Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Philippines Defense Forces Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Justice Served
Topic Started: Jun 22 2005, 06:44 PM (2,170 Views)
saver111
Member Avatar
PDFF Moderator
PDFF Mod Group
7 Abu Sayyaf bandits get death sentences

First posted 03:47pm (Mla time) June 22, 2005
By Julie Alipala
Agence France-Presse, Inquirer News Service


(UPDATE) ISABELA CITY -- A local court here has handed down death sentences to at least seven Abu Sayyaf bandits involved in the abduction and beheading of a group of farm workers in Lamitan town in 2001.

Judge Leo Jay Principe of the Regional Trial Court Branch 1 said he had no difficulty arriving at the decision.

"I don't really have this compunction in handing down the death penalty. My conscience would not bother me at all," Principe told the Inquirer after the promulgation on Wednesday.

Convicted were Ibrahim Bowak alias Ibba, Muddas Sabinul alias Abu Mudas, Abdulla Uwa, Daud Indaling, Etang Awal, Jimmy Theng, and Janital Bolnet Wahid. Etang Awal remains at large and was sentenced in absentia, according to an Agence France-Presse report.

Under the law, those convicted would be executed by lethal injection.

Six of the defendants stood impassively while their relatives wept and embraced each other as the verdict was read out inside a small and heavily guarded
building in the provincial capital of Isabela, an Agence France-Presse report said.

The seven convicts were had been charged with murder and kidnapping with serious illegal detention in connection with the abduction of more than 40 people, including children, during an Abu Sayyaf attack on Sitio Campo Tres in Barangay (village) Balobo on August 2, 2001.

The gunmen, disguised as soldiers, abducted a group of farm workers and later beheaded nine of them. Another hostage was shot dead while at least two other captives escaped unhurt.

The US government placed the Abu Sayyaf in its "foreign terrorist organization" blacklist after a kidnapping raid on a western Philippine island in 2001.

Two American hostages, Guillermo Sobero and Martin Burnham, were killed in captivity.

Security officials praised the verdict.

"Justice is now served and let this be a warning to all that crime does not pay," said Major General Hermogenes Esperon, commander of the army's Special Operation Command. Esperon was the provincial military commander in Basilan Island during the kidnappings.

He urged military authorities to station a permanent detachment in the plantation village where the victims were seized.

"The trauma is still there and I hope time will erase this in their hearts," he told reporters.

The Abu Sayyaf has waged a bloody war in the country for a decade and has been blamed for a string of deadly bombings on bus, rail and ferry transport systems, as well as kidnappings of locals and foreigners.
Posted Image

Justice for Daniel Lorenz Jacinto

HELP END PIRACY NOW!:
http://www.itfseafarers.org/petition.cfm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
flipzi
Member Avatar
R-A-T-S

Dapat lang.

I salute Judge Leo Jay Principe. :salute:

He is such a brave person.

BTW, is the AFP giving him the security that he needs?

The ASG or its supporters may be planning to retaliate.

The conviction of the ASG bandits must serve as a lesson for the terrorirst and NOT as a lesson for the judges that "when they do, they should expect retaliation".

If anybody or any group threatens the judge then the AFP should teach them a lesson.

The rule of law should be upheld and protected.

Anyone who dares to coerce anyone from upholding it must be punished.
Posted Image

" Sovereignty resides in the people and all government authority emanates from them! - Art. II Sec 1, Philippine Constitution "


" People don't care what we know until they know we care. "


getflipzi@yahoo.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
brassballs
Member
[ *  *  * ]
I will say it is served when the execution is done and over with.Those criminals will still have to languish on death row while awaiting for the president to lift the hold execution order. I say lift it and get it over with the families had suffered far too long. :demon:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Shock the monkey....!Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
saver111
Member Avatar
PDFF Moderator
PDFF Mod Group
NPA leader linked to Quezon attack captured
By Evelyn Macairan
The Philippine Star 07/13/2005

Agents of the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) have captured a suspected ranking leader of the New People’s Army (NPA) tagged in the 2002 raid on the police station of Pagbilao, Quezon that resulted in the deaths of the municipal police chief and one of his men.

NBI director Reynaldo Wycoco said the suspect, Rodel Alcon, 35, who reportedly belongs to the NPA’s Sandatahang Yunit Propaganda, swooped down on the Pagbilao police station along with 70 other rebels, killing Superintendent Cesar Santander and SPO3 Nestor Santiago.

Wycoco said Alcon had four warrants of arrest for rebellion, murder, robbery with homicide and for failure to appear in court.

Alcon was convicted of murder in 1997 and sentenced to life imprisonment. However, months after he was locked up at the Valenzuela City jail, he was able to escape.

"Alcon is one of the most wanted officers of the NPA. He will be brought to the New Bilibid Prisons where he will serve the remainder of his prison sentence, while he is being tried in the other cases against him," Wycoco said.

Alcon was arrested at a flea market in Lopez, Quezon last July 5 by a joint team of the NBI’s Reaction, Arrest and Interdiction Division, headed by assistant regional director Ruel Lasala, the intelligence unit of the Air Force, and the Army’s 201st Infantry Brigade.

Wycoco said Alcon was with his wife when he was arrested. Seven men accompanying him managed to escape.
----
NBI, PAF, PA way to go guys! May justice be served.
To the late Supt Santander and SPO3 Santiago, :salute:
Posted Image

Justice for Daniel Lorenz Jacinto

HELP END PIRACY NOW!:
http://www.itfseafarers.org/petition.cfm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Fmr TOPP Awardee 82'PNP
Member Avatar
PDFF Moderator
PDFF Mod Group
brassballs
Jun 23 2005, 04:36 PM
I will say it is served when the execution is done and over with.Those criminals will still have to languish on death row while awaiting for the president to lift the hold execution order. I say lift it and get it over with the families had suffered far too long. :demon:

Yes, there are still so many stages to come across before arriving to the final stages of execution.

First, the convicts can lodge an appeal the Court of Appeals /Appellate Court.

Second, if they are not successful on the first, then they appeal to the court of last resort which is the Supreme Court.

Third, if again they failed on the second stage, the execution now is final and executory, but wait,

Fourth, They can still petition the Supreme Court for a re-investigation of their case on grounds of newly discovered evidence in their favor, and if they failed, the execution will be scheduled, but wait,

Fifth, when the executioner's clock is ticking a phone call from the hotline between the execution chambers and the Office of the president, advising to cancel the execution, reason, the convict or the convicts family has a strong connection politically. There and then, the execution is halted indifinitely until comes a time that the Chief Executive will celebrate his birthday, and that convict can be possibly a free man.

The length of time between stages is enormous that can create anguish and frustration to the heirs or families of the victim.

Posted Image



"GUILTY CONSCIENCE NEEDS NO ACCUSER"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
saver111
Member Avatar
PDFF Moderator
PDFF Mod Group
This time, a Judge has been served.

Pasay City judge ordered to pay P20,000 in fines

The Philippine Star 11/07/2005

The Supreme Court (SC) has ordered a Pasay City Judge to pay P20,000 in fines for allowing a sheriff to use a 1998 Mitsubishi Lancer confiscated from two Chinese nationals ,arrested by the police during a buy-bust operation in 1998.

Court records showed that on Aug. 25, 1998, Superintendent Manuel Barcena, then chief of the Regional Drug Enforcement Office of the Philippine National Police-National Capital Region Police Office (PNP-NCRPO), and his men conducted a buy-bust operation along Zamora st. in Pasay City.

Barcena’s group subsequently arrested two Chinese nationals, namely Shien Ngo Chia and Ping Chua Shiong for violations of Republic Act 6425 or the Dangerous Drugs Act of 1972.

Barcena’s group also seized a 1998 Mistusbishi Lancer, with licence plates WEW-323, and a 1995 Nissan Sentra, with license plates UDE-228.

The cases of the two Chinese nationals were raffled off to Branch 116 of Pasay RTC and was tried by Judge Gingoyon.

Barcena said Gingoyon gave custody of the two vehicles to Sheriffs Leoncio Gutierrerz Jr. and Reynaldo Mulat and ordered Barcena to turn over the two vehicles to the sheriffs despite the elevation of the records of the cases to the Court of Appeals (CA).

Gingoyon also issued an order dated Jan. 3, 2000, denying a motion for the release of the vehicles filed by the counsel of the two Chinese nationals on behalf of the registered owners.

Barcena claimed that on March 25, 2000, while performing his functions as the new chief of police of Bacoor, Cavite, he chanced upon the Lancer parked in a vacant lot in Soldiers Hills IV subdivision in Molino, Bacoor.

He learned from residents that Sheriff Mulat has been using the Lancer for the past eight months.

Barcena then asked Mulat for the registration papers and his authority to use the Lancer, but Mulat could not produce any, prompting him to tow the car and bring it to their station for verification and proper disposition.

Barcena said Gingoyon committed grave abuse of authority for allowing Mulat to use the car for his personal benefit. — Jose Rodel Clapano

http://www.philstar.com/philstar/NEWS200511076307.htm
Posted Image

Justice for Daniel Lorenz Jacinto

HELP END PIRACY NOW!:
http://www.itfseafarers.org/petition.cfm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Fmr TOPP Awardee 82'PNP
Member Avatar
PDFF Moderator
PDFF Mod Group
Not only that they are liable for grave abuse of authority but also thay can be held criminally liable for tampering evidence, because those vehicles where impounded as a part of the evidence in the criminal case against the two accused.

The city judge involved displayed gross ignorance of the law. :headbang:
Posted Image



"GUILTY CONSCIENCE NEEDS NO ACCUSER"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
saver111
Member Avatar
PDFF Moderator
PDFF Mod Group
this Fiscal too just can't wait for the long process of the law,

Fiscal guns down man charged for his pa’s death

By Cecille Suerte Felipe
The Philippine Star 04/10/2006

Seeing the man responsible for the death of his father in an accident recently, a Nueva Ecija fiscal drew out his gun and fatally shot him right inside the prosecutor’s office last Friday.

Police arrested prosecutor Gerardo Hermogenes after he shot 38-year-old Jordan Viscara, who was charged with reckless imprudence resulting in homicide for the death of Hermogenes’ father Romeo, according to a report reaching Camp Crame.

Viscara, who sustained multiple gunshot wounds, died while being rushed to the hospital.

The shooting happened inside the Gapan City prosecutor’s office where Viscara was brought for investigation at about 12 noon last Friday.

Seeing Viscara, Hermogenes, according to the report, drew out a caliber .45 pistol and shot him several times to the shock of people in the prosecutor’s office.

Murder charges have been filed against Hermogenes, who is now detained at the San Jose City police station.

http://www.philstar.com/philstar/NEWS200604109906.htm

Will justice be served?
Posted Image

Justice for Daniel Lorenz Jacinto

HELP END PIRACY NOW!:
http://www.itfseafarers.org/petition.cfm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Fmr TOPP Awardee 82'PNP
Member Avatar
PDFF Moderator
PDFF Mod Group
It is a very appalling secenario that even in the corridors of justice nobody is safe and the criminal is an officer of the court.

We expect that the full force of Art.14, par. 5 of the RPC under the Stages of Executuion that falls under Aggravating Circumstances will boost for the conviction of Murder to be meted out against this extraordinary criminal.

Maghanda ka ng magaling na defensa companiero kung kaya mo, or else you will be awarded with the Capital Punishment.

What a stupid member of the Bar ! :headbang:
Posted Image



"GUILTY CONSCIENCE NEEDS NO ACCUSER"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
saver111
Member Avatar
PDFF Moderator
PDFF Mod Group
Posted Image

JAILED FOR LIFE.
SPO1 Marcial Ocampo (center, wearing police uniform) throws a glimpse at his wife in the gallery as jail guards escort him out of the court after Regional Trial Court Judge Ireneo Lee Gako sentenced him to life imprisonment for the murder of Bantay Dagat Director and Cebu City Market Administrator Elpidio Dela Victoria. (Mars W. Mosqueda Jr.)


Cop in slay raps gets life term

Judge: Evidence against accused officer was strong

By MARS W. MOSQUEDA JR.

CEBU CITY —- A Regional Trial Court (RTC) judge here sentenced to life imprisonment a policeman for murdering Bantay Dagat Director and Cebu City Market Administrator Elpidio Dela Victoria.

RTC Judge Ireneo Lee Gako sentenced on Monday SPO1 Marcial Ocampo to 20 to 40 years in jail for the murder of Dela Victoria. He also ordered Ocampo to pay the victim’s family R900,000-R500,000 in moral damages, R300,000 in exemplary damages, and R100,000 in civil indemnity.

"The only way that could have freed Ocampo from the conviction was for the defense to present someone who looks like him (Ocampo), walks like him, and moves like him," said Gako, adding that witnesses of the prosecution were beyond question and the evidence against the policeman were very strong.

Although the family of Dela Victoria expressed happiness over the conviction, the victim’s wife, Evelyn, claimed their battle is not over yet as the mastermind behind the killing remains free.

Dela Victoria was 47 when a lone gunman shot him outside his home in Barangay San Roque, Talisay City last April 12. He died less than 24 hours later.

Judge Gako cited the testimonies of four witnesses, including an eyewitness, that they saw Ocampo right after Dela Victoria was shot last April 12 outside his house in Sitio Dawis, Barangay San Roque in Talisay City.

"Even if the court would not consider the testimonies of Joselito and Winston less credible because they are brothers-in-law of the victim, the court could not help but give full faith and credence to the testimonies of Echavez and Gocong, whose positive identification is unequivocal, forthright that said person is Ocampo," Judge Gako said in his decision.

Gako said the positive identification made by Gocong of Ocampo when he was presented to the witness stand was an evidence "the court cannot reject."

The court ruled that the qualifying circumstance of treachery and the use of a gun aggravated the case for Ocampo.

Evelyn said she is satisfied with the decision because it meted Ocampo the ultimate punishment after the abolition of Republic Act 7659 of the death penalty.

Ocampo was quickly brought out of the courtroom by jail guards after the reading of the verdict, while his lawyers, Hector Fernandez and son, Vicente II, said they would file a motion for reconsideration next week.

http://www.mb.com.ph/PROV2006092074946.html

Another cop :bs:

Posted Image

Justice for Daniel Lorenz Jacinto

HELP END PIRACY NOW!:
http://www.itfseafarers.org/petition.cfm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Philippine National Police · Next Topic »
Add Reply