Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Philippines Defense Forces Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PH Files Case vs China Before UNCLOS Tribunal; Ph challenges China's 9-dash claims in WPS at UN Tribunal
Topic Started: Jan 22 2013, 05:03 PM (50,579 Views)
gammy322
Member Avatar
Member
[ *  *  * ]
Hong Nam
Feb 23 2013, 09:12 PM
gammy322
Feb 23 2013, 09:00 PM

Still pursuing the line that elevating the South China Sea maritime row to a UN arbitral tribunal only complicates matters and heightens tension, Beijing on Saturday pushed a regular consultation mechanism on maritime issues, a bilateral channel it pushed three years ago.

Apparently, they believe that the only uncomplicated way of doing things is to do it their way. Makes sense does it? :headbang:

Good God! I sometimes wonder how their country has managed not to blow itself to kingdom come despite being run by monkeys. :dunno:

The Philippines in late January decided to bring the territorial dispute before the Arbitral Tribunal under the UNCLOS, with DFA Secretary Albert del Rosario saying they have exhausted all diplomatic and political ways to resolve the ongoing dispute with China for 18 years with no success. He said elevating the matter for international arbitration is the best and most peaceful way to clarify the ownership and sovereignty issues on the West Philippines Sea—Manila’s official name for those parts of the South China Sea it claims as its intrinsic territory.


-------

ano ung sinasabi nila na 3 years n nilang gustong makipag usap sa atin e ayaw nga nila makipag usap. Basta sa kanila, pag kanila, kanila. Pag gusto nila, gusto nila. No questions asked. Ganyan ang mga Chikoms! Alam kasi nila ang mangyayari pag UN na ang humawak sa gusto nila...liliit lalo mga mata nila hanggang di na sila makakita! :lollol:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Mckoyzzz
Member Avatar
Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
PDFF Mod Group
'Chinese prestige on the line at sea arbitration hearing'
By Jose Katigbak (The Philippine Star) | Updated February 24, 2013 - 12:00am


WASHINGTON -- Even if it boycotts the hearing, Beijing will be under pressure to comply with the results of an international court arbitration which will determine if its claim to most of the South China Sea is valid, international law expert Paul Reichler said.

"It's a very high cost to prestige to be branded as an international wrongdoer and then not comply,' said Reichler in an interview with The Washington Post’s Foreign Policy magazine posted online by Alicia P.Q. Wittmeyer.

"I believe this is the first time our American lawyer went public on this issue," a Philippine embassy official said on Friday.

Last month, the Philippines challenged China’s claim to most of the South China Sea before an arbitral tribunal of the United Nations. It hired Reichler last year to argue its case.

Foreign Policy described the Philippine move as "surprising but savvy" - a first step toward establishing some sort of law and order in East Asia’s waters, which up until now have been a sort of aquatic Wild West, with nations planting flags on rocks, roping off shoals and building up tiny reefs to stake their claims.

The headline of the article was: "Why the DC lawyer suing China for the Philippines still thinks he can win."

The hearing is to determine the validity to China's claims to a wide swath of ocean that encompasses waters near the Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia and Brunei among other countries.

The Foreign Policy article described Reichler as a "giant-slayer" in the world of international law for his often-successful track record of suing the US, Russia and Britain on behalf of countries like Nicaragua, Georgia and Mauritius.

Reichler said China's decision not to take part in the arbitration was unfortunate.

"They had an opportunity to demonstrate their commitment to the international legal order, to show respect for its procedures, and to agree to be bound by its rules. Had they seized this chance, they would have proven that they are not only a great power, but a responsible one."

But the pressure on Beijing to comply with an unfavorable ruling - even if it doesn't participate - will still be there, Reichler said.

"To me, China has always denounced imperialism, denounced unilateralism, has denounced violations of the UN Charter," he said. "This is an opportunity for China to really show its true colors."


PHILSTAR
Posted Image
"Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong -- Dandemis"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Hong Nam
Member Avatar
Bought by China

Mckoyzzz
Feb 24 2013, 02:37 PM
"They had an opportunity to demonstrate their commitment to the international legal order, to show respect for its procedures, and to agree to be bound by its rules. Had they seized this chance, they would have proven that they are not only a great power, but a responsible one."

But the pressure on Beijing to comply with an unfavorable ruling - even if it doesn't participate - will still be there, Reichler said.

"To me, China has always denounced imperialism, denounced unilateralism, has denounced violations of the UN Charter," he said. "This is an opportunity for China to really show its true colors."


PHILSTAR

Mr. Reichler knew China's true colours when he agreed to represent the Philippines before-hand. Now the whole world will get to see that China is just another hypocrite being exactly what they claim to hate.






Posted Image
Constructions Mecaniques de Normandie - C Sword 90



Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Mckoyzzz
Member Avatar
Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
PDFF Mod Group
Hong Nam
Feb 25 2013, 12:55 AM
Mr. Reichler knew China's true colours when he agreed to represent the Philippines before-hand. Now the whole world will get to see that China is just another hypocrite being exactly what they claim to hate.





The whole world, literally, wants to know the extend and legality of the 9 dash claim of China and only the PH had the guts to challenge them... Let's wait and see how this case will materialize... there's still 4 to 5 more years of waiting or maybe shorter because they do not need to listen to China's defense in the UN tribunal...
Posted Image
"Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong -- Dandemis"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Parastriker
Member Avatar
Member
[ *  *  * ]
The Chinese think that by ignoring the issue, they could win this argument by boring us to death. We'll see.
Success through information, victory through disinformation.

"Good leaders make efficient followers. Great leaders make good followers. But true leaders make leaders out of mere followers."

"Measuring the intelligence of a common internet user is as easy as looking at his/her grammar."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Hong Nam
Member Avatar
Bought by China

Parastriker
Feb 25 2013, 02:56 PM
The Chinese think that by ignoring the issue, they could win this argument by boring us to death. We'll see.

Or deafening us with their silence. Or just probably thinking that if they keep it out of mind and out of sight it will just disappear.

Posted Image
Constructions Mecaniques de Normandie - C Sword 90



Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
steelDUST
Member Avatar
Member
[ *  *  * ]
Hong Nam
Feb 25 2013, 03:21 PM
Parastriker
Feb 25 2013, 02:56 PM
The Chinese think that by ignoring the issue, they could win this argument by boring us to death. We'll see.

Or deafening us with their silence. Or just probably thinking that if they keep it out of mind and out of sight it will just disappear.
Hahahaha!!!

They thought we're just an acute viral infection to just "go away"? Hahaha!!!

Never they knew it's gonna be a race-targeting pandemic!
"Thou must (in commanding and winning, or serving and losing, suffering or triumphing) be either the anvil or the hammer."
- Goethe
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Mckoyzzz
Member Avatar
Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
PDFF Mod Group
steelDUST
Feb 25 2013, 04:33 PM
They thought we're just an acute viral infection to just "go away"? Hahaha!!!

Never they knew it's gonna be a race-targeting pandemic!
like AIDS without cure? :lollol:
Posted Image
"Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong -- Dandemis"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
seWer Rat
Member Avatar
amateur sewer cleaner

UN body names 2nd member of arbitral tribunal that will hear PHL case vs. China

The Philippines’ arbitration case against China has gained momentum after a United Nations arbitration body appointed a Polish judge as the second member of a tribunal that will hear Manila’s complaint over what it calls Beijing’s “excessive” claim to the South China Sea.

Manila initiated an arbitration process under the U.N. Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS) on January 21 to try to declare as “illegal” China’s nine-dash claim, which covers nearly the entire resource-rich waters, where some parts are called by the Philippines as West Philippine Sea.

China has resisted the Philippines’ move to let a U.N. body intervene in the disputes, saying the Philippines’ case was legally infirm and carried unacceptable allegations.

Beijing’s rejection to go to court prompted Manila to ask the International Tribunal on the Law of the Sea (ITLOS) to choose an arbiter on behalf of China.

At a press briefing Monday, Foreign Affairs spokesman Raul Hernandez said in response to the Philippines' request, ITLOS President Shunji Yanai named Polish judge Stanislaw Pawlak as China’s arbiter last week.

Stanislaw is the second judge to be named in the panel. He will join Manila’s arbiter, German judge Rudiger Wolfrum.

Hernandez said the next step will be for the ITLOS president to appoint the other three members of the arbitral tribunal upon receipt of another written request from the Philippines.

Arbitration proceedings will proceed upon completion of the panel members as provided by Annex VII of the UNCLOS, Hernandez said.

more:
http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/300942/news/nation/un-body-names-2nd-member-of-arbitral-tribunal-that-will-hear-phl-case-vs-china
To avoid criticism, write nothing, say nothing, do nothing, BE NOTHING.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
gammy322
Member Avatar
Member
[ *  *  * ]
U.N. body names 2nd member of arbitral tribunal for PH case vs China
By: Michaela del Callar, Philippine News Agency
March 25, 2013 6:45 PM


MANILA, Philippines - The Philippines’ case against China has gained momentum after a United Nations arbitration body appointed a Polish judge as the second member of a tribunal that will hear Manila’s complaint over what it calls Beijing’s “excessive” claim to the South China Sea.



http://www.interaksyon.com/article/57949/u-n--body-names-2nd-member-of-arbitral-tribunal-for-ph-case-vs-china
Edited by gammy322, Mar 25 2013, 07:33 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · West Philippine Sea · Next Topic »
Add Reply