Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Philippines Defense Forces Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Adm. Angue probed for complaining about 'demotion'
Topic Started: Aug 16 2010, 02:41 PM (919 Views)
mazingu
Member Avatar
Member
[ *  *  * ]
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/...-about-demotion

MANILA, Philippines—(UPDATE) A two-star general (admiral) was placed “under investigation” Monday for possible insubordination shortly after he complained to the media in front of troops of the Armed Forces National Capital Region Command (NCRCom) that he had been demoted.

In a briefing with reporters in Camp Aguinaldo, Armed Forces spokesman Brigadier General Jose Mabanta confirmed NCRCom Rear Admiral Feliciano Angue’s relief from his position, adding that an investigating committee is being formed to probe the issue of insubordination.

"Admiral Angue was relieved as commander of NCRCom last August 12. Major General Tabaquero [is] scheduled to assume on Wednesday," Mabanta told reporters.

He said that Angue's claim of being demoted and airing his grievance in front of his troop no less borders on insubordination and warrants an investigation.

"The statements of Admiral Angue are uncalled for. We view the statement as bordering on insubordination and violation of AFP Code of Ethics 4.3.12," Mabanta said.

Last Friday, the AFP announced the relief of Rear Admiral Feliciano Angue as NCRCom commander and his assignment to head the Naval Forces Western Mindanao.

During the flag-raising ceremony Monday at the NCRCom compound inside Camp Aguinaldo, Angue said the new assignment is to a two-star position.

Since the NCRCom carries a three-star rank, Angue had a good chance to be promoted to vice admiral.

“As a professional soldier 'who needs but an order to settle you from here to there, endure hardships, and a disrupted normal life,' I will follow (the order) even with an unanswered question in my mind as to why am I being demoted from a three-star position to a lower position in the AFP Table of Organization,” Angue told the troops.

“In my 32 years as an officer of the AFP, this is the first time that I would be a witness to the humiliation of demotion of a flag rank or a general officer. Demotion is a severe punishment given only to erring enlisted personnel who have committed grave offenses.

“Why do this to me and what wrong have I done?” Angue continued.

Angue, who belongs to the Philippine Military Academy Class 1978, which has former president Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo as an honorary member, was appointed as NCRCom commander on March 13, a period covered by the constitutional ban against midnight appointments.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
caterwaul
Member Avatar
Member
[ *  *  * ]
he should not just be demoted, he should be court martialed :headbang:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
MSantor
Member Avatar

PDFF Mod Group
More about Adm. Angue's case is discussed at this other thread:

"Key AFP Promotions and Movements" thread
"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." - Henry Ford

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
- Winston Churchill


"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"- Gen. George S. Patton
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
desertranger
Member
[ *  *  * ]
Why change him out...What was the reason? Only to Put someone who supported the Aquino Govt? There is no place in the military for favoritism and nepotism. Except I guess here. Thats my question and thoughts on it....Of course everyone is human. Even the best can err in misspeaking. They are all human...
Ok, so they found a loophole that he was appointed during a ban and labled "Midnight appointment"....He still served his country faithfully for 32 years...Why was he put in the middle of this in the first place....What was the intended agenda...
Always be careful on whom you make war or enemy's with...No one is invincible or without glass houses.
"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
spraret
Member Avatar
PDFF Admin Support
PDFF Admin Group
Cortez assumes NFWMC

Quote:
 
By ELENA L. ABEN
November 8, 2010, 8:40am
A member of the Philippine Military Academy (PMA) class '79, Commodore Orwen Cortez has assumed post as head of the Naval Forces Western Mindanao Command (NFWMC) based in Zamboanga City, an Armed Forces official said yesterday.

MANILA, Philippines - With the approval of the Office of the President, the post of NFWMC chief was earlier given to controversial Navy officer, Rear Adm. Feliciano Angue, former Armed Forces of the Philippines -National Capital Region Command (NCRCom) commander, who is now facing an investigation for alleged violation of the military code of conduct.

Cortez replaced Brig. Gen. Eugenio Clemen, 1st Marine Brigade commander, who was assigned earlier to the command in an acting capacity.

Retiring Western Mindanao Command (Wesmincom) chief, Marine Lt. Gen. Benjamin Dolorfino confirmed that Cortez has taken over the NFWMC top post last week.

But Dolorfino, who is set to retire on Wednesday, November 10, declined to comment on the circumstances of the designation of Cortez. He said, “it's a regular position."

Brig. Gen. Jose Mabanta Jr., AFP spokesman, said that Cortez was designated by the Philippine Navy as NFWMC chief in an acting capacity. Angue may still assume the post depending on the outcome of the investigation of his case.


http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/286420/cortez-assumes-nfwmc
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
fatbat_mca
Member Avatar
Member
[ *  *  * ]
Outspoken Navy general won’t be detained while being probed for insubordination

By Dona Pazzibugan
Philippine Daily Inquirer
First Posted 18:29:00 12/20/2010

Filed Under: Military, Government, Justice & Rights, Trials

MANILA, Philippines—The former chief of the Armed Forces National Capital Region Command, who is undergoing a court martial process, will not be detained or restricted to his quarters, his superior said.

“He will not be detained. He will not be restricted. He is an officer. Basta nandiyan lang siya (He'll make himself available),” AFP Chief of Staff Gen. Ricardo David Jr. said, referring to Rear Admiral Feliciano Angue, during a chance interview in Camp Aguinaldo Monday.

David appeared to have initiated the pre-trial investigation, which usually precedes the start of trial proceedings.

A Philippine Navy special investigating committee has recommended to the AFP chief of staff that Angue be made to undergo court martial for violation of the military code of ethics that bars soldiers from airing their grievances before the media, and for violation of Articles of War on insubordination and conduct prejudicial to good order and military discipline.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/...insubordination
oh my sofie!
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Philippine Navy · Next Topic »
Add Reply