Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Philippines Defense Forces Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
BRP Ramon Alcaraz (PF-16); ex USCGC Dallas (WHEC-716)
Topic Started: Oct 19 2011, 02:36 PM (369,483 Views)
wily_pest
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Read and weep SteelDustpan.
Edited by wily_pest, Nov 18 2012, 07:41 AM.
Management of many is the same as management of few. It is a matter of organization. Sun Tzu
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

truegrit

kelan ba darating ang PF16 natin...walang definite schedule kasi based sa mga articles released.. January of 2013 ba or bago matapos ang 2012...

AZKALS
Member Avatar

Not till April or May dahil March pa alis ng PF-16 mula sa S.Carolina sabi ng PHI Embassy sa US ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/87095229@N03/8130105444/in/photostream

PHILIPPINE WARSHIP.

The BRP Ramon Alcaraz (PF16) continues to undergo refurbishment and refitting at the United States Coast Guard station in Charleston, South Carolina. The vessel, the second high-endurance cutter the Philippines acquired from the United States, is expected to set sail for Manila in March. (Photo by the Office of the Naval Attache, Philippine Embassy)

RETIRED FROM THE 9-5 RAT RACE

Posted Image

sarry15
Trainee
[ *  * ]
AZKALS
Nov 18 2012, 08:05 AM
Not till April or May dahil March pa alis ng PF-16 mula sa S.Carolina sabi ng PHI Embassy sa US ...

PHILIPPINE WARSHIP.

The BRP Ramon Alcaraz (PF16) continues to undergo refurbishment and refitting at the United States Coast Guard station in Charleston, South Carolina. The vessel, the second high-endurance cutter the Philippines acquired from the United States, is expected to set sail for Manila in March. (Photo by the Office of the Naval Attache, Philippine Embassy)

I wish our embassy could give updates, even pictures, every week.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Parastriker
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
sarry15
Nov 18 2012, 04:15 PM
AZKALS
Nov 18 2012, 08:05 AM

PHILIPPINE WARSHIP.

I wish our embassy could give updates, even pictures, every week.
I do hope too, but so it seems that they are either busy with the environmental crisis that hit America and helping our brothers there or they are restricted by bureaucratic processes and limitations.
Success through information, victory through disinformation.

"Good leaders make efficient followers. Great leaders make good followers. But true leaders make leaders out of mere followers."

"Measuring the intelligence of a common internet user is as easy as looking at his/her grammar."

kalbongdad
Recruit
[ * ]
was at subic last Saturday and saw a Hamilton ship at the dock.....i was not able to verify though if it was Goyo coz i did not see any Philippine Flag... from a distance i saw what i think was a number 16....i thought is it the Alcaraz?......there were a few american navy ships there with their flags save that grey hamilton ship...hmmmm....esep esep....is it opsec? nde naman siguro....
Edited by kalbongdad, Nov 19 2012, 01:08 PM.

seWer Rat
Member Avatar
amateur sewer cleaner

PF-16 will arrive when it arrives. I don't its that much helpful to our security if the embassy updates with pictures every week.
To avoid criticism, write nothing, say nothing, do nothing, BE NOTHING.

sarry15
Trainee
[ *  * ]
seWer Rat
Nov 19 2012, 03:10 PM
PF-16 will arrive when it arrives. I don't its that much helpful to our security if the embassy updates with pictures every week.
@seWer, in my opinion there are certain pics that are for OPSEC but there are also pics for the Gen. Public... this MAY help in boosting the moral of our Navy Men and MAY help in getting the support that our Navy is asking from our nation... " We are a maritime nation... Support the Navy"
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

seWer Rat
Member Avatar
amateur sewer cleaner

I don't think the morale of navy men will improve further just by looking at pictures. They already know the ship is coming and some of their colleagues are already stateside and on board the ship undergoing training and familiarization.
To avoid criticism, write nothing, say nothing, do nothing, BE NOTHING.

AZKALS
Member Avatar

sarry15
Nov 19 2012, 04:09 PM
seWer Rat
Nov 19 2012, 03:10 PM
@seWer, in my opinion there are certain pics that are for OPSEC but there are also pics for the Gen. Public... this MAY help in boosting the moral of our Navy Men and MAY help in getting the support that our Navy is asking from our nation... " We are a maritime nation... Support the Navy"
I Agree with sarry15 opinion but the problem is the PHI Embassy does not have a consulate office in S.Carolina which means someone has to travel down south from Washington perhaps 1X month which is hours away by land ...
Edited by AZKALS, Nov 19 2012, 04:43 PM.
RETIRED FROM THE 9-5 RAT RACE

Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Philippine Navy · Next Topic »
Add Reply