Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Philippines Defense Forces Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
GRUESOME CRIMES; Death penalty may not be enough!
Topic Started: May 16 2008, 03:58 PM (2,239 Views)
flipzi
Member Avatar
R-A-T-S

9 dead in Laguna bank robbery

By Thea Alberto
INQUIRER.net
First Posted 10:38:00 05/16/2008

MANILA, Philippines -- (UPDATE 3) At least 9 people were confirmed dead and one in critical condition in a bank robbery in Laguna province, a police official said.

Chief Superintendent Ricardo Padilla, Calabarzon police director, said eight of the casualties were identified as employees of the Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation and were found inside the bank while the ninth, a security guard on duty, was found outside.

All of them were shot in the head, said Padilla.

One of the fatalities was identified as Bert Castro, the bank manager, said Padilla. The other bank employees were tellers.

Padilla said two security guards were missing, leading authorities to suspect that they were involved in the robbery.

Initial investigation showed that the robbers were able to cart away a still undetermined amount of money because the bank vault was open, he said.

"Definitely may nawawala [something is missing], bukas yung vault and ibang pera nakakalat pa [the vault is open and some cash are littered on the floor]," said Padilla.

Padilla said it was possible that the victims knew the robbers since they all had to be killed inside the bank.

He said the murders were discovered when RCBC clients alerted police on why the bank was not opened at the usual time of 9 a.m.

He said a task group had been created for the immediate capture of the suspects.

Meanwhile, an official of RCBC said on radio that they would wait for the results of the police investigation but assured families of the victims of assistance.
With a report from AP

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/...na-bank-robbery


WHAT'S HAPPENING, GEN. RAZON?

These criminals must be brought to justice immediately.

Else, mawawala na naman tiwala ng tao sa PNP.

These criminals upon sight deserved to be riddled with bullets until their bodies are completely torn to pieces!
Posted Image

" Sovereignty resides in the people and all government authority emanates from them! - Art. II Sec 1, Philippine Constitution "


" People don't care what we know until they know we care. "


getflipzi@yahoo.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
mazingu
Member Avatar
Member
[ *  *  * ]
grabe naman yan, inubos ang empleyado, dapat nga death penalty kaso wala na death penalty ngayon :armysad:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
seWer Rat
Member Avatar
amateur sewer cleaner

1oth victim ies! :armysad:

Survivor in Laguna bank heist dies; police chief axed

MANILA, Philippines - The lone survivor in Friday's bloody bank robbery in Laguna province succumbed to injuries at about 10:45 a.m., Sunday, bringing to 10 the number of fatalities in the incident.

As this developed, the head of the Philippine National Police in Cabuyao, Laguna also ended up as another "casualty," after PNP chief Dir. Gen. Avelino Razon Jr ordered his relief over the heist.

"Namatay kanina 'yong pinakahuli na napasama sa insidente (The lone survivor in the heist died this morning)," PNP spokesman Chief Supt. Nicanor Bartolome said on dzBB radio Sunday.

Police earlier placed the lone survivor, Isagani Pastor, under tight security, hoping that he would recover and give authorities leads on the case.

Bartolome said the PNP, in relation to the Laguna incident, came up with a series of directives after a conference held at the national police headquarters at Camp Crame in Quezon City on Sunday. These included:
Reinforcing the no plate no travel policy, after the suspects' vehicle was found to have had no license plates;


A shame campaign for banks that do not update or upgrade their security systems;


Supervising the deployment of police personnel in the streets to ensure police visibility from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.


Adding police visibility at Laguna Industrial Park.
Bartolome said that during the case conference, Razon ordered the relief of Supt. Moises Pagaduan as Cabuyao police chief. He will be replaced by Chief Insp. Wenceslao Anore.

He said Razon invoked the "one-strike policy" in ordering Pagaduan's dismissal.

The PNP also recommended that a shame campaign be conducted on banks that do not update their security measures.

"Nag-recommend ang PNP 'yong pag-evaluate o pag-assess ng security concern ng bangko dapat malaman ng tao natin, ng publiko nang sa ganoon magdadagdag sila sa security system (The PNP recommended that the evaluation of security measures be made public so banks will be pressured to update their security measures)," he said. - GMANews.TV

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/95944/Lone-sur...lice-chief-axed
To avoid criticism, write nothing, say nothing, do nothing, BE NOTHING.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
saver111
Member Avatar
PDFF Moderator
PDFF Mod Group
banks that do not update their security measures.

This is what I don't understand. With all those robberies, an audit of what security lapses have occurred should be a case studies for banks. Banks have organizations that they could share those observations to members. Same goes with security agencies. Screening and recommendation of security improvements should be done as well as law enforcement agencies providing standard security measures similar to fire inspections wherein banks should comply.
Posted Image

Justice for Daniel Lorenz Jacinto

HELP END PIRACY NOW!:
http://www.itfseafarers.org/petition.cfm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
spellspinner
Member Avatar
Member
[ *  *  * ]

Quote:
 
Supervising the deployment of police personnel in the streets to ensure police visibility from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.


Am not familiar with this police policy or is this peculiar to the circumstances? Why only from 9 to 3? Shouldn't police prescence be necessary and visible twenty-four hours?

I understand that the bank here was in a rather remote area. All the more it would have been necessary for it to have constantly updated and upgraded its security measures. The banking laws include provisions for the insurance of deposits but require diligence on the part of banks to ensure the safety and security of their assets.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Fmr TOPP Awardee 82'PNP
Member Avatar
PDFF Moderator
PDFF Mod Group
Police patrol from 9 pm - 3 am are night beat patrols to deter burglaries and other form of unwanted movements in residential and commercial areas or in other terms a showcase of police presence. Years back, the standard night beat patrol is from 10 pm - 4 am. This was designed until 4am because people start moving about at this time of the day.

There are requirements for a more sophisticated bank security but it can only work depending on the training of the bank staff how to handle it during emergencies. The simplest one was the panic button directly link to the nearest police station which can be concealed underneath the teller's desk or bench top.

But all these security measures can fail to work if the robbery has connections with the manned security of the bank.
Posted Image



"GUILTY CONSCIENCE NEEDS NO ACCUSER"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
spellspinner
Member Avatar
Member
[ *  *  * ]

The night shift is understandable, but the article says 9am to 3pm.

Aren't there simple alternatives to prevent security personnel from possible involvement in bank heists?

I'm trying to make sense of the brutality of this crime, particularly with the cold efficiency by which the witnesses were killed -- single gunshot wound to the head. Most criminals would just hide their identity through other means such as masks, disabling security cameras, stealth. With ten people dead, this Laguna bank robbery seems to be unprecedented.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Fmr TOPP Awardee 82'PNP
Member Avatar
PDFF Moderator
PDFF Mod Group
In general, before security guards are trained for the job, their personal background are to be checked thoroughly to ensure that they have no criminal past in the police or NBI files or even without police record or conviction, but also to the very environment and people or relatives they are constantly associated with, then followed by a satisfactory result of a neuro-psychiatric examination.

If these requirements were religiously complied, chances of employing scalawags in the security industry can be minimized. But there are some underlying and most common problem - greedy security agencies. Agencies usually have lucrative contracts with clients like the banks but only give minimal wages to security staff.

The client should demand to the security company to have a change of guards every couple of days or once a week. Some guards are using personally owned firearms. The police should conduct a random check on them in their place of work while on the job to ensure that all firearms are issued to them legally by the agency they belong.

The bank manager or his authorized personnel should always keep an eye on the security guards by basically noting down descriptions of people visiting the bank and chatting with the guard. If this goes on a regular basis, it's time to contact the intelligence of the police to conduct surveillance on the guard.
Posted Image



"GUILTY CONSCIENCE NEEDS NO ACCUSER"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Tormentor
Member Avatar
Member
[ *  *  * ]
another massacre in Laguna, 8 killed...suspect is a former cop:

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storypage.aspx?StoryId=118688


and in the RCBC robbery-massacre, 5 "cops" were logged in at past 8 am by the security guard:

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/96181/5-&#8216...obbery-massacre
Posted Image
It's a bird, it's a plane...no...it's Super Trillanes!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
saver111
Member Avatar
PDFF Moderator
PDFF Mod Group
Men posing as cops wanted in Cabuyao bank robbery

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

CAMP VICENTE LIM, Laguna – Police authorities admitted yesterday that they are now pursuing members of one of at least three notorious robbery groups suspected to be behind the Rizal Commercial and Banking Corp. (RCBC) robbery that left 10 persons dead last week in Cabuyao town.

A Task Force Calabarzon insider said this was based on the entry of the bank’s security logbook, which was recovered at the crime scene by the police Scene of the Crime Operatives (SOCO).

Based on the logbook, it was established that the robbery took place between 8 a.m. to 9 a.m., or an hour before the RCBC-Barangay Pulo, Cabuyao branch could open for business following the arrival of several supposed policemen aboard a white Toyota Revo without license plates at little past 8 a.m.

The logbook also contained the name of the supposed policemen led by a certain Inspector Alvarez. The guard on duty then was Aguilando Baltazar. Baltazar was among those executed by the suspects.

Also in the same entry, one of the supposed policemen even deposited his M16 rifle with the guard on duty.

When Task Force probers checked the PNP list of personnel, it was found that the names listed in the bank’s security logbook were all fictitious.

Bolstering suspicions that the men who introduced themselves as police were the perpetrators of the crime was the testimony of a lady client who witnessed one of the suspects clad in a police jacket pull one client, who was still outside, inside the bank.

After seeing this, the lady client called the attention of the Laguna Industrial Park authorities who in turn called up the Cabuyao police.

The time of the crime was also confirmed to have been between 8 to 9 a.m. last Friday, because as per the bank’s computer security alarm, which is connected to the RCBC head office, the door of the bank opened at exactly 8 a.m.

“Nobody can enter the bank during night time, not even the security guards because the establishment is fitted with a security alarm which if opened will automatically register at the computer of the RCBC’s head office in Makati,” a member of the Task Force RCBC said.

Chief Superintendent Ricardo Padilla, police director for the Calabarzon, said that they are still trying to determine if the entry in the bank’s security logbook was the original handwriting of the slain guard.

If it is original, he said the entry will be further subjected to handwriting examination to determine if it was done voluntarily or under threat.

Meanwhile, without identifying who their suspects are, Senior Superintendent Felipe Roxas, Laguna provincial police director, in a separate interview, said that they are now looking at the possible involvement of the Waray-Waray Group, the Ilonggo robbery group, and the Kuratong Baleleng in the robbery described as the worst to hit the country’s banking industry.

http://www.philstar.com/index.php?Headline...aid=20080519116

Quote:
 
a lady client who witnessed one of the suspects clad in a police jacket pull one client, who was still outside, inside the bank.


Man, that was being at the wrong place at a wrong time. :dunno:
Posted Image

Justice for Daniel Lorenz Jacinto

HELP END PIRACY NOW!:
http://www.itfseafarers.org/petition.cfm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Philippine National Police · Next Topic »
Add Reply