using GBAripper. the only known M&L SS soundfont is this https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6RDTwb4OndTdjItUFhwMUN6VVk/view and I don't think anyone plans on updating it any time soon, because I've been searching and asking for almost 3-5 months now. So, to everyone who wanted the AWESOME and GRAND sounding Superstar saga soundfont....This is all we are getting apparently until someone actually takes the time to rip them correctly.

tj2rad10
Hatchling
I know this is an old thread but I never knew there was a Bowser´s Inisde Story Soundfont. Is their a link?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Superstar Saga · Next Topic »
Add Reply

↓ It's not the truth (or is it?) Come back tomorrow to find out! (Joke.) ↓