Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Philippines Defense Forces Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Military defends Arroyo allies linked to coup plot; Destabilization Plot
Topic Started: Oct 27 2011, 02:49 PM (421 Views)
vjnorz
Member Avatar
Member
[ *  *  * ]
Military defends Arroyo allies linked to coup plot
Posted Image
Published : Thursday, October 27, 2011 00:00
Article Views : 160
Written by : William B. Depasupil with Report From Llanesca T. Panti

Political enemies of President Benigno Aquino 3rd are not necessarily enemies of the military.

The distinction drawn, the Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) on Wednesday went on to describe as baseless Malacañang’s accusation that allies of the former Arroyo administration were behind an alleged coup plot against President Benigno Aquino 3rd.
Maj. Gen. Francisco Cruz, the AFP deputy of staff for intelligence, came up with the description in reaction to Palace deputy spokesman Abigail Valte and retired general and now Customs Deputy Commissioner for Intelligence Danilo Lim earlier confirming reports on the alleged bid to overthrow President Aquino.

“That [involvement of the Arroyo allies] is untrue, (has) no basis, (is) propaganda,” Cruz said. “I don’t know what’s their basis but on the ground” nobody is linking supporters of former President Gloria Arroyo to the alleged coup attempt.

According to Cruz, the leadership of the Philippine Army, the mother unit of the 19 officers and soldiers who were killed in Al-Barka, Basilan, last week during an ambush by Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) rebels, has assured that there was no demoralization within the ranks.

The alleged demoralization in the military was said to have been sparked by failure of the President to act immediately on the death of the 19 soldiers and on succeeding ambuscades in Payao town, Zamboanga Sibugay province and Datu Naga Dimaporo in Lanao del Norte province that resulted in the killing of 14 more soldiers and policemen.

Cruz said that calls for loyalty check in the military are unnecessary because the AFP is a professional organization and the tragic incidents were hazards of the military profession.

“It’s not only in the Philippines, it’s all over the world. That’s the experience of the Armed Forces, but mind you there is no such thing as demoralization. It’s a fabrication, it’s a product of imagination of somebody who likes this government to go down,” he added.

In fact, the AFP chief of staff, Gen. Eduardo Oban also on Wednesday said that morale is “high” among troops deployed in troubled areas of Mindanao.

“No, no [there will be no destabilization]. That’s among the discussions we had also yesterday.

I’d like to tell you that morale is high. I was assured by the commanders on the ground that everybody in the area both in Westmincom [West Mindanao Command] and Eastmincom [East Mindanao Command] are really after the successful operation,” Oban claimed.

Article
Posted Image
I wish to show those who deny us patriotism that we know how to die for our country and convictions.
(Jose Rizal)
Rizal Quotes
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
asianobserve
Member
[ *  *  * ]
Danny Lim accusing some officers of plotting a coup? Look who's talking!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · General Military and Law Enforcement · Next Topic »
Add Reply