Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Philippines Defense Forces Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
The Kalayaan, Panatag & other disputed islands; Future conflict zones?
Topic Started: Feb 2 2005, 08:00 PM (155,965 Views)
Real Macoy
Trainee
[ *  * ]
We should be looking at not far India considering we have a very long and good trade relations with them as well.
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
AVBsupersonic
Member Avatar
Member
[ *  *  * ]
Stalemate remains in Scarborough dispute

Quote:
 
Agence France Presse
Posted at 04/15/2012 3:59 PM | Updated as of 04/15/2012 7:11 PM


MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines said Sunday it remained locked in a stalemate with China over a disputed shoal in the South China Sea.

The statement came a day after the Philippine side reported that two Chinese vessels remained in Scarborough Shoal, just as the week-old standoff appeared to have eased.

Eight Chinese fishing vessels which sparked the standoff however had already left the area.

"The stalemate remains. Both sides are in touch with each other," Department of Foreign Affairs spokesman Raul Hernandez said in a brief statement.

He said Foreign Secretary Albert del Rosario left Sunday for a week-long trip to the United States, and negotiations would be taken over by one of his top aides.

The crisis started on April 8 when the Philippines found the eight Chinese fishing boats in the area, which the Philippines claims as its territory.

A Philippine navy warship was deployed there to arrest the Chinese fishermen for illegal poaching, but China sent three civilian surveillance vessels and took turns blocking the ship.

Manila pulled back the naval warship from the area on Thursday and the tension further eased Saturday after the Chinese fishing vessels laden with their catch and escorted by two surveillance ships had already left the area.

But as the Philippines prepared to welcome the positive development, it subsequently reported Beijing had sent back one of the two maritime vessels and a Chinese aircraft made flybys above the lone Philippine vessel.

Manila also said the Chinese harassed a Philippine-registered vessel conducting a scientific survey.

Among those aboard the vessel were nine French citizens helping to conduct an "archaeological survey" in the area, though the foreign department did not elaborate further.

The military has said a Philippine coast guard vessel remains near the shoal, about 230 kilometers (140 miles) west of the country's main island of Luzon, monitoring Chinese activity.



Don't know how can they call this a "stalemate" when the fact that the Chinese are none stop making their illegal moves inside our own territory which should be unacceptable, they are five, six steps ahead of us giving our Country "continuous humiliation!"
"Some are just lucky that they're not under oath and are not classified!"- Blue badge
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
AVBsupersonic
Member Avatar
Member
[ *  *  * ]
China, hindi raw gagamit ng military force laban sa PHL
Date posted: Apr 15, 2012 7:08pm


http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/video/11647...ce-laban-sa-phl

Maybe because they don't see the need since it only took (2) CHR White Boats to get rid of the PN's PF-15... ouch! :exactly: :headbang:
"Some are just lucky that they're not under oath and are not classified!"- Blue badge
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
THE_NEWS_MAN
Member
[ *  *  * ]
Philippines asks China: Stop all incursions in West Philippine Sea now

MANILA, Philippines—Expressing grave concern over repeated Chinese fishing incursions in the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea), the Department of Foreign Affairs asked China to “stop all intrusions and respect our territorial sovereignty and sovereign rights.”
DFA spokesman Raul Hernandez said Sunday “we want them to stop all intrusions,” and stressed that amid efforts to cool tensions, Manila was still considering Beijing its “close neighbor and friend, as well as a solid partner.”
“We will continue our strategic and comprehensive engagement with China for the benefit of our peoples,” Hernandez told the Philippine Daily Inquirer.
Stalemate
At the same time, the DFA acknowledged that the Philippines remained locked in a stalemate with China over a disputed shoal in the South China Sea.
“The stalemate remains. Both sides are in touch with each other,” Hernandez said in a brief statement.
He said Foreign Secretary Albert del Rosario left Sunday for a week-long trip to the United States, and negotiations would be taken over by one of his top aides.
On Monday, the Philippines and the United States are due to begin joint annual war games to boost its military alliance amid fears of China’s growing power in the region.
Local military officials said some of the maneuvers would take place off the southwestern island of Palawan close to the disputed West Philippine Sea waters, but sought to downplay fears they could further add to the Scarborough tension.
“The Balikatan (shoulder to shoulder) exercises are in no way related to an event like that of the Scarborough Shoal,” said Major Emmanuel Garcia, spokesman for the Philippine contingent.
“We had long planned for this and the focus would be on improving security, counter terrorism and humanitarian and disaster response.”
Presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said in a statement the government hoped China would not be alarmed by the exercises.
“We are hoping that this will not result in provocation,” Ms. Valte said.
Diplomatic resolution
She said that while Manila maintained jurisdiction over the shoal, it remained committed to resolving the issue in a diplomatic manner.
Earlier, the DFA official brushed aside media reports about Manila’s worsening relations with Beijing, stressing that the West Philippine Sea dispute was “not the sum total of Philippines-China relations.”
The foreign office has repeatedly said the Philippine government is “committed to resolving the Spratlys conflict through a peaceful, diplomatic and rules-based approach, and to keeping the communication lines with China open.”
On Sunday, Hernandez disclosed “talks with China will continue” to ease tensions between the two countries.
But he has yet to comment on Senator Gregorio Honasan’s call for the Philippines to enlist the help of the United States and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean) to stop Chinese incursions on Philippine territory.
Aside from the Philippines, the 10-member Asean includes Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Brunei Darussalam.
Honasan said the Philippines should not consider as a victory the withdrawal of the Chinese fishing vessels from the disputed Scarborough Shoal in the West Philippine Sea, because they got to keep their illegal catch.
Honasan commended the DFA for trying to resolve the standoff through diplomatic means. But he warned that the incident “will not be the last.”
He said a better course of action next time would be for the government to immediately report incursions to the US, Asean or the United Nations.
On Friday, eight Chinese fishing boats and a surveillance ship involved in a standoff with the Philippines reportedly left the disputed Scarborough Shoal, easing tensions between Manila and Beijing.
But the tensions spiked again the following day after China sent back a surveillance vessel to the shoal and a Chinese aircraft flew over a Philippine Coast Guard vessel facing off a Chinese ship in the area.
It was not clear why Beijing sent back the civilian vessel to Scarborough.
Hours after reporting that all but one Chinese ship had left the waters off the shoal, Foreign Affairs Secretary Albert del Rosario said one of the larger vessels later returned.
A Chinese ship also harassed a Philippine-registered vessel conducting a scientific survey, Del Rosario said without elaborating.
The local ship reportedly had nine French nationals aboard doing archaeological surveys of the waters in the area.
The DFA head said the latest developments came despite his agreement with Chinese Ambassador Ma Keqing not to take any action that would escalate tensions in the West Philippine Sea.

Source

hmmmmmmmmm how can a semi super power listen to us?!if we are just firing blank bullets towards them?!?!
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
THE_NEWS_MAN
Member
[ *  *  * ]
Sentor urges Philippines to tap Asean in diplomatic offensive with China

MANILA, Philippines—Armed with only a refurbished US Coast Guard Cutter and a handful of aging Navy ships, the Philippines should assert its sovereignty over the West Philippine Sea by “seriously” engaging in a “diplomatic offensive” against China, Senator Joker Arroyo said on Sunday.
According to the senator, the country should see the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean), of which the country is the founding member, as the main battleground to resolve, diplomatically, the conflicting claims over the South China Sea.
“Be very careful about this (issue),” said the senator, when interviewed over Radio dzBB.
Arroyo was wary that the Spratlys and Scarborough Shoal could go the way of Sabah, which was taken over by Malaysia although it formed part of the territory of the Sultanate of Sulu prior to the formation of the Malaysian federation in 1963.
“Once upon a time, we had a claim to Sabah (but) we lost it to Malaysia. With the situation now, after a couple of years, (Spratlys and Scarborough Shoal) might end up in the hands of China. So we must be very careful with this. Still, the question is what should we do?”
Arroyo noted the silence of the top guns of Washington, D.C., on the latest standoff between Manila and Beijing over Scarborough Shoal, where eight Chinese vessels were caught poaching in territorial waters of the Philippines last week.
He interpreted this to mean that the Obama administration was sensitive to American public opinion which, he said, had grown tired of the US being the global police, and thus had no more appetite for another war.
Arroyo said that Malacañang should take advantage of the easing of tensions between Beijing and Manila.
But this time, instead of forever depending on the security umbrella being extended by Washington to its small allies, the Philippines should tap regional alliances such as the Asean for help.
“We should take this (latest standoff) seriously. In Asean, we should have a diplomatic offensive to persuade” Asean members to aggressively intervene, said the senator.

Source

ayan na ang pagcocompare sa atin sa egypt lol gus2 puro hinge hinge hinge e kng maglabas kaya sila nang mnga pork barrel nila at nang budget de hinde tayo magmumukang the beggars of asia.
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
Zero wing
Member Avatar
ZAFT Sepcial Forces Operative for SEA
[ *  *  * ]
This is a sign that we should be ready for anything and that the old allegiances are dead are gone we should prepare for anything congress should speed up the Modernization plans and double our reserves he have a lot of jobless people here make use of them for the Military and the civilian sector that would be later be of help to us if hostilities should break up and buy more items that can be more use to us.
"No sacrifice is too great in the service of freedom."

“As long as we are not willing to provide an adequate, suitable and capable defense for this country, we will be oppressed, demeaned and dishonored. We will be the stepping mat of every country in this region,”(Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile)

“Just because we are a very weak country militarily, we should not be taken advantage of by more powerful countries" (Senate committee on national defense and security chairman Panfilo Lacson)
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
AVBsupersonic
Member Avatar
Member
[ *  *  * ]
Quote:
 
Sen. Arroyo noted the silence of the top guns of Washington, D.C., on the latest standoff between Manila and Beijing over Scarborough Shoal, where eight Chinese vessels were caught poaching in territorial waters of the Philippines last week.
He interpreted this to mean that the Obama administration was sensitive to American public opinion which, he said, had grown tired of the US being the global police, and thus had no more appetite for another war.


Ok maybe we should get in touch, reach out to those 3 million Fil-Ams in the US to pressure Mr. Obama.. that will also be like 3 million voters as well, maybe the Chinese had anticipated this scenarios reasons for the US reaction of silence... :dunno:
"Some are just lucky that they're not under oath and are not classified!"- Blue badge
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
Mckoyzzz
Member Avatar
Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
PDFF Mod Group
Gen. Dellosa says Scarborough Shoals incident highlighted need for more modern naval, air assets
Posted by admin on Apr 15, 2012 in Main News

MANILA, April 15 (PNA) — The almost six-day maritime standoff between the Philippines and China at Scarborough Shoals demonstrated the immediate need of the country to acquire more modern naval and aircraft which are capable of defending Philippine territories, Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) chief-of-staff Gen. Jessie Dellosa said on Saturday.

“We need these equipment in order for us to address these intrusions,” he added.

Dellosa stressed that incidents like these are the primary reason why the AFP is batting hard to acquire modern military equipment so that the Philippines can build a credible defense force.

“Our military upgrade and modernization program is continuing. We need more naval and air assets to protect our own territory,” the AFP chief added.

But as these acquisitions take time to mature, Dellosa said that the AFP will continue performing its mandate to protect the country from intruders encroaching on its territory.

As of this moment, the Philippine Navy is still operating several World War II vintage vessels, albeit this is now being fleshed by the acquisition of the Peacock class patrol corvettes from Great Britain, Cyclone patrol craft from the United States, and a dozen multi-purpose patrol craft from local sources and South Korea.

Another Hamilton class cutter, possibly the USS Dallas, is expected to arrive this year and help its sister, the now BRP Gregorio Del Pilar (PF-15) in conducting sovereignty patrol in the West Philippine Sea.

Also in the pipeline for the Philippine Air Force are six possible fighter aircraft, which will give the command a minimal interception and attack capability, two C-130 cargo aircraft, and four more units of the Sokol W3-A combat utility helicopter of which four units are now being operated by the PAF’s 205th Helicopter Wing. (PNA)RSV/PFN/rsm

positivenewsmedia.com
Posted Image
"Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong -- Dandemis"
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
truegrit


its says that a possible acquisition of 6 fighter jets daw? its more than 6 months now of saying this possible .... dapat nung December pa sila nag-finalize to acquire that 6 fighter jets. I wonder kung ano ito? is it the SAA or the LIFT?
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
spearhead
Member Avatar
DoctorNO, Your Neutral Observer.
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Once a proud asian nation, now finding herself sinking helplessly.

It's really about time to look for another nation such as India for military alliance. We can't just waste more time and another embarassment waiting to happen anytime soon.
"Men of War must learn the art of numbers or he will not know how to array his troops." - Plato

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Offline Profile Goto Top
 
2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · West Philippine Sea · Next Topic »
Locked Topic