Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Yoshi Lighthouse. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Suggestions for the editor
Topic Started: Jan 31 2011, 05:02:03 PM (1,460 Views)
Posted Image Teawater
Who are you calling an old man?

If you have any suggestions on how to make the editor better, post them here.

Ideas about what games the editor could support. (Only ideas, there aren't really any plans for the non-M&L ones yet.)

Superstar Saga
Partners In Time
Bowser's Inside Story
Dream Team
Paper Jam (Game coming in 2016, dunno if can be decrypted..)

Paper Mario series... (Have yet to review current editors available on the web.)
Paper Mario (N64, Wii VC, WiiU VC)
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (GameCube)
Super Paper Mario (Wii)
Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS)

Super Mario RPG (Might be skipped because there's a really god one known as Lazy Shell... But who knows... Could maybe add some compatibility for the same reason you might find an easter egg in a game.)

May be in separate editors...(?)
Golden Sun 1, 2, & 3
Kirby games (Amazing Mirror)
Some others..
Edited by Teawater, Jun 30 2015, 03:51:50 PM.
If you ever find an error in any of my reference materials, PLEASE let me know.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Don't mind me, I'm nothing but a spoiler.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fatdude
Hatchling
I'm no C++ genius, so I don't know if it's possible, but I would like to be able to change the battle music tracks.
Edited by Fatdude, Mar 28 2011, 03:20:43 PM.

Posted Image Teawater

Quote:

I'm no C++ genius, so I don't know if it's possible,
I take it you didn't know this editor was made in Visual Basic?
Quote:

but I would like to be able to change the battle music tracks.
That should be possible to do via HEX Editing...

The easiest way to do this right now is to simply change the pointer of the song itself. (Which is located at 0821CB98 in VBA's Memory Viewer if you are using the (U) version.) You could simply edit this at 0021CB98 in a HEX Editor as well, if you plan to permanently change it.

The list of songs in the song bank is located here: http://s3.zetaboards.com/Lighthouse_of_Yoshi/topic/670160/1/

When you follow the pointer, you can edit the song's notes/timing/etc. (More on that is located at http://s3.zetaboards.com/Lighthouse_of_Yoshi/topic/670035/2/ , though, it may be a bit messy.)

This is the song bank, and you could simply change this pointer to match one of the other pointers here. Everywhere this song is played will play this song.

If you plan to only change the music to specific areas of the game that have the same song you may need to do it a different method. (Most likely by the scripts in the game.) There is no music variable in the battle data of which I know of...

Edited by Teawater, Mar 28 2011, 04:55:28 PM.

Grendor
Hatchling
I'm not sure what the status is on the current editor plans for Bowser's Inside Story, but would it be possible to have a sprite viewer for it as well? I don't really know too much about hacking myself so I can't help too much other than maybe identifying what is what graphic-wise...

Posted Image Teawater

Yes, there will be a Sprites Viewer for BIS eventually. - I've been putting progress on the editor off for a bit, so when I get back to it, I'm sure to work on it some more.
Edited by Teawater, May 29 2012, 09:37:53 PM.

DarkFawful101
Member Avatar
Hatchling
I think there should be a Music Hack option, it would be cool if you could put custom music on the M&L Series. Also, I think the battle editor for Partners in Time and the Bowser's Inside Story editor should be more like Superstar Saga's editor.
Edited by DarkFawful101, Oct 14 2012, 02:02:57 PM.

Posted Image Teawater

@Music: Well, for Superstar Saga, I could make an audio editor for where you edit the notes of songs, but playing the sounds through the editor itself will require more studying. And I guess I'm just not ready for it? As for the DS games, (PIT/BIS) ... Their music data is in .sdat, and from my research from the internet, there are already programs specifically used for .sdat file viewing. (And I wouldn't doubt if they included some form of data editing as well... like file replacing?)

@Battle Editor: Well, we know Superstar Saga has their battle data in a database. But it looks like the DS games do them in pure scripting instead, so unfortunate, one may need to rely on a BAI Script Editor for editing the battle data. How the scripting works in PIT and BIS are somewhat different in some ways, but I imagine they work about the same. PIT arranges their data in 16-bits (But two 16-bits can be used to make a 32-bit.), but BIS can do it with 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit.
Edited by Teawater, Oct 14 2012, 02:55:09 PM.

GUY79
Hatchling
I wonder if its possible to edit the M&LSS sprites to make your own custom sprites :big?:

Posted Image Teawater

With a hex editor/tile editor, sort of, but with Yoshi Magic, no... They are a bit complex, and not all of them display perfectly, so that might not come soon.

@Hex editor/tile editor: Most sprites are compressed, however, some are not.

Posted Image AnybodyAgrees

Can you make it possible to add/edit/remove the locations of Overworld Sprites(Not create custom OW sprites, just move them around.)? Since my hack focuses on glitchy fights, I'll potentially need a lot of enemies.

Also, is it possible to make all battle commands (including Bros. attacks) usable at the start of game?

Normally, you can't defend with a hammer until you've seen the tutorial fight with Sledge and Mallet.

Posted Image Teawater

AnybodyAgrees
Aug 14 2013, 12:52:02 PM
Can you make it possible to add/edit/remove the locations of Overworld Sprites(Not create custom OW sprites, just move them around.)? Since my hack focuses on glitchy fights, I'll potentially need a lot of enemies.

Also, is it possible to make all battle commands (including Bros. attacks) usable at the start of game?

Normally, you can't defend with a hammer until you've seen the tutorial fight with Sledge and Mallet.
I probably can, but I probably won't do it this soon. Sorry. You can still read through some of our documentation in the Superstar Saga forum if you are interested in doing it through a Hex Editor, I think. (Salanewt (goes by Salafrog on Youtube) may even have a tutorial video on youtube.)

Yes, if you set the flags in RAM or use Cheat Codes that do that for you.

Edited by Teawater, Aug 14 2013, 06:49:37 PM.

Aleksa12
Hatchling
is it possible to edit the names of all the places in Beanbean Kingdom? like, change Stardust Fields Beanbean Side to something else? :Idlegreenyoshi:

Jesse
Hatchling
yeah.. Is this still going? isn't there a way to make the object visible on the map editor so that we can move them around?

Posted Image Teawater

I suppose I could code the display of objects in, but one of the reasons why I never did was because I never finished displaying them properly in the Sprite Viewer, if I recall.
Edited by Teawater, Jul 16 2014, 08:12:27 AM.

Yoshi magic fan123
Member Avatar
Hatchling
hi! :MarioDance: I have an idea/ideas for Yoshi magic. :D

first of all, try stopping glitches. for example, sometimes the game will crash if you do certain things with the editor :Yoshidefeated: but, there could be a way to fix this... for example, you could find out what "certain things" do the glitches and try to solve them!

second of all, try to make yoshi magic compatable with other versions of mario and luigi games.

and last, but not least, why not add more choices to PIT and BIS when your editing them?

remember, :Broque: these are just ideas. you dont have to do them.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Yoshi Magic: The M&L Editor · Next Topic »
Add Reply

↓ It's not the truth (or is it?) Come back tomorrow to find out! (Joke.) ↓