Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Philippines Defense Forces Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Philippines-China WPS Dispute
Topic Started: Jul 15 2012, 02:28 PM (105,106 Views)
Andres Boning
Member
[ *  *  * ]
pachador
May 22 2017, 04:17 PM
yes, Duterte definitely said that Xi mentioned war if we push with drilling. original speech here: https://www.facebook.com/presidentialcom/videos/1735223043174016/
My impression is that Xi did not directly threaten war in a condescending or humilating manner but, nevertheless ,just the fact that Xi mentions the possibility of war is more than enough motivation to rapidly acquire the needed credible minimum deterrent. As mentioned already many times. At least one credible equipment type from each branch for starters: e.g. army- SSM system, Navy - missile armed frigates, Air Force -BVAR and ASM missiles for the jet.
By the way, Duterte just left for Russia via Davao for those who didnt know yet. Duterte can still 'redeem' himself by at least announcing the order of Brahmos SSMs which require russian approval. :) or S-400s
Those S400's would be very dear to purchase, considering if ever, PH can a only afford to acquire a few launchers, maybe 6, 8, 12 the most.. and also, it won't be enough to catch the no. of cruise missiles Beijing can bring, for these are one shot one target. :dunno:


IMO, I would prefer for PRD to concentrate on acquiring at least (30-50) Tunguska tank 2K22M1 with 9M311-M1 Missiles (Anti-Cruise Missiles capable) and Russian Mobile Launched Anti Ship Missiles and a Squadron of (8-12) Sukhoi SU-35 MRFs and maybe (2-3) S300 Suite.

PH will be dealing with Beijings PLAAF those 2K22 Tunguska Tanks will be useful for AA Defense and also can be deployed anywhere even on PN Ships, PF-15,16, SSVs, giving them an instant AA Missile Capabilities.

PH should concentrate more on Air Power Assets and Land Based Missile Defense to secure and protect the Country and it's EEZ Territories, make our 7100+ Islands an instant unsinkable Aircraft Carriers and Destroyers.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
MSantor
Member Avatar

PDFF Mod Group
Andres Boning, Pachador,

The right place to discuss Russian equipment for the Philippines is the Philippine-Russian defense relations thread. Please limit your speculation about Russian equipment to that thread.

Otherwise, please get back to topic on the WPS dispute. Thanks.

ABS-CBN

Quote:
 
China shrugs off Duterte's claim that Xi threatened war
Reuters

Posted at May 22 2017 10:13 PM | Updated as of May 22 2017 10:56 PM

BEIJING - China played down on Monday a warning by President Rodrigo Duterte that Beijing would go to war if the Philippines drilled for oil in the disputed South China Sea.

Duterte met China's President Xi Jinping for talks in Beijing last week and later said Xi warned him there would be war if the Philippines tried to explore for oil in a disputed stretch of sea.

Duterte made no mention of the issue during a news briefing on Monday before he left for Russia.

Speaking in Beijing, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying sought to make light of Duterte's comments, noting he and Xi had agreed to "strengthen communication" on important bilateral issues.

(...SNIPPED)
Edited by MSantor, May 22 2017, 11:34 PM.
"If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." - Henry Ford

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
- Winston Churchill


"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking"- Gen. George S. Patton
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Hong Nam
Member Avatar
Bought by China

Quote:
 

Duterte misinterpreted Xi's 'war threat' - PHL envoy
Published May 23, 2017


It was a case of lost in translation....


GMA News







A the bigger fools still follow this fool? Enough said.















Edited by Hong Nam, May 23 2017, 04:29 PM.

Posted Image
Constructions Mecaniques de Normandie - C Sword 90



Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Andres Boning
Member
[ *  *  * ]
Damage Control Reloaded!
It's pretty obvious that they will do anything to appease Beijing.

Once PH gets sucked in from those promised China Investments and Chinese Version of TPP, it will be GAME OVER for the Philippines and you we can say goodbye to ALL our Natural Resources in the WPS n China Rise "este" (Benham Rise) Philippine Rise.. kuno.
Edited by Andres Boning, May 23 2017, 05:45 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Andres Boning
Member
[ *  *  * ]
PRD declares "Martial Law in Mindanao" such a small area in Mindanao that can be treated as only isolated case, why declare total Martial Law in the whole of Mindanao? Let's all hope that this is not also something that will divert our attention away from WPS issues, cause everytime something like this major issue happens, there's always "SNEAKY" Moves from Beijing, maybe in Scarborough Shoal.. :dunno: LET'S BE VIGILANT! :defense:

There's really a huge advantage when you have all the cards to play with, especially when you can play both LAW n OUTLAW...

Damage Control: This should wash over, divert n forget the issue on "China's threat of WAR on PH" and to kill pursuit of filing Diplomatic Protest against Beijing.

Hitting two birds with one stone.

China's Happy now. :armywink:
Edited by Andres Boning, May 24 2017, 06:45 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Ayoshi
Member Avatar


Duterte hits Carpio for pushing claim in South China Sea | Philstar - May 31, 2017
Quote:
 
MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte on Wednesday criticized Supreme Court Senior Associate Justice Antonio Carpio over his remarks on the South China Sea or West Philippine Sea dispute.

"Si Carpio, daldal nang daldal [expletive] wala namang ginagawa noon, so gusto nito punta ako doon sa UN for the enforcement," Duterte said in a speech during the 119th anniversary celebration of the Philippine Navy.

Carpio, one of those who defended the Philippines against China's extensive claims on the South China Sea, had been urging the president to enforce the ruling of an international arbitral tribunal on the maritime dispute.

The senior associate justice gave lectures in the Philippines and abroad casting doubt on China's vast historic claim over a large part of the South China Sea, which includes a portion that is within the Philippines' exclusive ecnomic zone.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Sgt.JCOP
Member
[ *  *  * ]
Ayoshi
Jun 1 2017, 09:31 PM
Duterte hits Carpio for pushing claim in South China Sea | Philstar - May 31, 2017
Quote:
 
MANILA, Philippines — President Rodrigo Duterte on Wednesday criticized Supreme Court Senior Associate Justice Antonio Carpio over his remarks on the South China Sea or West Philippine Sea dispute.

"Si Carpio, daldal nang daldal [expletive] wala namang ginagawa noon, so gusto nito punta ako doon sa UN for the enforcement," Duterte said in a speech during the 119th anniversary celebration of the Philippine Navy.

Carpio, one of those who defended the Philippines against China's extensive claims on the South China Sea, had been urging the president to enforce the ruling of an international arbitral tribunal on the maritime dispute.

The senior associate justice gave lectures in the Philippines and abroad casting doubt on China's vast historic claim over a large part of the South China Sea, which includes a portion that is within the Philippines' exclusive ecnomic zone.
Yes PDU30 is making another blame-game, this time kay Justice Carpio. Puro daw salita gngwa. Um, it is the responsibility of Carpio to educate the people and give necessary advise to the President.

Pero it is the President's responsibility to execute them. Now he is blaming Carpio na wala dw ginagawa.
The question is: Ano bang ginawa ni PDU30 to act on the so-called "INTERNATIONAL LAW"? Sbi nya noon against drug criminals "Kailangan ipatupad ang batas kahit anong mangyari". Pero with China "Hindi ko maipatupad kasi gegerahin tyo". A double-standard lawyer who does not understand law. Cguro dapat sa mga drug-lords gerahin ang malacanan para baka matakot din sya.

Or punta ang mga tao sa bhay/lupa na pag-aari ni DU30, magdala ng armas at mga pwedeng itanim at angkinin ang lupa at hwag palapitin ang tunay na mayari.

A lawyer who does not understand law. Or baka self-serving lang, puro yabang sa kababayan. O baka tlgg sunod-sunuran sa Socialism ng China. Tsk tsk.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Andres Boning
Member
[ *  *  * ]
Sorry :Notary Public ONLY.. :drunk:
Edited by Andres Boning, Jun 3 2017, 03:08 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Sgt.JCOP
Member
[ *  *  * ]
Andres Boning
Jun 3 2017, 02:53 AM
Sorry :Notary Public ONLY.. :drunk:
:lollol: :lollol: :lollol:

tang-ayna naman kung pti notarial e magulo. :headbang:
Edited by Sgt.JCOP, Jun 13 2017, 08:24 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Sgt.JCOP
Member
[ *  *  * ]
http://news.abs-cbn.com/overseas/08/02/16/china-court-warns-against-illegal-fishing-in-riposte-to-s-china-sea-ruling

China is not in the legal rights to sanction PH fisherman.

Chinese in WPS fishing in PH Internationally-recognized seas should be jailed 4mos, plus fishes will given to pinoy fishermen, plus boats will be donated PH Coastal Barangay to be used by PH fisherman, plus USD10K cash fine (before release) for the operational expenses during their jail time. All these should be applied to Chinese only.

For Taiwanese, only deportation. But their boat and fishes will have same sanction.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · West Philippine Sea · Next Topic »
Add Reply