| Welcome to Philippines Defense Forces Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit. You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. Join our community! If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features: |
| China using fishing fleet as "proxy navy" (updates) | |
|---|---|
| Tweet Topic Started: May 7 2013, 01:28 PM (5,767 Views) | |
| seWer Rat | May 7 2013, 01:28 PM Post #1 |
|
amateur sewer cleaner
![]()
|
China has sent one of its largest recorded fishing fleets to disputed islands in the West Philippine Sea (South China Sea), state-run media said on Tuesday, amid tensions over Beijing’s assertion of its claims in the region. A flotilla including 30 fishing vessels set sail on Monday for the Spratly Islands, an archipelago disputed between China and other countries including the Philippines and Vietnam, the China Daily reported. The fleet left China’s southern province of Hainan for a 40-day trip to the region, the report said, and includes two large transport and supply ships. Chinese fishing boats regularly travel to the Spratlys, parts of which are also claimed by Taiwan and Brunei, but the fleet dispatched Monday was as large as one described as the biggest ever launched from the province when it set off last year. China will make “every effort to guarantee the fleet’s safety,” the report quoted an official from the department of ocean and fisheries as saying. China and neighboring countries have long used fishing fleets and maritime patrols to assert their territorial claims, and have upgraded their naval forces in recent years as tensions over claims in the West Philippine Sea have risen. Read more: http://globalnation.inquirer.net/73759/china-sends-large-fleet-to-disputed-spratlys-media#ixzz2Sa7uXEjy Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook |
| To avoid criticism, write nothing, say nothing, do nothing, BE NOTHING. | |
![]() |
|
| pachador | May 7 2013, 01:42 PM Post #2 |
![]()
|
what the bully is doing is no different to what professional squatters are doing in the philippines who are backed up by armed goons or even by the NPA. the bully is now escorting thier fishing vessels with armed ships because they know their fishing vessels are blatantly violating the 200 mile EEZ of neighboring countries which is grounds for a sure arrest of the said fishing vessels in the past, but now the arrest is prevented because the said fishing vessels are now escorted by the bully's coast guard thugs. therefore, its very important for the UNLOS to issue a ruling as soon as possible so that if the bully's coast guard interferes with the arrest of their fishermen, then even our navy can legally use force since it is 100% backed up by the specific UNCLOS ruling delineating our 200 mile EEZs in specific terms and not just in general terms as reference in the general UN law of the sea. in other words, the white coast guard versus white coast guard will become immaterial now even if we escalate and use gray navy vessels versus their white coast guards since we cannot be deemed the aggressor anymore as we now have legal mandate from UNCLOS. of course, the bully can also escalate and punish us but that would be great risk on their part since there is no more reason for our allies to not to intervene since we have 100% legal backing on our side - just to hammer the point. Edited by pachador, May 7 2013, 01:43 PM.
|
![]() |
|
| boybim | May 7 2013, 03:33 PM Post #3 |
|
Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Its ok for the Chinese to come.we wont even figure out what thyel do,waht to do and why we wouldnt do action.because the lack of equipment hampers us to know what to do.and the Lack of urgency will prevent us to do things ought to be done |
![]() |
|
| Batusai | May 7 2013, 06:04 PM Post #4 |
|
Trainee
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Kaya pala ..."PH-China defense talks help ease sea dispute tension – DND"...we just never learn...nauto na naman and DND...its a slap in our face...30 VESSELS goin in our territory and all we can do is just READ about it? THIS GOVERMENT AND DND IS SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!
|
![]() |
|
| Parastriker | May 7 2013, 06:52 PM Post #5 |
|
Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Haven't you learned the value of patience? If we act now, then we will lose! Don't you grasp the logic of the current situation? If we act like brave and valiant idiots then we have thrown away people for nothing! At least, when we get UNCLOS in favor to us, then we can act, regardless of Chinese opposition! |
|
Success through information, victory through disinformation. "Good leaders make efficient followers. Great leaders make good followers. But true leaders make leaders out of mere followers." "Measuring the intelligence of a common internet user is as easy as looking at his/her grammar." | |
![]() |
|
| Batusai | May 7 2013, 07:39 PM Post #6 |
|
Trainee
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
I do agree with patience Sir Parastriker but by the time we get a favorable UNCLOS judgement, we have already lost the shoal. By the time we get a favorable response from UNCLOS it will now be hard for us to dislodge the chinese from the shoal since UNCLOS (as per discussion on the other topic) doesn't have the teeth to implement its ruling if it will be favorable for the Philippines. I did not mean to shoot our way in but to let our presence felt by sending in atleast one of our coast guard ship to let them know that we haven't given up . A coast guard ship in the area is just a preventive measure before the chinese can put up a structure. |
![]() |
|
| juan | May 7 2013, 08:54 PM Post #7 |
|
Recruit
![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Chinese trawlers are gathering information through their shortwave transmitters made effecient and effective by powerful power supplies and huge antennas hidden from view. No worries. Philippine SIGNIT made our and Army communications secure, believe me.
Edited by juan, May 7 2013, 08:55 PM.
|
![]() |
|
| Maverick 13330 | May 7 2013, 09:59 PM Post #8 |
|
Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Instead of whining and crying for things that chinese are doing in the WPS.. I suggest that you people watch or read world news.. The chinese are doing worse and did more aggresive maneuvers to other countries than ours. In senkaku's dozens of ships are circling the islands night and day. In india they erected tents way inside the indian border. In paracel island they made the island a tourist spot in plain sight of the viets. Aside from patience much better if we inform ourselves to what is really happening. Edited by Maverick 13330, May 7 2013, 10:01 PM.
|
![]() |
|
| Batusai | May 7 2013, 11:06 PM Post #9 |
|
Trainee
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
Its not what the Chinese are doing in WPS but what the Phil Gov is doing in light of the situations. The mentioned incidents has already been posted in the topic: World Military News and Issues.
|
![]() |
|
| Maverick 13330 | May 7 2013, 11:21 PM Post #10 |
|
Member
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
I know..im just little fed up thats why i stated it BATUSAI. If they knew those things have been happening for sure they are not not gonna fret much about this stuff. My post is nothing different than your post mentioning our case to UNCLOS which is also posted on other thread. Edited by Maverick 13330, May 7 2013, 11:26 PM.
|
![]() |
|
| 1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous) | |
| Go to Next Page | |
| « Previous Topic · West Philippine Sea · Next Topic » |









![]](http://z1.ifrm.com/static/1/pip_r.png)

8:26 AM Jul 11