| Welcome to Philippines Defense Forces Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Join our community! If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features: |
| The Kalayaan, Panatag & other disputed islands; Future conflict zones? | |
|---|---|
| Tweet Topic Started: Feb 2 2005, 08:00 PM (155,971 Views) | |
| Rapidfire | Apr 13 2012, 07:34 PM Post #1531 |
|
Professional Toy Gun Technician
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
I see, OK I get it now. I think this will be over by tomorrow. |
![]() |
|
| astro_boy2005 | Apr 13 2012, 08:14 PM Post #1532 |
|
Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Sayang lang pinunta ng PH Coastguard, dapat bumalik na lang sya sa pampang kase wala naman syang nahuling mga intsik. Well better luck next time, ganyan talaga ang gobyerno ng Republika ng Pilipinas. Mabagal ang aksyun, puro dada at sa huli magsisisihan pag tapos na.
|
![]() |
|
| THE_NEWS_MAN | Apr 13 2012, 08:25 PM Post #1533 |
|
Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
No end yet to Scarborough standoff Del Rosario to meet Chinese ambassador again MANILA (UPDATE) - China withdrew one of three ships engaged in a standoff with Philippines vessels in a disputed area of the South China Sea on Friday, further easing tension as diplomats pursued efforts to at a solution. A Philippine warship was withdrawn from the area on Thursday and replaced by a coast guard vessel. But the row underscores broader tension extending back decades over jurisdiction in areas in the South China believed to be rich in oil and gas and crossed by major shipping lanes. "China's embassy in Manila informed us they have a different mission for one of the three ships," Raul Hernandez, Philippine foreign affairs spokesman, told a local radio on Friday. Philippine Foreign Affairs Secretary Alberto del Rosario said both sides put forward proposals to resolve the dispute, but no agreement had yet been reached. He give no details on the proposals, but said he would meet China's ambassador, Ma Keqing, again on Friday. "We were able to succeed with moving forward with a few steps, but there are other matters that remain outstanding so we hope to continue to discuss this," Del Rosario told reporters. On Sunday, Manila dispatched its largest warship, a U.S. Hamilton-class cutter, to Scarborough Shoal, about 125 nautical miles off the main Philippine island of Luzon, after a navy aircraft spotted eight Chinese fishing boats docked in the area. Philippine security officials were about to detain the fishermen when they were blocked by two Chinese surveillance vessels. A third Chinese vessel arrived on Thursday at the shoal, known in the Philippines as Panatag Shoal and in China as Huangyan Island. Manila later withdrew its warship and Navy chief Vice Admiral Alexander Pama said it was stationed at a nearby port for refuelling and restocking. "The guidance to us was not to raise the level of tensions, if there are any," he said. APPEAL FOR CALM The overseas edition of Chinese Communist Party mouthpiece the People's Daily called for calm, and accused unnamed Western countries and media of hyping up the seriousness of the situation to create discord between China and its neighbours. "China does not want to see the stand-off which has developed between Chinese and Filipino ships over Huangyan Island," it wrote in a front page commentary. The sides traded diplomatic protests on Wednesday over the row, the latest of numerous conflicting claims that pit China against the Philippines, Vietnam, Brunei, Malaysia and Taiwan. In March last year, Chinese navy ships threatened to ram a Philippine survey vessel in another disputed area, the Reed Bank, In response, the Philippines scrambled aircraft and ships. Ill-equipped to patrol waters across the archipelago of more than 7,000 islands, the Philippines has sought closer cooperation with its chief ally, the United States, which has refocused its military attention on Asia. It has offered Washington greater access to airfields and military facilities in exchange for more equipment and frequent training to enhance its military capability. Philippines and U.S. forces are to hold a military exercise near the Reed Bank this month. Source |
![]() |
|
| icefrog | Apr 13 2012, 08:37 PM Post #1534 |
![]()
|
Chinese fishermen go scot-free? MANILA, Philippines - Seven of the 12 Chinese fishing vessels who made their way to Scarborough shoal last Sunday appear to have gotten away with poaching in Philippine territory. Philippine Coast Guard Lt. Commander Algier Ricafrente told ABS-CBN News that while there were initially 12 Chinese fishing vessels last Sunday (not 8 as earlier reported), the number of Chinese fishing vessels spotted on Friday was down to 5. The circumstances under which they fled remain unclear. The Philippines and China have been locked in a stand-off since Sunday after the Philippine Navy discovered Chinese fishing vessels anchored on Scarborough shoal. more: http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/nation/04/13/12...en-go-scot-free |
|
Sign up for the Philippines' first E-wallet via this referral and get PHP 24.00 as a gift credited to your account: https://coins.ph/invite/gphUpV | |
![]() |
|
| spearhead | Apr 13 2012, 08:44 PM Post #1535 |
|
DoctorNO, Your Neutral Observer.
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
No matter what happens, we could let go all those chinese fishermen and their boats but not the stolen corals, giant clams, live sharks, and others should be left behind, that's the least they could do. That's fair diplomatic, and warn china not to come back inside our EEZ. |
"Men of War must learn the art of numbers or he will not know how to array his troops." - Plato![]() ![]() | |
![]() |
|
| spearhead | Apr 13 2012, 08:50 PM Post #1536 |
|
DoctorNO, Your Neutral Observer.
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Ofcourse china didn't like to have an international publication of the stand-off and make big deal out of it, so they could massacre our sailors quietly if they got opportunity or atleast they could keep doing that forever until they exhausted all our natural resources there in WPS. So lets keep bringing on all the int'l media and the owrld's attention to monitor the chinese intrusions in our territorial waters to bad mouth the chinese bullies. |
"Men of War must learn the art of numbers or he will not know how to array his troops." - Plato![]() ![]() | |
![]() |
|
| spearhead | Apr 13 2012, 08:59 PM Post #1537 |
|
DoctorNO, Your Neutral Observer.
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
One more theory if it wasn't part of the diplomatic agreement which what i think so otherwise the filipino media would not be reporting something like "oh it seems like the chinese poachers got away...". The most practical thing that could happen was that since there were 3 chinese maritime surveillance ships covering those mostly wooden fishing boats, one by one these commies left the area 2-3 at a time everynight. The PF15 sensors may not be able to pickup those wooden ships anyway specially if the chinese would have covered all the aluminum or steel part on their ships with some non-metalic materials to reduce their heat signatures and others. With the coverage of darkness, and with their 3 bigger chinese ships could cover their sights by staggering their 3 ships so filipino sailors will have a hard time to look at them even with night vision cameras or goggles if they have one aboard the Goyo. Worst, when Goyo left, perhaps thats when the fishing boats left too, tangay lahat pati mga ninakaw na seafood. And theres nothing much we can really expect from our PCG boats' capabilities. |
"Men of War must learn the art of numbers or he will not know how to array his troops." - Plato![]() ![]() | |
![]() |
|
| Ayoshi | Apr 13 2012, 09:20 PM Post #1538 |
![]()
|
China knows that our PN and PCG cannot perform its duties to arrest their fisherman and naval vessels in our own territory because our government are very cautious and kinda afraid not to go directly engage with them. I hope that our Government gain a lesson from this unforgettable experience. These Modern chi-com huns can possibly do it again by protecting their fishing vessels with their coastguard or research vessels if ever they got caught by our PN and PCG poaching marine species inside our EEZ. |
![]() |
|
| Rapidfire | Apr 13 2012, 09:23 PM Post #1539 |
|
Professional Toy Gun Technician
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
China is probably the only country in the world that officially supports its illegal fishermen & poachers. |
![]() |
|
| THE_NEWS_MAN | Apr 13 2012, 09:34 PM Post #1540 |
|
Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Bishops against asking help from US in shoal dispute MANILA, Philippines—An official of the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines on Friday warned the government against asking help from the United States and other countries in settling the latest dispute with China over Panatag (Scarborough) Shoal. Caloocan Bishop Deogracias Iñiguez, also chair of the CBCP Public Affairs Committee, said things will become more complicated if the Philippine government allowed the US or any other country to meddle in the conflict. “The problem will become more complicated if countries that don’t even have a claim on the shoal will intervene,” said Iñiguez over Church-run Radio Veritas Friday. The prelate also believed that diplomacy was still the best option to resolve the conflict. “We should review our claim to the island and if it is proven that it is ours, then we have the right to stand up for our claim,” said Iñiguez. “I also believe that diplomacy is still the effective way to address the problem … that’s the nature of international policy-to use diplomacy to avoid trouble,” the bishop said. The CBCP official issued the comment after it was reported that Senator Gregorio Honasan was urging the US to make an official statement on the matter. “So what is the use of the Mutual Defense Treaty and the Visiting Forces Agreement for? We have a problem in Scarborough, how will you help us? Will you help us? Otherwise, what is the treaty for?” Honasan was quoted as saying the other day. The senator also said that the Philippines’ other allies—such as Japan, South Korea and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean)—must also be informed of the situation in the shoal, noting that the issue was not merely regional but global in nature. The Philippine Navy withdrew on Thursday morning its largest warship, BRP Gregorio del Pilar, as part of the country’s effort to defuse tension brewing on the shoal, which started on Sunday after a Philippine Navy plane spotted eight Chinese fishing vessels in a lagoon of the resource-rich shoal. Source i did studied in christian school and raise by my mom with a fear with GOD,but come on this bishops are way over there head.kung gus2 nila maging politico wag gamitin ang pangalan nang simbahan para sa mnga kanilang personal views.pati ba sa diplomacy kailgan nilang makiliam kaya nga natatawa nlng ako sa mnga comment nang mnga tao sa iba ibang comment section sa news papers e kalamitan we have god daw.true we have GOD can GOD protect us from incoming 200 ICBMs.masyado na ang philippinas sa religion kaso ang manga mamamyan nang ating bansa ay inaasa nalang lahat sa taas at nakikinig sa mnga obismo na wala na sa lugar magcomment. |
![]() |
|
| 2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous) | |
| Go to Next Page | |
| « Previous Topic · West Philippine Sea · Next Topic » |




![]](http://z1.ifrm.com/static/1/pip_r.png)





8:30 AM Jul 11