Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Philippines Defense Forces Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Terrorism and Counterrorism in the Philippines; re-titled thread
Topic Started: Sep 9 2004, 09:30 PM (53,087 Views)
saver111
Member Avatar
PDFF Moderator
PDFF Mod Group
Phl eyed as target in US terror plot
By AP (The Philippine Star) | Updated November 22, 2012 - 12:00am

MANILA, Philippines - Southern California men charged this week for plotting to kill Americans and bomb US military bases overseas considered the Philippines, Palestine and Afghanistan as targets, initial investigation revealed.

“The main lesson learned is: don’t underestimate these groups,” said FBI Special Agent David Bowdich. “This is a very serious case. I think ultimately the outcome was a success.”

Aside from becoming a terrorist, Miguel Alejandro Santana, 21 and Ralph de Leon, 23 also discussed where they could possibly do the most damage. Santana, De Leon, Arifeen David Gojali and ringleader Sohiel Omar Kabir and are facing charges of providing material support to terrorists, which can carry a maximum 15-year prison sentence.

According to Federal investigators, Kabir met De Leon and Santana at a hookah bar and introduced them to the radical Islamist doctrine of the US-born extremist cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, who was killed last year in an American airstrike in Yemen.

Based on court documents, De Leon said meeting Kabir was like encountering someone from the camps run by al-Awlaki or Osama bin Laden, who was killed in a US raid last year on his compound in Pakistan.

http://www.philstar.com/headlines/2012/11/22/870469/phl-eyed-target-us-terror-plot

Related Thread

http://s3.zetaboards.com/Defense_Philippines/topic/831687/6/#new
Posted Image

Justice for Daniel Lorenz Jacinto

HELP END PIRACY NOW!:
http://www.itfseafarers.org/petition.cfm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
saver111
Member Avatar
PDFF Moderator
PDFF Mod Group
Bomb attack in Cotabato City kills 6
ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 08/05/2013 5:02 PM | Updated as of 08/05/2013 6:42 PM

MANILA (3rd UPDATE) - Six people were killed while 29 more were injured in a bomb attack on Sinsuat Avenue in Cotabato City past 4 pm Monday.

Speaking to radio dzMM, Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao governor Mujiv Hataman said 6 people were killed in the explosion on a busy intersection on Sinsuat Avenue. Twenty-five of those injured were brought to Cotabato General Hospital while the four others were brought to Notre Dame Hospital.

"The explosion happened right in front of a commercial center. This is a residential-commercial area, with a lot of traffic," he said.

The governor said the blast was strong enough to be heard in his office, which is about 600 meters away.

Lt. Col. Custodio Parcon, commander of the Marine Battalion Landing Team 1, said the explosion was caused by an improvised explosive device attached to an XRM motorcycle parked at the corner of Maniara Street and Sinsuat Avenue, Barangay RH-10.

He said the explosion killed 4 people and damaged several vehicles including 3 motorcycles.

Authorities have yet to identify the fatalities. Those injured were brought to a nearby hospital.

An ABS-CBN report said the explosion started a fire that hit at least 10 houses including a funeral parlor.

ABS-CBN News’ Lerio Bompat earlier said the explosion happened at a very busy street. She said vehicles and houses were “burning.” With a report by Albashir Saiden, ABS-CBN Cotabato

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/regions/08/05/13/explosion-rocks-sinsuat-cotabato
Posted Image

Justice for Daniel Lorenz Jacinto

HELP END PIRACY NOW!:
http://www.itfseafarers.org/petition.cfm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
nuke21
Recruit
[ * ]
saver111
Aug 5 2013, 07:27 PM
Bomb attack in Cotabato City kills 6
ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 08/05/2013 5:02 PM | Updated as of 08/05/2013 6:42 PM

MANILA (3rd UPDATE) - Six people were killed while 29 more were injured in a bomb attack on Sinsuat Avenue in Cotabato City past 4 pm Monday.

Speaking to radio dzMM, Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao governor Mujiv Hataman said 6 people were killed in the explosion on a busy intersection on Sinsuat Avenue. Twenty-five of those injured were brought to Cotabato General Hospital while the four others were brought to Notre Dame Hospital.

"The explosion happened right in front of a commercial center. This is a residential-commercial area, with a lot of traffic," he said.

The governor said the blast was strong enough to be heard in his office, which is about 600 meters away.

Lt. Col. Custodio Parcon, commander of the Marine Battalion Landing Team 1, said the explosion was caused by an improvised explosive device attached to an XRM motorcycle parked at the corner of Maniara Street and Sinsuat Avenue, Barangay RH-10.

He said the explosion killed 4 people and damaged several vehicles including 3 motorcycles.

Authorities have yet to identify the fatalities. Those injured were brought to a nearby hospital.

An ABS-CBN report said the explosion started a fire that hit at least 10 houses including a funeral parlor.

ABS-CBN News’ Lerio Bompat earlier said the explosion happened at a very busy street. She said vehicles and houses were “burning.” With a report by Albashir Saiden, ABS-CBN Cotabato

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/regions/08/05/13/explosion-rocks-sinsuat-cotabato
Funny every time there's a bomb blow, they keep telling is to derail the peace talk between the MILF and Govt. May I ask those bomber are allegedly trained by JI. The JI allegedly seek refuge one of the MILF camp according to the various report. Now the question is the MILF are they sincere in this peace talk.

I won't be surprise they will downplay this event. For the sake of this peace talk.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
saver111
Member Avatar
PDFF Moderator
PDFF Mod Group
Posted Image

A bomb detonated inside a "multicab" vehicle shocks the center of Cotabato City on Monday afternoon, August 5, killing eight people and wounding at least 30. Car bombs have been a method of choice for terrorists in Iraq but have rarely been used in the Philippines, an important clue in the investigation, according to ARMM Governor Mujiv Hataman. Reuters

Posted Image

Houses and a pick-up truck burn after a powerful improvised explosive device (IED) was detonated along Sinsuat Avenue in Cotabato City on Monday afternoon, August 5, killing eight people and wounding at least 30 others. At left is the charred wreckage of the suspected vehicle where the bomb was planted. Omar Mangorsi

Posted Image

Soldiers inspect the charred wreckage of a vehicle believed to have been planted with an improvised explosive device (IED), after it exploded killing eight people and wounding 30 others in Cotabato City on Monday, August 5. Mark Navales

Posted Image

Crime scene investigators collect pieces of evidence from the site of Monday's bomb attack in Cotabato City which killed eight people and wounded 30 others. The police sealed off the site to make way for the investigation on Tuesday, August 6. Mark Navales

Posted Image

One of the 30 bomb blast victims brought to the Cotabato Regional and Medical Center is checked by a nurse for treatment on Tuesday. The police said the death toll from a powerful bomb blast that hit Cotabato City rose to eight as officials pointed to political rivalry as a possible motive. Mark Navales

Posted Image

Justice for Daniel Lorenz Jacinto

HELP END PIRACY NOW!:
http://www.itfseafarers.org/petition.cfm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
flipzi
Member Avatar
R-A-T-S

PNoy warned bombers with the words FEEL FULL MIGHT OF THE STATE.


but these FEEL FULL MIGHT, ALL OUT WAR, FULL FORCE OF THE LAW..... have no effect anymore.

People have grown tired of hearing these words and saw nothing much anyway.


AND DONT WAIT FOR ANOTHER BOMB TO EXPLODE BEFORE YOU ACT.

The AFP and PNP remain reactionary.

They must instead employ a relentless SEARCH AND DESTROY operation, 24/7, to finish the job.
Edited by flipzi, Aug 8 2013, 08:50 PM.
Posted Image

" Sovereignty resides in the people and all government authority emanates from them! - Art. II Sec 1, Philippine Constitution "


" People don't care what we know until they know we care. "


getflipzi@yahoo.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Parastriker
Member Avatar
Member
[ *  *  * ]
flipzi
Aug 8 2013, 08:49 PM
PNoy warned bombers with the words FEEL FULL MIGHT OF THE STATE.


but these FEEL FULL MIGHT, ALL OUT WAR, FULL FORCE OF THE LAW..... have no effect anymore.

People have grown tired of hearing these words and saw nothing much anyway.


AND DONT WAIT FOR ANOTHER BOMB TO EXPLODE BEFORE YOU ACT.

The AFP and PNP remain reactionary.

They must instead employ a relentless SEARCH AND DESTROY operation, 24/7, to finish the job.
It is a good course of action you suggest, but do not expect improvement within a day.

Someone is clearly trying to sabotage the peace in Mindanao, because they will lose their businesses if peace comes to the region.

Also, even with all of the resources available to the government, they aren't Superman, Mr. Flipzi, nor they are the NSA, which could tap all of the calls made within the country. Don't you think that all of the agencies concerned are moving already? Or are you dissatisfied since you don't get a media update where it says that "agency-this" did "this" or "agency-that" did "that?

Does the government need to trumpet every single bit of detail about their acts so that you could say that they are doing something? That's not completely logical, isn't it?
Success through information, victory through disinformation.

"Good leaders make efficient followers. Great leaders make good followers. But true leaders make leaders out of mere followers."

"Measuring the intelligence of a common internet user is as easy as looking at his/her grammar."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
saver111
Member Avatar
PDFF Moderator
PDFF Mod Group
Posted Image

Soldiers secure the bomb-damaged Lintukan Bridge in Datu Piang, Maguindanao on Monday, August 12, after the rash of bombings in Central Mindanao last week. Chino Gaston
Posted Image

Justice for Daniel Lorenz Jacinto

HELP END PIRACY NOW!:
http://www.itfseafarers.org/petition.cfm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
saver111
Member Avatar
PDFF Moderator
PDFF Mod Group
2 Filipino among dead in Sanaa attack - report
Agence France-Presse
Posted at 12/05/2013 7:14 PM | Updated as of 12/05/2013 7:14 PM

SANAA - Six doctors, including a Venezuelan and two from the Philippines, were among 25 people killed in a suicide bombing and gun attack on Yemen's defense ministry complex Thursday, medical and security sources said.

The death toll also includes three Yemeni doctors and five patients, among them a judge, at a hospital within the complex that took the brunt of the attack, a medic said.

A security official told AFP the death toll of the brazen attack has risen to at least 25.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-filipino/12/05/13/2-filipino-docs-among-dead-sanaa-attack-report

Filipina nurse killed in Yemen attack - sources
Reuters
Posted at 12/05/2013 8:10 PM | Updated as of 12/05/2013 8:10 PM

SANAA - Gunmen shot and killed a Western doctor and a Filipina nurse in front of their colleagues in a hospital inside the compound of Yemen's defence ministry on Thursday, a medical and a defence ministry source said.

The sources said the gunmen were either killed or captured.

At least 20 people were killed in a car bomb attack and gun battle at the complex in the capital Sanaa, sources said earlier.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-filipino/12/05/13/filipina-nurse-killed-yemen-attack-sources

CNN
30 Killed in Attack at Yemeni Defense Ministry

Edited by saver111, Dec 5 2013, 08:47 PM.
Posted Image

Justice for Daniel Lorenz Jacinto

HELP END PIRACY NOW!:
http://www.itfseafarers.org/petition.cfm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
saver111
Member Avatar
PDFF Moderator
PDFF Mod Group
Update, it's now

7 Pinoy hospital workers killed in Yemen attack
by Maria Aleta Nieva Nishimori, ABS-CBNnews.com
Posted at 12/06/2013 11:22 AM | Updated as of 12/06/2013 11:22 AM

11 Filipinos also injured

MANILA - Seven Filipino hospital workers, including a doctor, were killed in the attack on Thursday at the Yemeni Defense Ministry Complex in Sanaa, the Department of Foreign Affairs said on Friday.

DFA spokesperson and Assistant Secretary Raul Hernandez said the confirmation was reported to them by the Philippine Embassy in Saudi Arabia, through Ambassador Ezzedin Tago.

"We will not disclose the names of the fatalities until their next of kin have been informed," said Hernandez.

Hernandez added that 11 other Filipinos who were injured in the attack "remain shaken and traumatized".

"One sustained a head injury which required surgery. The victims were working at a hospital located inside the complex," he said.
http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/global-filipino/12/06/13/7-pinoy-hospital-workers-killed-yemen-attack

Posted Image
A car burns at the site of a suicide car bomb attack at the Defense Ministry in the Yemeni capital of Sanaa on Thursday, December 5. The bomber rammed an explosives-packed car into the ministry, allowing gunmen to launch an assault on the complex which left 52 people dead including seven Filipino medical workers. AFP
Edited by saver111, Dec 6 2013, 01:48 PM.
Posted Image

Justice for Daniel Lorenz Jacinto

HELP END PIRACY NOW!:
http://www.itfseafarers.org/petition.cfm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
saver111
Member Avatar
PDFF Moderator
PDFF Mod Group
Al Qaeda claims attack in Yemeni capital where 52 were killed

Quote:
 
Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula's media arm, al-Mallahem, claimed the attack early Friday morning on its Twitter account, saying it targeted the Defense Ministry building because it "accommodates drone control rooms and American experts." It said security headquarters used by the Americans in their war are "legitimate targets."



http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/338619/news/world/al-qaeda-claims-attack-in-yemeni-capital-where-52-were-killed
Posted Image

Justice for Daniel Lorenz Jacinto

HELP END PIRACY NOW!:
http://www.itfseafarers.org/petition.cfm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Military and Law Enforcement · Next Topic »
Add Reply