| Welcome to Philippines Defense Forces Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Join our community! If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features: |
| The Kalayaan, Panatag & other disputed islands; Future conflict zones? | |
|---|---|
| Tweet Topic Started: Feb 2 2005, 08:00 PM (156,060 Views) | |
| israeli | Jun 8 2011, 10:05 PM Post #641 |
![]()
|
Palace insists Chinese ships 'intruded' into PHL territory AMITA O. LEGASPI, GMA News 06/08/2011 | 03:38 PM Malacañang on Wednesday maintained its earlier stance on the alleged intrusion of Chinese vessels into Philippine territory in the South China Sea, despite calls from Chinese authorities to put a stop to such "irresponsible claims." More of the article here. |
| "To secure peace is to prepare for war." - Carl Von Clausewitz | |
![]() |
|
| Vermonter | Jun 9 2011, 12:22 AM Post #642 |
|
Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
ASIA PACIFIC Date Posted: 08-Jun-2011 Jane's Defence Weekly -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ASEAN divided on China maritime dispute Trefor Moss JDW Correspondent Singapore Key Points ■ The Philippines and Vietnam used the Shangri-La Dialogue to complain about recent incursions into their EEZs by Chinese naval vessels ■ Malaysia broke with its ASEAN partners at the annual meeting in Singapore by describing China as a 'benign force' in the region A policy rift has emerged among members of the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) about how to deal with China's military rise and Beijing's claims to areas of the South China Sea that are disputed by several ASEAN members. Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak, addressing the Shangri-La Dialogue security summit in Singapore on 3 June, insisted that China was a "benign force" and its rise be approached in a spirit of optimism. However, representatives of other ASEAN states were far more critical of what they regarded as recent instances of Chinese aggression near the Spratly Islands: a disputed chain of mostly uninhabited reefs and atolls. Philippine Defence Secretary Voltaire Tuvera Gazmin told delegates that the aggressive actions of certain states were "unnecessarily creating insecurity". He was referring to an incident in which a Chinese naval vessel reportedly opened fire on the Philippine fishing vessels that discovered it unloading building materials on Amy Douglas Reef, which falls within the Philippines' 200 n mile exclusive economic zone (EEZ). All claimants to disputed parts of the South China Sea, including China, signed a declaration of conduct in 2002 in which they undertook to refrain from building on uninhabited areas. A Philippine government source told Jane's that the Chinese action seemed a clear violation of that agreement. Lieutenant General Phung Quang Thanh, the Vietnamese defence minister, also criticised Chinese aggression in the South China Sea, describing an incident in late May in which a Chinese vessel cut the cables of a Vietnamese surveillance ship operating "well within Vietnam's 200 n mile EEZ". He warned against any repetition of the incident. The two ministers made their criticisms in the presence of their Chinese counterpart, General Liang Guanglie, who had earlier attempted to allay fears by speaking of China's determination to co-operate with its Asian neighbours and to avoid conflict. Yet Gen Liang chose not to discuss the Philippine and Vietnamese complaints specifically, causing many of the Southeast Asian delegates at the Shangri-La Dialogue to ask whether a gap was emerging between the actions and rhetoric of the Chinese military with regard to maritime disputes. About 300 people protested against China's increased activities in the Spratly Islands and other disputed areas in the South China Sea during a demonstration near the Chinese Embassy in Hanoi on 5 June. (PA Photos) 1438431 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Copyright © IHS Global Limited, 2011 www.janes.com |
![]() |
|
| edwin | Jun 9 2011, 12:27 AM Post #643 |
|
Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
The only option and the best one to do is to improve our military weapons system.. We cannot befriend those claimants because they too have their own interest in Spratly Area.. Such diplomatic approach by Philippine goverment will never be respected as long those claimant countries are interestred in having a big part or whole of Spratley area, besides knowing by our neighbors that our Military is pathetically weak.. The only diplomatic approach we can ensure that will be respected by other claimant of Spratley is for the Philippines to enhanced the capability of its Armed Forces particularly the Air Force and Navy sending the message we have enough means to protect our territorial water and airspace..
|
![]() It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and reality of tomorrow. | |
![]() |
|
| AVBsupersonic | Jun 9 2011, 12:52 AM Post #644 |
|
Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Very True Bro!
|
| "Some are just lucky that they're not under oath and are not classified!"- Blue badge | |
![]() |
|
| Real Macoy | Jun 9 2011, 01:12 AM Post #645 |
|
Trainee
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
I second that! Our Media people in particular should undergo a more logical training that teaches them how to do a more properly detailed research in order to achieve an accurate article reporting. Any negative inaccurate reporting can result to a disaster and embarassment just like the Identification of the previous report regarding the alleged air intrusion. |
![]() |
|
| Ascendancy | Jun 9 2011, 04:58 PM Post #646 |
|
Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
China is going to conduct a naval exercise later this month http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/artic...1f0d36d57e2.7d1 |
![]() |
|
| AVBsupersonic | Jun 9 2011, 05:41 PM Post #647 |
|
Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Maybe in response to CARAT 2011 held in PALAWAN. Our PN, Marines, PAF should be cautious when this happens they must be able to stand guard of our EEZ territories particularly REED Bank areas and observe their Military Naval drill exercise, they might use this opportunity to use Trawlers to carry materials and start building their OIL RIG inside our EEZ Territories.
|
| "Some are just lucky that they're not under oath and are not classified!"- Blue badge | |
![]() |
|
| TonyStark2020 | Jun 9 2011, 06:14 PM Post #648 |
|
Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Bakit hindi nalang kasi diretsohin natin ang China na ang isyu ngayon eh yung mga intrusions at harassment nila sa mainland EEZ territory natin sa West Palawan! Iyon sa Spratly ibang usapan dapat at may agreement na sila doon kasama ang ibang claimants diba? Kupal talaga mga taga ProC! |
| I AM NOT PINOY, "I AM A FILIPINO" There is a BiG difference! | |
![]() |
|
| AVBsupersonic | Jun 9 2011, 07:33 PM Post #649 |
|
Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
They always deny their wrong doing and trying to make us LIARS to the eyes of the International Community. We must make sure any present and future operations in those areas whether it's Private or Military, make it a point that they all carry video cameras with them even mobile phone cameras for us to have proofs of any incident. |
| "Some are just lucky that they're not under oath and are not classified!"- Blue badge | |
![]() |
|
| AVBsupersonic | Jun 9 2011, 08:03 PM Post #650 |
|
Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Philippines: Reed Bank is ours By Willard Cheng, ABS-CBN News Posted at 06/09/2011 7:10 PM | Updated as of 06/09/2011 7:10 PM MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines on Thursday maintained its ownership of Reed Bank, amid a reported call of China to all claimants of the Spratly Islands stop all forms of explorations in the South China Sea. Malacañang said oil exploration should continue in non-disputed areas or areas owned by the Philippines, including Reed Bank. “Number one, we will have to confer with the Department of Energy and with the Department of Foreign Affairs with respect to the disputed areas. With respect to the non-disputed areas, we have every reason to do our exploration there because it’s ours. There should be no issue as to our sovereign right to explore our own natural resources,” presidential spokesperson Edwin Lacierda told reporters in Malacañang. The Philippines stood by its statements on the recent incidents in the South China Sea, even after a statement from the spokesperson of the Chinese Foreign Ministry, demanding that the Philippines “stop unilateral actions that damage China’s sovereignty and interests at sea… and stop issuing irresponsible comments that are inconsistent with facts.” “Well, ‘yun ang kanilang pananaw. Ang aming pananaw, ang sinabi po ni Sec. Voltz Gazmin, it’s a very responsible statement. We believe that we are asserting only what we claim is ours in our sovereign capacity… Dapat po walang question sa Western Palawan, sa Reed Bank, ito po ay atin, kasi ito ay 80 nautical miles po from Palawan in contrast to them which is about over 400 or a little less than 500 nautical miles from them. So obviously ito po ay ating inaangkin noon pa and was never considered disputed,” Lacierda said. Amid all these, the Philippines remains committed to having the issue resolved peacefully and diplomatically. Lacierda said the situation is not worsening as all claimants remain committed to a peaceful resolution to the conflict. He said the Department of Foreign Affairs continue to be in touch with Chinese Embassy officials in Manila. “What we believe and what we strongly would like to see is the peaceful resolution in this area. China obviously has their claimed of the 9-dash line. We obviously dispute that so we would rather have a peaceful dialogue be undertaken by the various claimants on the South China Sea, not just between the Philippines and China, but also the other claimants of the area, for instance Vietnam and the other countries,” Lacierda said. The date for President Aquino’s state visit to China has not yet been finalized but Aquino is expected to take up the Spratlys issue with his Chinese counterparts. “Well, again, we don’t have a firm schedule yet on China. The DFA would be handling that but definitely the President has been apprised of the situation and in the proper time, the President will relay to the Chinese officials, his counterpart, as to the conduct and attitude of the Philippines and the stand of the Philippines on that matter,” Lacierda said. http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/06/09/11...-reed-bank-ours
|
| "Some are just lucky that they're not under oath and are not classified!"- Blue badge | |
![]() |
|
| 2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous) | |
| Go to Next Page | |
| « Previous Topic · West Philippine Sea · Next Topic » |







![]](http://z1.ifrm.com/static/1/pip_r.png)

8:31 AM Jul 11