AimGlobalProducts
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Philippines Defense Forces Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
BRP Ramon Alcaraz (PF-16); ex USCGC Dallas (WHEC-716)
Topic Started: Oct 19 2011, 02:36 PM (414,082 Views)
AZKALS
Member Avatar

kalbongdad
May 22 2013, 04:25 PM
the last pic on the PF 16...are those? missile containers? looks like it...
I Think Your Right, but it Might Just be Empty Containers ... :lollol:
RETIRED FROM THE 9-5 RAT RACE

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AZKALS
Member Avatar

PF-16 Getting Underway for Her 3 Days Sea Trials in Charleston S.Carolina ...

Posted Image

(Photo:Adroth@Timawa.Net)
RETIRED FROM THE 9-5 RAT RACE

Posted Image

Parastriker
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
gombaljaya
May 22 2013, 04:53 PM
Mckoyzzz
May 22 2013, 03:39 PM

PF-16
Posted Image

Looks like Anti Ship missile container,..
but sure that is not Harpoon, Exocet MM40, Penguin or Gabriel.
I'm not sure of that. maybe RBS-15, C-805 or Exocet MM38.. :nono: :headbang:

The Harpoon is quite possible, as the ship just came from ship refitting in the States, but the dimension of the missile launcher makes this option improbable; unlike most contemporary launch canisters, Harpoon's launchers are cylindrical.
Success through information, victory through disinformation.

"Good leaders make efficient followers. Great leaders make good followers. But true leaders make leaders out of mere followers."

"Measuring the intelligence of a common internet user is as easy as looking at his/her grammar."

ganymede09
[ *  *  * ]
baka puno ng balikbayan boxes ang loob :lollol: (sorry couldnt help it, btt)
I RAISE MY MIDDLE FINGER TO THE MIDDLE KINGDOM.

matrix
[ *  *  * ]
Off-topic...

Decommissioning and Transfer of USCGC Jarvis to Bangladesh Navy (May 23, 2013)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by matrix, May 24 2013, 05:13 AM.

Uruzu
[ *  *  * ]
deleted
Edited by Uruzu, May 24 2013, 06:35 PM.

Uruzu
[ *  *  * ]

Posted Image

Hm ....an additional surface search radar ?? The existing one already on the pf-15/16 is the AN/SPS-73 2D surface search radar and possibly the AN/SPS-64 navigation radar.

Posted Image

Satcom equipment.

Posted Image[/font]

I've never seen Harpoon containers like these. Besides I'm not even sure these are ASMs . When do you see ASM containers pointing horizontally? If they are really ASMs , the containers looks more like those of RBS-15 lol. [/quote]
Edited by Uruzu, May 24 2013, 06:37 PM.

Parastriker
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Uruzu
May 24 2013, 06:35 PM
Posted Image

Hm ....an additional surface search radar ?? The existing one already on the pf-15/16 is the AN/SPS-73 2D surface search radar and possibly the AN/SPS-64 navigation radar.

Posted Image

Satcom equipment.

Posted Image[/font]

I've never seen Harpoon containers like these. Besides I'm not even sure these are ASMs . When do you see ASM containers pointing horizontally? If they are really ASMs , the containers looks more like those of RBS-15 lol.
[/quote]It could be pointed horizontally, since the launcher could be raised using pistons, then fired.
Success through information, victory through disinformation.

"Good leaders make efficient followers. Great leaders make good followers. But true leaders make leaders out of mere followers."

"Measuring the intelligence of a common internet user is as easy as looking at his/her grammar."

oweng1980
Member Avatar
Recruit
[ * ]
Parastriker
May 23 2013, 09:36 PM
gombaljaya
May 22 2013, 04:53 PM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
PF-16
Posted Image

The Harpoon is quite possible, as the ship just came from ship refitting in the States, but the dimension of the missile launcher makes this option improbable; unlike most contemporary launch canisters, Harpoon's launchers are cylindrical.
Well if its not a Harpoon Missile, if its a RBS-15 its a good anti ship missile as well, i just seen this video and i think its a good choice for the Navy, flexible in all platforms, hope the FA-50 can carry this baby as well :armywink: From the look of the container in the photo and from this video, they have some similarities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnbTO88fffc
Edited by oweng1980, May 24 2013, 10:19 PM.

Santi Kampilan
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
oweng1980
May 24 2013, 10:18 PM
Parastriker
May 23 2013, 09:36 PM

Quoting limited to 2 levels deep
PF-16
Posted Image

Well if its not a Harpoon Missile, if its a RBS-15 its a good anti ship missile as well, i just seen this video and i think its a good choice for the Navy, flexible in all platforms, hope the FA-50 can carry this baby as well :armywink: From the look of the container in the photo and from this video, they have some similarities.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnbTO88fffc
Looks like it will be armed with Harpoons as said in this article.

Article

RP second warship armedwith anti-ship missile system — DND official
Written by Tribune Saturday, 25 May 2013 08:00
The BRP Ramon Alcaraz (PF-16), the country’s second Hamilton-class cutter due to arrive this August, is a far more potent weapon platform than her sister ship, the BRP Gregorio del Pilar (PF-15), a Department of National Defense (DND) official who asked not to be named bared yesterday.
“Her weapons system is heavier and sophisticated than those of the BRP Gregorio del Pilar,” he said.
However, the DND officer declined to specify these weapon systems and stressed that such items cannot be divulged due to matters of national security.
He made this announcement when asked if there is truth to reports that a Harpoon anti-ship missile system was installed as part of BRP Ramon Alcaraz’s armament fit.
At present, the Filipino warship is believed to be carrying a 76mm Oto Melara automatic cannon, two 25 Bushmaster guns and assorted machine guns.
In contrast, the BRP Gregorio del Pilar, which arrived in the country in December 2011, is only armed with the 76mm Oto Melara automatic cannon, making it prudent to install additional 20mm automatic cannons as her secondary weapons.
BRP Ramon Alcaraz is presently carrying out sea trials off the waters of South Carolina in the United States.
She is expected to depart for the Philippines by first week of June.
The ship is “fully mission capable” on her arrival.
Maritime observers said this development speaks well of the PN efforts to modernize and boost its power projection capabilities.
“With the arrival of our Hamilton-class cutters, which are being converted to frigates, the PN has started its first step in developing its blue-water capability or the ability to detect or engage intruders in the high seas,” they said. PNA
Edited by Santi Kampilan, May 25 2013, 02:44 AM.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Philippine Navy · Next Topic »
Add Reply