| Welcome to Philippines Defense Forces Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Join our community! If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features: |
| The Kalayaan, Panatag & other disputed islands; Future conflict zones? | |
|---|---|
| Tweet Topic Started: Feb 2 2005, 08:00 PM (155,958 Views) | |
| Ayoshi | Apr 19 2012, 09:24 PM Post #1661 |
![]()
|
Yuzheng 310 The 2,580-ton vessel, with a highest speed of 22 nautical miles (40.7 kilometers) per hour and a cruising radius of 6,000 nautical miles, can carry 56 people aboard and sail 60 days nonstop. Equipped with modern communication apparatus and a Z-9A helicopter. SOURCE --- from my observation and picture above this ship of its class is also armed with weapons. I tried to search from the net what kind of armaments it carries. But unfortunately no results. We should be aware if this ship can cause danger to our PCG ship. Although we are already outnumbered 3 to 1. |
![]() |
|
| TonyStark2020 | Apr 19 2012, 09:52 PM Post #1662 |
|
Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Dapat naka istambay na sa malapit strategically ang PN Ships natin like the Jacinto or GDP, eto na mukhang papuputukan na tayo at paalisin.... Attention PH Govt.! Mag deploy kayo ng Civilian Maritime vessel na may kasamang International Media to cover and witness China's bullying, abusing their small neighbors territorial rights and sovereignty.
|
| I AM NOT PINOY, "I AM A FILIPINO" There is a BiG difference! | |
![]() |
|
| spearhead | Apr 20 2012, 12:00 AM Post #1663 |
|
DoctorNO, Your Neutral Observer.
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
China have just proved to the world that they have no legal basis to own the Scarborough Shoal as they ignored the Philippines' request to settle this to international tribunal! Small victory for the philippines! Philippines ignores China demand to quit shoal
|
"Men of War must learn the art of numbers or he will not know how to array his troops." - Plato![]() ![]() | |
![]() |
|
| spearhead | Apr 20 2012, 01:29 AM Post #1664 |
|
DoctorNO, Your Neutral Observer.
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Mga militante,sumugod sa Chinese Embassy para iprotesta ang pagmamatigas ng China http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT2Vc4nkqCs [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT2Vc4nkqCs[/YOUTUBE] |
"Men of War must learn the art of numbers or he will not know how to array his troops." - Plato![]() ![]() | |
![]() |
|
| THE_NEWS_MAN | Apr 20 2012, 03:57 AM Post #1665 |
|
Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
China deploys gunboat China has dispatched a powerful military vessel in the South China Sea after rejecting a Philippine proposal to submit the Panatag Shoal dispute, now on its 10th day, to international arbitration, Chinese media reported Thursday. The English-language China Daily based in Beijing said China’s most advanced fishing patrol vessel, the Yuzheng 310, had been sent to protect Chinese fishermen in the region, which Manila calls the West Philippine Sea. The newspaper, regarded as a guide to official Chinese policy, said that Beijing’s latest moves underscored its “determination to protect its maritime interests in response to Manila’s refusal to withdraw ships from Chinese waters.” Yuzheng 310, described as the fastest fishery administration vessel, left Guangzhou on the Pearl River just outside Hong Kong Wednesday morning for an undisclosed place in the South China Sea, it said. 10 fishing boats The newspaper said that earlier on Sunday, Yuzheng 44061 left Zhanjiang port in Guangdong province to patrol waters around the Spratlys (which Beijing calls the Nansha Islands), which are being claimed in whole or in part by the Philippines and China and four other countries. The official Xinhua News Agency said 10 boats were still fishing in the general area of Panatag, according to a Voice of America report. “Beijing’s decision to send more patrol ships is a necessary and justified step to show strength,” China Daily said, quoting analysts. “The move also sends the message to Manila that Beijing does not make concessions after China has shown patience and sincerity to avert the situation from deteriorating,” the daily quoted an analyst at the China Foundation for International and Strategic Studies. source |
![]() |
|
| spearhead | Apr 20 2012, 07:40 AM Post #1666 |
|
DoctorNO, Your Neutral Observer.
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Official statement of DFA: The Philippine position on Bajo de Masinloc and the waters within its vicinity April 20, 2012 4:41am http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/25555...in-its-vicinity BACKGROUND ON THE BAJO DE MASINLOC (PANATAG) INCIDENT Bajo de Masinloc is an integral part of the Philippine territory. It is part of the Municipality of Masinloc, Province of Zambales. It is located 124 nautical miles west of Zambales and is within the 200 nautical-mile Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) and Philippine Continental Shelf. A Philippine Navy Surveillance aircraft monitored eight (8) Chinese fishing vessels anchored inside the Bajo de Masinloc (Panatag Shoal) on Sunday, 8 April 2012, in the conduct of its maritime patrols and its enforcement of the Philippine Fisheries Code and marine environment laws. On 10 April 2012, the BRP Gregorio del Pilar, in accordance with the established Rules of Engagement, dispatched an inspection team that reported that large amounts of illegally collected corals, giant clams and live sharks were found in the compartments of these fishing vessels. The actions of the Chinese fishing vessels are a serious violation of the Philippines’ sovereignty and maritime jurisdiction. The poaching of endangered marine resources is in violation of the Fisheries Code and the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Flora and Fauna (CITES).
|
"Men of War must learn the art of numbers or he will not know how to array his troops." - Plato![]() ![]() | |
![]() |
|
| AZKALS | Apr 20 2012, 08:00 AM Post #1667 |
![]()
|
Protest was held yesterday in front of China's consular bldg. in Makati ...
|
|
| |
![]() |
|
| arvcab | Apr 20 2012, 10:39 AM Post #1668 |
|
Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
3 foreign ships seen in Scarborough http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/04/19/12...een-scarborough MANILA, Philippines - Three unknown fishing vessels were seen at Scarborough Shoal on Wednesday, a military official said. The Armed Forces is still verifying if the ships belong to China. "Their nationality is unknown," said Armed Forces Northern Luzon Command (Nolcom) chief Lt. Gen. Anthony Alcantara. "I have no specifics if they are inside or outside the lagoon. That's the summary of the report to me - that there are three vessels there. These are not Filipino vessels," he added. He said a small vote with an outrigger was spotted outside the lagoon while another boat was inside. "We saw them yesterday and it was reported (to me) just today. The issue is we saw them," Alcantara said. He said Philippine troops did not board the foreign vessels. Alcantara did not explain the reason why. Coast Guard spokesman Lt. Cmdr. Algier Ricafrente, meanwhile, kept mum on the 3 foreign ships. He said the Coast Guard is forwarding all information it gathers to the Department of Foreign Affairs. "If Nolcom is releasing that information, then let's ask Nolcom because there is a standing order to us that it is only the DFA that should be releasing official statements on this issue. The directive to us is to forward any incident report to the DFA for appropriate statement. If Nolcom is releasing something, then ask them but on the part of the Coast Guard we just forward reports to the DFA for release of appropriate information," Ricafrente said. Two Chinese maritime surveillance vessels and the Philippine Coast Guard's BRP Edsa Dos are still in the area. The M/Y Sarangani, a Philippine archeological reaserch ship that was allegedly harassed by Chinese aircraft and ships, has left area."They left yesterday. Maybe because they've completed their research," Alcantara said. "As far as |I know, there is no threat on them. They were taken cared of by our Coast Guard," he added. |
![]() |
|
| truegrit | Apr 20 2012, 11:18 AM Post #1669 |
![]()
|
Can we formed a CAFGU Maritime Group to secure these Shoals, Lagoons and Islets inside our EEZ? It will be a Security Multiplier for the Coast Guard and Navy... How about a Maritime Security Contractor guarding explorations & private research vessels? |
![]() |
|
| paratorpe | Apr 20 2012, 11:42 AM Post #1670 |
|
Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Let them shoot the phil coast guard, the international community is watching. While the coast guard should get evidence like videos of the ongoing illegal fishing. |
|
Modernization should prioritize: Patrol Ships with air/sub/ship detection, fast & lightly armed for Navy. Surface Attack Aircraft with anti ship/sub attack capability for Airforce. SAM with Radars, Close AA battery capable of shooting ground targets too for Army. This triangle defense will work together and protect us from external threats. | |
![]() |
|
| 2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous) | |
| Go to Next Page | |
| « Previous Topic · West Philippine Sea · Next Topic » |







![]](http://z1.ifrm.com/static/1/pip_r.png)


8:30 AM Jul 11