Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Philippines Defense Forces Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PNP recruitment, salaries, promotion, etc.; updates
Topic Started: Oct 26 2005, 01:42 PM (29,838 Views)
ex-tibak
Unregistered
Guests

Does anybody know the salary structure of the PNP? Like how much each rank earns?
Also, how does one get promoted within the PNP? The two year minimum between ranks seems a bit inefficient is all. I mean, will it really take at least 6 years to get from PO1 to PO3? Parang ang tagal masyado nun, mga sir.

There's nothing on the PNP website, so I was hoping that someone on the forums could help me out. I'm really considering joining the police force.

Quote Post Goto Top

seWer Rat
Member Avatar
amateur sewer cleaner

cops have higher monthly income than their rank equivalents in the AFP, promotions can be faster if the cop is diligent in attending schooling and in service trainings
To avoid criticism, write nothing, say nothing, do nothing, BE NOTHING.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fmr TOPP Awardee 82'PNP
Member Avatar
PDFF Moderator
PDFF Mod Group
And the most important of all is the political backing !
Posted Image

"GUILTY CONSCIENCE NEEDS NO ACCUSER"

Rapidfire
Member Avatar
Professional Toy Gun Technician
[ *  *  * ]
My cousin who is a licensed civil engineer entered the PNP and is now an inspector (lieutenant), he earns around 26k per month and his job is just looking after the PNPs physical facilities. No anti-criminal police work for him.

There's a quota system when the PNP accepts applicants, its supposed to be fair and according to several criteria, but some with connections can still get through even if they have deficiencies.

ex-tibak
Unregistered
Guests

Hmm, 26K a month isn't bad. Did he have to start as a PO1 or did he start as an Inspector? That's a pretty big jump.
Quote Post Goto Top

Fmr TOPP Awardee 82'PNP
Member Avatar
PDFF Moderator
PDFF Mod Group
Professionals who passed the licensure will be inducted to the service directly as commissioned officers with the first rank of inspector, in a process called lateral entry.

The basis for promotion is by eligibility, hardwork or efficiency, educational background, training, and length of service, but influence or "kapit" or 'lakas" cannot be discounted because it always play a role in our culture and system.

Sometimes it's not always what you know but whom you know.
Posted Image

valiant
[ *  *  * ]
professionals with good chances of lateral entry are engineers, doctors, and lawyers...if you're still young, try to qualify for the PNPA first, the PNP's version of the PMA.

ex-tibak
Unregistered
Guests

Haha, I missed the PNPA age requirements by a year. I didn't even know there was a PNPA until a few months ago. :sad2:

I guess I'll have to go through the regular procedure, then. I don't think the PNP is looking for licensed librarians.
Quote Post Goto Top

Fmr TOPP Awardee 82'PNP
Member Avatar
PDFF Moderator
PDFF Mod Group
Whatever educational attainment or course you have, as long as you qualified in the educational qualification area, no criminal record, and physically and mentally fit, then you can be enlisted in areas where personnel is needed.
Posted Image

maniegom
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Fmr TOPP Awardee 82'PNP
Nov 1 2005, 03:15 PM
The basis for promotion is by eligibility, hardwork or efficiency, educational background, training, and length of service, but influence or "kapit" or 'lakas" cannot be discounted because it always play a role in our culture and system.

Sometimes it's not always what you know but whom you know.

But isn't this the common perception wherever we may be employed? Especially when one gets passed over for a promotion?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Philippine National Police · Next Topic »
Add Reply