Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to CHARLIE'S CHILL. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Bargain Moon Base Could Be Built By 2022
Topic Started: Mar 25 2016, 09:56 PM (132 Views)
BarrowMad
Member Avatar
Meet Paws, Detroit Tigers mascot
Quote:

The Apollo missions cost the equivalent of $170bn in today's prices, but a Moon base could be created for far less.

http://news.sky.com/story/1666395/bargain-moon-base-could-be-built-by-2022
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sinion Kabe
Member Avatar
Pitbull Rank
Lots of people say that the first moon landing was fake. I am 50/50 on the subject and undecided. With that in mind, I would definitely back a moon landing and building a base there would be even better! I think it is about time that NASA or other space agencies land on the moon so they can prove the doubters wrong. Having said that, you will still have people saying the landing was staged :facepalm:

Posted Image
F A Q

P R O M O T E | C C

T H E | B O O K I E S

A F F I L I A T I O N

S T A F F | W A N T E D

C H A R L I E ' S | S C R A P B O O K

Posted Image

Q P R | F C

Greg
Member Avatar
Bargain Pest
Humans, as a species will survive for millions of years on earth. We must population the stars and planets in order to survive, that way, in case of catastrophe, all of our eggs aren't in one basket... So to speak.

Post Targets - 1,000 :: 5,000 :: 10,000

Greg

Slow march to 7,000.

erucher
Member Avatar
Alsatian Rank
i wouldnt want to go there even just to visit so you can count me out. will keep my feet firmly on planet earth thanks!! :worried: :laugh:

Posted Image
Posted Image
[ C H A R L I E ' S | C H I L L | M O V I E S / T V ]
[ C H A R L I E ' S | C H I L L | S C I E N C E / T E C H N O L O G Y / N A T U R E ]

sambonoid
Member Avatar
Foxhound Rank
Could you imagine getting to visit a base on the moon? Looking out of a window and seeing the entire globe spinning before your eyes. How amazing would that be! I think that NASA and the rest should go for it!

Posted Image

Sinion Kabe
Member Avatar
Pitbull Rank
sambonoid
Aug 6 2017, 12:14 PM
Could you imagine getting to visit a base on the moon? Looking out of a window and seeing the entire globe spinning before your eyes. How amazing would that be!
When you put it like that, it does sound pretty amazing! I think I would still prefer an Earth-based holiday though :laugh:

Like, could you imagine looking out the window and seeing an entire meteor go by? :shock: That wouldn't be too exciting lol!

Posted Image
F A Q

P R O M O T E | C C

T H E | B O O K I E S

A F F I L I A T I O N

S T A F F | W A N T E D

C H A R L I E ' S | S C R A P B O O K

Posted Image

Q P R | F C

Greg
Member Avatar
Bargain Pest
This actually, really, gets me so excited. As a species, it means we are no longer subjected to being a one planet species.

Everyone knows natural catastrophes are an actual risk to our species as a whole. "Never keep your eggs in one basket" has never been more true.

Post Targets - 1,000 :: 5,000 :: 10,000

Greg

Slow march to 7,000.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Science, Technology & Nature · Next Topic »
Add Reply