Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Philippines Defense Forces Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New Oil Drilling Off West Palawan
Topic Started: Jun 5 2013, 02:55 PM (10,791 Views)
Santi Kampilan
Member Avatar
Member
[ *  *  * ]
PNOC-EC, Nido Petroleum eyeing new oil well off northwest Palawan
Link
MANILA - The joint venture of PNOC-Exploration Corp (PNOC-EC) and Nido Exploration Ltd has short-listed a new drilling prospect in offshore northwest Palawan.

In a report to the Australian Securities Exchange, Nido said they are looking into the Baragatan prospect as the leading candidate for oil and gas exploration permit Service Contract (SC) 63.

The Baragatan prospect is estimated to contain reserves of between 679 and 977 million barrels of oil.

"It is expected that the joint venture will approve the drilling of the prospect during the second quarter of 2013 and will then actively commence the necessary preparations for the drilling campaign," Nido said.

The entire SC 63 exploration block covers an offshore area of 10,560 square kilometers and shares similar geology with oil producing areas in offshore Sabah to the southwest.

The SC 63 consortium has a commitment to drill one exploration well in the contract area up to November this year under its contract with the government.

Drilling activities in the contract area was supposed to start last year but the joint venture sued for an extension after it was unable to secure a rig at "acceptable commercial terms."

PNOC-EC is the oil exploration arm of state-owned Philippine National Oil Co.

Posted Image

This is just between Ayugin Shoal and Palawan. Close to Sabina Shoal where they found metal structures being built by Chinese fishermen a couple of years ago. This could be another flash point. It will be interesting how the Chicoms will respond when they see ships drilling when technically it is straddling the Nine Dash Line. Will they harass our commercial ships? We don't even have anything to counter a frigate. Even the CMS we are hard pressed countering them. This is what I mean that we needed those Maestrale yesterday. I don't think a missile armed Hamilton will even be completed the next 12 months. We'll see what DND has up their sleeve. The bigger one is the drilling of Reed Bank in 2015. Hopefully we've got 2 missile armed frigates by then. What good are two brand new frigates when we are incapacitated to tap our resources. I hope the uparming of the Hamiltons are really true. Otherwise, time to buy land based missiles.
Posted Image
Edited by Santi Kampilan, Jun 5 2013, 03:04 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Santi Kampilan
Member Avatar
Member
[ *  *  * ]
BHP Billiton Step Closer to Cinco-1 Drilling

Article

Otto Energy Limited has announced it has been notified that the Palawan Council for Sustainable Development (“PCSD”) has approved the issuance of the Strategic Environmental Plan Clearance (“SEP Clearance”) in relation to drilling of the Cinco-1 exploration well in Service Contract 55 (“SC55″).

Formal written endorsement is being finalised between the PCSD,the Operator, BHP Billiton Petroleum (Philippines) Corporation (BHPB) (ASX: BHP) and the Philippines Department of Energy (DOE).

The SC55 joint venture will seek confirmation from the DOE of the revised work program timing following the suspension due to Force Majeure.

Related: BHP Billiton Declares Force Majeure for SC55 Offshore Philippines

Otto Chief Executive Officer Gregor McNab said: “This is a positive step in closing the final regulatory approvals required to progress drilling of the Cinco-1 exploration well. We look forward to finalising these approvals and the commencement of drilling activities.”

To remind, BHP Billiton, the operator of SC55, in May declared a Force Majeure with the Philippine Department of Energy, seeking a suspension of permit obligations, amid delays in receiving the SEP Clearance.
Posted Image
Close to the Sabina Shoal which the Chicoms tried putting up metal structures and also where the Chinese frigate Dongguan grounded recently. This could be another flashpoint? It straddles the nine dash line. Ayugin is not far away and Mischief Reef.
Edited by Santi Kampilan, Aug 29 2013, 10:36 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Red95
Trainee
[ *  * ]
The government thru PNOC-EC should explore the feasibility of joint venture oil exploration partnership in the disputed Wesh Philippine Sea with Indian state own Oil and Natural Gas Corp. (ONGC).

The advantage of partnering with said Indian oil firm is that when push come to shove with China, India turns balistic by engaging the Chinese PLAN tit-for-tat by also threatening to send it warships to protect its interest.

Just like what happened to the state-run Oil and Natural Gas Corp’s (ONGC) joint oil exploration venture with Vietnam which came under threat from China. The Indian Navy Chief Admiral Joshi simply said in the international media that if their interest in the South China Sea is put under threat, they will respond militarily.

After that statement, the Chinese PLAN masquerading as Chinese fishermen suddenly stop in cutting the cables of Vietnamese vessel doing seismic oil exploration in the South China Sea.

Why not try the same strategy and let's see what China will do against the tandem of US, Japan and Indian Navy in the WPS.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Santi Kampilan
Member Avatar
Member
[ *  *  * ]
This is why we need the Oyster Bay Naval Base. This is why we need the Goyo and Alcaraz. We need to protect this treasure. By next month our currrent monthly oil production of 6,000 barrels/day will double to 12,000 and with a possibility of tripling to 18,000. This is just one oil drilling. There are 100's of potential up and down the Palawan passage. Don't listen to Pamalakaya or some left leaning groups trying to discourage setting up bases in the Palawan province.

Galoc consortium strikes oil in new well off Palawan

Posted Image

Interaksyon

MANILA - The consortium running Galoc in offshore Palawan has successfully flowed oil from one of the field's new wells.

In a regulatory filing, Otto Energy Limited said the recently drilled well in the petroleum block flowed oil to surface vessels at a rate of 6,300 barrels per day during production tests.

"Operations were conducted via the drilling rig 'Ocean Patriot' and oil was flared at the location," the Australian company said.

The Galoc consortium expects the new well to produce between 8,000 and 12,000 barrels per day under normal field operating conditions.

The well was successfully tested following the installation of underwater equipment used to monitor and control its production early today.

The Galoc consortium will install similar equipment in another new well drilled in the field where the group also expects to churn out oil.

The new wells will complement Galoc's two existing wells, which have been producing at an average of roughly 6,000 barrels per day.

Galoc's production is expected to increase to 12,000 barrels per day by November when its new wells begin commercial operations. It is the Philippines' only commercially producing oil field.

Otto Energy is the operator of the field. Its partners are Galoc Production Company 2 Pte, Nido Petroleum Limited, Oriental Petroleum and Minerals Corporation and Linapacan Oil Gas and Power Corporation, The Philodrill Corporation and Forum Energy Philippines Corporation.
Edited by Santi Kampilan, Oct 16 2013, 11:57 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Santi Kampilan
Member Avatar
Member
[ *  *  * ]
BHP Billiton-led group bags environmental permit to drill for oil off Palawan

Interaksyon

MANILA – A group led by Australia’s BHP Billiton has secured an environmental clearance from the Palawan Council for Sustainable Development (PCSD) for drilling the Cinco oil and gas prospect.

In a regulatory filing, Otto Energy Ltd said BHP Billiton Petroleum (Philippines) Corp has received the Strategic Environmental Clearance (SEP) from PCSD.

The Cinco prospect is located in a 9,000 square kilometer area in offshore Palawan under Service Contract (SC) 55.

BHP Billiton controls 60 percent of SC 55, while Otto Energy and Trans-Asia Oil and Energy Development Corp own the remaining 33.18 percent and 6.82 percent of the oil block, respectively.

Both BHP Billiton and Otto Energy are listed at the Australian Stock Exchange, while Trans-Asia is a Philippine-listed firm.

With the environmental clearance in the bag, BHP Billiton "has engaged with the Philippine Department of Energy regarding the revised timing of the work program commitments and it is expected that this will be the subject of a separate announcement shortly," Otto Energy said.

To recall, the consortium's drilling campaign had stalled amid delays in the grant of the SEP from PCSD, a multi-sectoral agency tasked with overseeing Palawan's environment.

The Cinco prospect -- touted to be on a par with the country's largest natural gas field, the Malampaya -- is estimated to hold up to 2.2 trillion cubic feet of resources.

In contrast, the Malampaya's proven reserves are placed at 2.7 trillion cubic feet based on studies conducted by Otto Energy in 2010.

The Malampaya's production fuels three major power plants that generate more than a third of the country's electricity supply. The field's output, however, is expected to dry up starting 2024.

Posted Image

This is as big as Malampaya Gas Complex with some oil as icing in the cake.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Maverick 13330
Member
[ *  *  * ]
My FAVORITE thread always warms my heart.. Thanks Santi.
Sana next news naman sa Benham Rise na tayo nag-eexplore.;)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Lyndon
Member
[ *  *  * ]
Maverick 13330
Oct 30 2013, 08:35 PM
My FAVORITE thread always warms my heart.. Thanks Santi.
Sana next news naman sa Benham Rise na tayo nag-eexplore.;)
Later maverick pag inunahan na tayo ng taiwan. :devilwink:
Your signature pic has been removed for being too large
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
gammy322
Member Avatar
Member
[ *  *  * ]
The UN has officially approved our claim in April 2012. We filed the claim for Benham Rise in 2008 in compliance with the requirements of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS).

Unless gusto ng Taiwan ng away... madami tayong sibat at pana para sa kanila... :lollol:
Edited by gammy322, Oct 30 2013, 11:06 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Santi Kampilan
Member Avatar
Member
[ *  *  * ]
Maverick 13330
Oct 30 2013, 08:35 PM
My FAVORITE thread always warms my heart.. Thanks Santi.
Sana next news naman sa Benham Rise na tayo nag-eexplore.;)
There will be a lot of action the next few years.
Article
"The Philippines now wants to conduct a seismic survey of Benham, which in some parts is only 50 meters deep, to see if there are possible oil or gas deposits there worth drilling for. Energy department officials in Manila said four companies have offered to conduct the survey.

At the least, it would take 3-5 years for a full assessment of Benham’s potential to be finished. If something is found, a few more years would be needed to develop any deposits found there". :specool:

**************

In the Palawan Passage, I'm also excited but at the same time worried that those naval and coast guard assets are still a year to a couple of years away. Even the Secretaries (Goyo and Alcaraz) are not fully equipped to even ward off a typical Chicom visitor like the Dongguan frigate which the last few years frequented the Palawan Passage until it got stuck in Half Moon Shoal near Balabac tip.
Now we see not one but sometimes 3 China Coast Guard ships and we don't have any PCG's to even ply those areas. Like they say "I hope we are not a day late and a dollar short errrr.. peso short (late and ill-prepared)" protecting our valuable cash-cow. And yet, this could be our next generation's future.

Edited by Santi Kampilan, Oct 30 2013, 11:41 PM.
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Hong Nam
Member Avatar
Bought by China

All the reason why you can debunk this flawed "inward security" thinking and mindset of Filipinos.

Although these areas (Cinco, Uno, and Hawkeye) are clearly within the 200 mile EEZ and more-so within the Philippine continental shelf. These areas are claimed by China as shown in the 9-dash line claim.


As shown in these publications:

1) The South China Sea in Focus - Center for Strategic & International Studies (CSIS)

2) Maritime Territorial and Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) Disputes Involving China - Congressional Research Service (CRS) Report for Congress
Edited by Hong Nam, Oct 31 2013, 12:02 AM.

Posted Image
Constructions Mecaniques de Normandie - C Sword 90



Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · West Philippine Sea · Next Topic »
Add Reply