AimGlobalProducts
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Philippines Defense Forces Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
BRP Ramon Alcaraz (PF-16); ex USCGC Dallas (WHEC-716)
Topic Started: Oct 19 2011, 02:36 PM (411,562 Views)
Jim
Trainee
[ *  * ]
If the news is accurate, then our navy will have two ASM systems, the Harpoon and the Teseo (when the Italian ships arrive). The US usually puts a lot of restrictions on the use of equipment they give through aid or through FMS. It might be possible that we are restricted from installing ASMs on the WHECs so as not to anger China, America's No. 1 "economic ally".
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AZKALS
Member Avatar

This article even says the the Ex-Hamiltons will also get the AN/SQS 26 Sonar and Mark 46 torpedoes, too good to be 'TRUE' ... :armycool:

http://www.tribune.net.ph/index.php/nation/item/4011-gazmin-eyes-1m-reservists-hamilton-class-cutters-to-get-harpoon-missile-refits
RETIRED FROM THE 9-5 RAT RACE

Posted Image

Mckoyzzz
Member Avatar
Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
PDFF Mod Group
AZKALS
Sep 9 2012, 03:30 PM
This article even says the the Ex-Hamiltons will also get the AN/SQS 26 Sonar and Mark 46 torpedoes, too good to be 'TRUE' ... :armycool:

http://www.tribune.net.ph/index.php/nation/item/4011-gazmin-eyes-1m-reservists-hamilton-class-cutters-to-get-harpoon-missile-refits
I think the reporter is referring to USCGC Mellon...
Posted Image
"Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong -- Dandemis"

Mckoyzzz
Member Avatar
Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
PDFF Mod Group
What's with all the accompanying advertisement links? Looks like a spammer to me...
Posted Image
"Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong -- Dandemis"

AZKALS
Member Avatar

Mckoyzzz
Sep 9 2012, 04:26 PM
What's with all the accompanying advertisement links? Looks like a spammer to me...
I just reported this new member to the moderator for including SPAM/SOLICITATION messages ... :btt:
Edited by AZKALS, Sep 9 2012, 04:57 PM.
RETIRED FROM THE 9-5 RAT RACE

Posted Image

Goose
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
yep, its the USCGC Mellon that was equipped with the anti-submarine warfare suite, which includes the AN/SQS-26 sonar and Mark 46 torpedoes.

it was just mentioned that the two ships will be fitted with more sophisticated radars capable of detecting and tracking down incoming surface threats and anti-missile and torpedo decoying systems. no specifics yet

seWer Rat
Member Avatar
amateur sewer cleaner

If its true its getting sophisticated radar then it should be newer than the AN/SPS-40.
To avoid criticism, write nothing, say nothing, do nothing, BE NOTHING.

Parastriker
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
seWer Rat
Sep 9 2012, 06:46 PM
If its true its getting sophisticated radar then it should be newer than the AN/SPS-40.
Yes, Italian, I presume...
Success through information, victory through disinformation.

"Good leaders make efficient followers. Great leaders make good followers. But true leaders make leaders out of mere followers."

"Measuring the intelligence of a common internet user is as easy as looking at his/her grammar."

seWer Rat
Member Avatar
amateur sewer cleaner

and also get the latest Harpoon blocks, either II or III
To avoid criticism, write nothing, say nothing, do nothing, BE NOTHING.

Wardog
Member Avatar
'waggin my tail :-)
[ *  *  * ]
The source is an unnamed official which is hardly a guarantee that this will turn out true, not until Alcaraz arrives here with the Harpoons already on deck.

The article says the Harpoon refit will be done in the US. Alcaraz is still in the US so its but practical that the installation be done while the ship is still there.

It will then
Anyone who comes to a counter-insurgency thinking it`s about killing terrorists is missing the boat. It`s really about winning the people. You can kill all the terrorists but then you`ve pissed people off and created 100 more.

-Col. Bradley Becker

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Philippine Navy · Next Topic »
Add Reply