AimGlobalProducts
Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Philippines Defense Forces Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
PCG to purchase patrol boats from France
Topic Started: Oct 30 2012, 02:57 PM (42,326 Views)
pachador

the only good thing i can think of with this order is maybe the purchase from france includes the license and technology transfer for the local construction in the philippines of additional units of the opv and patrol boat , who knows hindi natin alam meron na palang tie-up itong french company with Austal in Cebu or Propmech, etc...........otherwise, this out of the blue purchase does raise suspicions.

Edited by pachador, Jan 17 2013, 01:11 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

raider1011

Since they want it for humanitarian missions, is it possible to give the MRV to the PCG? Or rewrite the req into a "fat OPV"?

Posted Image

STX PV85 aka Protector Class

Posted Image

Blohm & Voss MRVs
God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right even though I think it is hopeless.

|| Chester W. Nimitz

While our political leaders are busy squabbling, out there in the West Philippine Sea we are slowly losing our very territorial domain to China’s creeping invasion.

|| Unnamed Filipino security official

Herbie
Trainee
[ *  * ]
So the money to buy the French boats are from a French loan that was originally for RO-RO ports around the country.

http://interaksyon.com/business/54229/govt-to-divert-roro-loan-to-acquire-new-ships-for-coast-guard

ayoshi
Member Avatar

Related News...
Gov't to divert Roro loan to acquire new ships for Coast Guard
www.interaksyon.com

The previous government took out the loan in 2009 from BNP Paribas for the establishment of 72 modular roll-on roll-off (RoRo) ports nationwide at a cost of P11.8 billion and contracted Eiffel-Mariere to undertake the project.
<snipped>
"Clearly, the project is ill-designed, not carefully studied, a lot of questions. So, through then DOTC Secretary Mar Roxas, we were able to negotiate with same supplier, convert the ports into coast guard ships," DOTC Secretary Joseph Emilio Abaya said.

"I think the loan continues, the product changed and the obligations will still be there," he said.
<snipped>
"We are currently coordinating with the Department of Public Works and Highways for the construction of bridges and roads," he said.

Six billion pesos remains of the loan, which the government will use to acquire 25-meter vessels and one 82-meter vessels, he added.

dewey
Member Avatar
metro aide sweeper

i think its safe to say that the purchase from france is good as true already. the ocea boats will be for inland waters while the bigger boats will be for external waters :armycheers:
Ipaglaban ang ating territoryo sa mapag-api at sakim na dayuhan!!!

Posted Image

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

pachador

dewey
Feb 4 2013, 08:50 PM
i think its safe to say that the purchase from france is good as true already. the ocea boats will be for inland waters while the bigger boats will be for external waters :armycheers:
agreed, the latest news explains the mystery behind the "sudden" french purchase. maliwanag na

Santi Kampilan
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
pachador
Feb 6 2013, 01:58 AM
dewey
Feb 4 2013, 08:50 PM
agreed, the latest news explains the mystery behind the "sudden" french purchase. maliwanag na
Great! Now we know it's not coming directly from Pnoy's Admin coffers because it just suddenly came out of the blue. There is still a mystery though. We still do not know what that 82 meter boat is. I hope it is like what my signature is but this one's an 87m. DCNS does not have. Does Ocea have it? Does anyone know?
Posted Image

pachador

i still prefer if they just get 2 or 3 OPVs, the smaller ones are not as critical since the PCG already hitches rides on bantay dagat boats if they need to patrol, etc, besides funding for the small boats can be locally sourced since those are not expensive.

pachador

pachador
Feb 6 2013, 03:43 AM
i still prefer if they just get 2 or 3 OPVs, the smaller ones are not as critical since the PCG already hitches rides on bantay dagat boats if they need to patrol, etc, besides funding for the small boats can be locally sourced since those are not expensive.
on the other hand, if the PCG was able to squeeze a deal out of this such that follow-on future orders for the small boats and the OPV will be built in the philippines under license, then that would be really good as it will save foreign exchange. Austal is Cebu will be well-positioned to have a co-production or build under license agreement for this french boats., although Propmech should also be able to build, at least, the small boats......and create filipino jobs as well as save taxpayers money.
Edited by pachador, Feb 6 2013, 04:17 AM.

Santi Kampilan
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
But to get out of the original contract, the French may have made it a precondition if monies are not going to be used for RO-RO ports that the monies could be used for ships for as long as they buy from French builders.
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Philippine Coast Guard · Next Topic »
Add Reply