Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Philippines Defense Forces Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
19 soldiers killed by MILF in Basilan clash
Topic Started: Oct 18 2011, 11:06 PM (9,603 Views)
truegrit


I suggests that the AFP should conduct a Brigade size Operation to sweep that area of MILF and Armed groups since MILF has no business to be there. Brigade size troops will be compose of battalion size troops from different Infantry Military branch like Marines, Army, Scout Ranger and Elite Forces with backup Air-support of MG520 Gunships, Huey and OV-10 COIN..

Our Military exists to ensure the Peace and Order in our country and Operation such as this would see to it that the place that are out of MILF Temporary Safe Area should be SWEEP Clean...

I think that MILF are slowly creeping back or expanding their so-called territories by employing their relatives who are sympathizers to occupy places or areas.

Now looks like the MILF has increase its MORALE that they can do harm to the AFP Military Forces..
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
flipzi
Member Avatar
R-A-T-S

Quote:
 
All soldiers who fought in Albarka in Basilan on Tuesday are accounted for. Private First Class Michael Natividad, the last survivor of the encounter the military and the Moro Islamic Liberation Front (MILF) is now in Camp Navarro Hospital inside the Western Mindanao Command.

Even as they have been wounded and are still recovering, the surviving soldiers still want to return to... the battlefield.

Natividad is still obviously tired from almost three days of hiding and trying to escape from the encounter site in Albarka.

He related how he and Lt. Jose Delfin Khe got separated from the rest of the troops at the height of the firefight. At the time, he said Khe was already fighting for his life as he sustained gunshot wounds in the thigh and chest. Before he died, he only had one instruction for Natividad: “Pag malapit na sila, tumakbo ka na (When they come close, just run).”

Natividad said the MILF fighters were able to come very close to them because as the firefight went on, they had to fight off more MILF members while their ammunition was being used up fast.

And in his escape in search of his mother unit, he stayed away from civilians and moved only at night, hiding during day time.

“Iniisip ko mga kasama ko...sana ligtas sila (I thought of my comrades…I wished they were safe),” Natividad said.

Earlier this morning, he reached the river and swam until a passing fishing boat saw him.

“Lumangoy ako mula 6 hanggang 9:30…laking pasalamat ko na mabait yung mangingisda na nakakita sa akin (I swam from 6 to 9:30…I was super grateful to the good fisherman who saw me),” he said.

The fisherman took Natividad to the nearest detachment of the Special Forces in Albarka. He was then airlifted by a helicopter to the Camp Navarro Hospital for the shrapnel wounds he sustained on his legs, face, and back.

Natividad is a Scout Ranger, and part of the military scuba diving course class 42. He was on a test mission in Albarka. He said this was his first encounter as a soldier, in his first day in Basilan.

But even as he is still recovering from his wounds, he does not hesitate to say that he would return to Albarka.

“Kung yun po ang order (If that is the order),” he said.

This is a sentiment shared his fellow survivors.

“I will return to avenge the death of my fellow soldiers,” said PFC Sherwin Domingo.

The remains of the 19 fallen soldiers are scheduled to be flown back tonight to the Villamor Air Base, where they will be given full military honors before they will be taken to the Philippine Army headquarters in Fort Bonifacio tomorrow.

3 days..... and no support or rescue.

the night operations would have been an advantage if they had night-capable attack choppers.

the night operations would have allowed the military to extricate the wounded and bring in more soldiers if they had night-capable transport choppers.

but the fact is, they dont have it.

im sorry but i have to say the generals involved here are incapable of making good decisions.

otherwise, poor management.

what happened to their intel? why have they not learned of the presence of hostile troops and the number?

it's time to make these generals pay for their incapacity. bring in better commanders and planners instead.
Posted Image

" Sovereignty resides in the people and all government authority emanates from them! - Art. II Sec 1, Philippine Constitution "


" People don't care what we know until they know we care. "


getflipzi@yahoo.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
flipzi
Member Avatar
R-A-T-S

from Gen. Panfilo Lacson, Senator and former PNP Chief
Quote:
 
"It's time for PNoy to do an Erap. Peace in Mindanao cannot be achieved unless a tactical victory is attained first by the AFP (Armed Forces of the Philippines)," Lacson said in a text message to reporters.

Quote:
 
'Untie the hands'

Still, Lacson said that it is time to "untie the hands" of our soldiers and authorize them to fight the MILF on equal terms and not "handicapped" by the peace talks "characterized by treachery and deceit."

"It is odd that our territorial integrity is being threatened from within. The belligerence of the MILF is something that we deserve because we continue to give them that status," he said.

"There is only one Armed Forces of the Philippines under only one commander-in-chief. Any other armed group outside the AFP and the PNP and other law enforcement agencies must be considered as enemy of the state and should be treated as such under existing laws of the republic. It is difficult for our soldiers to understand why they should not be allowed to patrol or conduct military exercises in any part of their area of jurisdiction," he added.

more http://www.gmanews.tv/story/236096/nation/...GMANewsFacebook

teka, dumaan ba sa PDFF si Lacson?

:drunk:
Posted Image

" Sovereignty resides in the people and all government authority emanates from them! - Art. II Sec 1, Philippine Constitution "


" People don't care what we know until they know we care. "


getflipzi@yahoo.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
flipzi
Member Avatar
R-A-T-S

Quote:
 
Six government security forces, including three soldiers and three cops, were killed while eight others were wounded following two ambuscades staged by suspected Moro Islamic Liberation Front rebels in Zamboanga Sibugay in a span of five hours, a military report said Friday.

The successive attacks came two days after 19 soldiers, including four junior officers, were killed in an encounter with suspected MILF rebels in Basilan.

The military report said the first ambush was staged at 7:21 p.m. Thursday in Barangay Gulayon in Alicia town.

The attack resulted in the death of three soldiers and the wounding of six others — all belonging to elements of the 102nd Brigade.

...

The second attack transpired 12:15 a.m. Friday when suspected MILF rebels fired at a joint military-police patrol in Barangay Simbol in Kabasalan town.

Three policemen were killed while two others, a cop and an Army private, were wounded.

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/236082/regions...-sibugay-ambush
Quote:
 
"We should continue with the peace process. But there are options. For instance, we can be selective in observing the ceasefire," he said in an interview on dzBB radio.

He (Army spokesman Col. Antonio Parlade Jr.) suggested that troops be given more flexibility to operate especially in areas where the MILF does not follow the ceasefire rules.

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/236097/nation/...y-basilan-clash

in all, this one should be initiated now. it seems like the MILF has been inspired by their feat in Basilan to duplicate the effort to project strength.

"He suggested that troops be given more flexibility to operate especially in areas where the MILF does not follow the ceasefire rules."

MILF, ... here they come!

The Basilan attack might have been reasonable. But the following attacks clearly tell the govt what it is.

So, the next set of casualties, which will probably be on MILF side, ... is MILF's fault.
Posted Image

" Sovereignty resides in the people and all government authority emanates from them! - Art. II Sec 1, Philippine Constitution "


" People don't care what we know until they know we care. "


getflipzi@yahoo.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
flipzi
Member Avatar
R-A-T-S

Summer 2000 Campaign hero joins in;

BT: Erap: Dapat nang maglunsad ng all-out war vs MILF
10/21/2011 | 12:39 PM
[dohtml]<iframe src="http://www.gmanews.tv/evideo/95838/bt-erap-dapat-nang-maglunsad-ng-all-out-war-vs-milf" frameborder="0" style="width:480px; height:400px; display:block; background: black;" scrolling="no">This page requires a higher version browser</iframe><br /><a href="http://www.gmanews.tv/">For the latest Philippine news stories and videos, visit GMANews.TV</a>[/dohtml]
Posted Image

" Sovereignty resides in the people and all government authority emanates from them! - Art. II Sec 1, Philippine Constitution "


" People don't care what we know until they know we care. "


getflipzi@yahoo.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
flipzi
Member Avatar
R-A-T-S

again, it seems like the MILF has been inspired by their feat in Basilan to duplicate the success to project strength.

probably aimed at influencing the result of the peace talk.

so, the AFP and PNP should be on the alert. especially, the forward bases and checkpoints.

support units like air support, artillery, armor and naval units should be on red alert as well to provide support. also the SAF.

the AFP and PNP should respond to those responsible for the unprovoked attacks.

otherwise, it will send the wrong signals to both the MILF and the public.
Posted Image

" Sovereignty resides in the people and all government authority emanates from them! - Art. II Sec 1, Philippine Constitution "


" People don't care what we know until they know we care. "


getflipzi@yahoo.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
mazingu
Member Avatar
Member
[ *  *  * ]
iced_man21
Oct 21 2011, 11:27 AM

Even if I am demoralized by this debacle, I am still a soldier and will still fight for the freedom of my countrymen and the territorial integrity of my country. I hope that our political leader show the same mettle. It has been said that the armed forces are merely an instrument of the state. That is precisely correct, so please, let us have more upright leaders with "balls" who will not waver from their campaign promises to gain political and media points or "papogi" and will not spend more time discussing their lovelifes than the state of the country or its own Armed Forces.

Very easy for us to blame the politicians but what about the military hierarchy itself?

The wife of one of the slain soldiers confirmed that her husband called her that they will be sent on a test mission, which as we all know by now turned out to be this debacle.

How many failed test missions resulted in the tragic loss of lives of junior officers & EPs before?

Test missions for newbie SF operators that were ill-planned, ill-executed and ill-supported.

I think the AFP should review its doctrines & policies regarding the continued implementation of test missions for its graduating SOCOM classes.
===================

Here's the PDFF thread discussing the pros & cons of test missions:

http://pdff.sytes.net/index.php?showtopic=4700&st=45&#last
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Hitman
Member Avatar
Member
[ *  *  * ]
spearhead
Oct 21 2011, 08:26 AM
Hitman
Oct 21 2011, 06:48 AM
its really hard now because the moro guerillas seem to have mastered the terrain in their areas of operation as normally guerillas do and the art of guerilla warfare. as you have read in news in afghanistan the taliban already shot down 2 CH 42 choppers there filled with special operators. same thing in any counter insurgency opn, the choppers will be very vulnerable in dropping reinforcements including medevacs. with rpgs and 50 cal sniper rifles can shoot down these choppers. the only thing the choppers can do is fly high and get exact location of main body of the rebels from troops on the ground and pepper them with rockets and missiles but to fly low during the heat of battle is very dangerous.

what the Army can do is only send a 7 man recon teams of SRs or SFs and find the camps or temp encampments or locate company size rebels in the jungles and then call for an airstrike. the recon teams should avoid contact with the enemy. their mission is just combat intel, locate the enemy and report to CP or HQ for air strikes. this will minimize casualties on the government forces. with the enemy mastering their territory it wil be hard for any unit to enter without being detected not knowing they are entering a trap and killing zones.

I like what you just said. Were you playing some Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 or something? :armycheers:

no spearhead i not into computer games, no time for that, what i just stated is just based on my experience when i was a soldier. this test mission for the SFs or SRs. but the number of commandos on this test mission is too many. usually just 7 man teams. thats why we need to buy more Sokols and arm them with rockets, 50 cal guns and 20 mm cannons or auto grenade launchers. and use this for air support at higher altitude not reachable by assault rifles, choppers should also be armed with flares to protect it from shoulder fired heat seeking missiles, that the moros may soon have because thousands of these were now missing in Libyan Army depots and US intel said it could land in hands of terrorists around the world sold in the black market.

we also need to continue military ops against MILF now while or even there is peace negotiations. this peace negotiations is not being followed seriously. the AFP as I said need to change their strategy. Most of our units in the field actually do not have the luxury of reinforcements and air support when in contact with the enemy because of the AFP lack of choppers and because sometimes the ambush is just a bait to ambush the incoming reinforcement. failure to recognize and correct this will cause more casualties and drain the resources and budget of the AFP. guerilla warfare is just as costly as a conventional warfare as the duration last longer. we are now at the present in the losing end of this battle since this high casualties is not the first time. this also will somewhat may slow down the modernization because of the cost. Its not a bad idea to return to all out war and destroy their camps and the rebels.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
spearhead
Member Avatar
DoctorNO, Your Neutral Observer.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
^^Now PNoy doesnt want to retaliate.

If it was in fact a Test Mission, then it maybe possible that the commander who sent those kids to face the more experienced rebels must have actually aware the kids were entering the MILF-controlled area but did not coordinate with the rebels. That could be the reason why the commander was relieved from his duty. Because both the government and the MILF had a peace agreement and should not be provoking each others, and this may also be the reason why the government doesnt want to retaliate.

The point is, this Test Mission need to be stopped. It's too much really.

I totally agree that we need those capable gunships so badly.
"Men of War must learn the art of numbers or he will not know how to array his troops." - Plato

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
superman
Member Avatar
Member
[ *  *  * ]
RETALIATE!!! an eye for an eye! pag may nadali na MILF pugutan din kahit patay na tapos gawing kilawin ang mga laman loob ipakain sa mga ilaga! BullS! ang leader ng mga yan dapat kasama sya natodas dun. Ang tagal na natin kalaban ang mga yan di pa rin ba tayo natututo kung pano sila labanan!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Military and Law Enforcement · Next Topic »
Add Reply