| Welcome to Philippines Defense Forces Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Join our community! If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features: |
| The Kalayaan, Panatag & other disputed islands; Future conflict zones? | |
|---|---|
| Tweet Topic Started: Feb 2 2005, 08:00 PM (155,954 Views) | |
| Real Macoy | Apr 23 2012, 06:19 PM Post #1701 |
|
Trainee
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
China to Phl: We've acted with restraint By Pia Lee-Brago (The Philippine Star) Updated April 23, 2012 12:00 AM Comments (16) MANILA, Philippines - Even as more Chinese ships were deployed to Panatag (Scarborough) Shoal, China yesterday denied aggravating the situation and said it has been exercising “restraint” as its naval assets have not been sent. Chinese embassy spokesman Zhang Hua said the Chinese ships deployed in Scarborough are for fishery administration and law enforcement. He said one surveillance ship has left the area. “We have been very restrained up until now. One of our surveillance ships has left,” Zhang said in a text message to The STAR. A Chinese fishery and maritime law enforcement ship – considered the most advanced in its class – arrived in the shoal 124 nautical miles off Masinloc, Zambales and linked up with another Chinese vessel that was involved in a standoff with a Philippine Coast Guard search and rescue vessel. The newly arrived ship is the biggest so far that was deployed by China in asserting its claim to the shoal, which is well within the Philippines’ 200-mile exclusive economic zone. The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) earlier said China’s action to deploy more ships aggravated the situation even after Secretary Albert del Rosario and Chinese Ambassador Ma Keqing had agreed to “no surprises order” so as not to increase the tension between the two countries. “We did not aggravate the situation at all. First, it is China’s territory. Second, it is the Philippine Navy that pointed their guns at our fishermen. We have not sent our Navy yet, but only civilian ships,” Zhang pointed out. Confident that the world is watching China’s behavior in the shoal, the Philippines declared on Friday it will “unilaterally” bring up the issue before the International Tribunal on the Law of the Sea (ITLOS) to resolve the territorial dispute should Beijing refuse to join Manila in submitting the claims and defending their respective positions before the United Nations-backed tribunal. more- Philippine Star Headlines ------------------------------------- China's people are so brainwashed that they cannot even understand what is wrong with their thought process. They will one sidedly decide their own territorial boundaries no matter what other countries say… Invade other countries by hook or by crook and steal their territory, and actually believe they are in the right! The modern day "Somali Pirates" of the western part of the Pacific. No different from their North Korean buddies way of thinking... They do not value international law and stability, they would rather plunge the world into chaos than compromise, especially with smaller countries. They would take the great works of modern man and burn them in their quest for territorial conquest, talks are simply pearls before swine. |
![]() |
|
| seWer Rat | Apr 23 2012, 06:35 PM Post #1702 |
|
amateur sewer cleaner
![]()
|
azkal, what's the story behind that burning Chinese fishing vessel? |
| To avoid criticism, write nothing, say nothing, do nothing, BE NOTHING. | |
![]() |
|
| AZKALS | Apr 23 2012, 07:35 PM Post #1703 |
![]()
|
Wrong Post, deleted already ...
|
|
| |
![]() |
|
| Mckoyzzz | Apr 24 2012, 12:33 AM Post #1704 |
|
Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
![]()
|
China de-escalates situation in Huangyan Island by withdrawing two vessels English.news.cn 2012-04-23 20:53:45 MANILA, April 23 (Xinhua) -- China is de-escalating the situation in Huangyan Island in South China Sea by withdrawing two law enforcement vessels, Zhang Hua, spokesman of Chinese Embassy in the Philippines said on Monday. Two Chinese vessels, a Fishery Administration ship "Yuzheng 310 " and a Chinese Maritime Surveillance ship No. 084, have already left the Huangyan Island area by Sunday, Zhang said. "There is only one Maritime Surveillance ship remaining in the Huangyan Island area for its law enforcement mission." "The withdrawal of the two ships proves once again China is not escalating the situation as some people said, but de-escalating the situation," the spokesman said. The maritime standoff between the Chinese and the Philippine vessels in the Huangyan Island area has lasted for two weeks. Some Philippine officials and media said that China is deploying more surveillance and paramilitary ships to the Huangyan Island. "China is ready to settle this incident through friendly diplomatic consultations," Zhang added. Liu Weimin, spokesman for Chinese foreign ministry, has said that Huangyan Island is integral part of Chinese territory and China has indisputable sovereignty over the island. news.xihuanet.com |
![]() "Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong -- Dandemis" | |
![]() |
|
| Ayoshi | Apr 24 2012, 02:31 AM Post #1705 |
![]()
|
Philippines warns neighbours about China Philippine President Benigno Aquino warned his country's neighbours on Monday they should fear Beijing's growing aggressiveness over its claims in the South China Sea. Aquino stressed China's territorial claims spanned a huge area and were getting "closer and closer" to the Philippine archipelago. "They claim this entire body of water practically. Look at what is excluded and what they are claiming," Aquino told reporters as he pointed to a map of the area. "So how can the others not be fearful of what is transpiring?" Aquino's comments came shortly after his government said it would raise an increasingly tense dispute with China over the Scarborough Shoal at a high-level bilateral meeting with the US next week. Manila and Beijing have been locked in a standoff over Scarborough, a group of islands in the South China Sea, since Chinese vessels blocked Philippine attempts to arrest eight Chinese fishing boats' crews earlier this month. Aquino said Scarborough was within the Philippines' internationally recognised exclusive economic zone and questioned China's historical basis for its claims. "Its like (their claims) are getting closer and closer" to shore, he said. The shoal is about 230 kilometres (140 miles) from the Philippines' main island of Luzon, while the nearest Chinese land mass is Hainan province 1,200 kilometres to the northwest, according to Philippine naval maps. READ MORE >>> |
![]() |
|
| pachador | Apr 24 2012, 04:56 AM Post #1706 |
![]()
|
The battleship flagship of BFAR is now in Baja Scarburo. its the MV DA-BFAR
|
![]() |
|
| pachador | Apr 24 2012, 05:21 AM Post #1707 |
![]()
|
my mistake, it should be one of the 35-meter BFAR vessels that was sent. |
![]() |
|
| InkognitoAce | Apr 24 2012, 07:52 AM Post #1708 |
|
Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Aquino should be building up alliances to ensure the safety of the Philippines. After all, China can pressure the Philippines a lot. |
|
"Once abolish the God, and the government becomes the God." (G. K. Chesterton) "Justice forbids, and reason itself forbids, the State to be godless; or to adopt a line of action which would end in godlessness, namely to treat the various religions (as they call them) alike, and to bestow upon them promiscuously equal rights and privileges." (Pope Leo XIII) | |
![]() |
|
| AZKALS | Apr 24 2012, 08:00 AM Post #1709 |
![]()
|
Your 1st post is the correct one, it is the 60 meter MV DA-BFAR that has arrive at Panatag Shoal to show the flag and to support the PCG vessel BRP Pampanga, the 35 meter BFAR or PCG vessels are too small for the sea conditions out there ... http://globalnation.inquirer.net/34503/aqu...-are-our-waters http://www.interaksyon.com/article/30134/a...-a-show-of-flag |
|
| |
![]() |
|
| AZKALS | Apr 24 2012, 02:30 PM Post #1710 |
![]()
|
The maritime standoff between China and the Philippines around Scarborough Shoal continues for the 15th straight days and shows no signs of ending anytime soon ... http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/331982/201...m#disqus_thread |
|
| |
![]() |
|
| 2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous) | |
| Go to Next Page | |
| « Previous Topic · West Philippine Sea · Next Topic » |




![]](http://z1.ifrm.com/static/1/pip_r.png)





of BFAR is now in Baja Scarburo. its the MV DA-BFAR
8:30 AM Jul 11