Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Philippines Defense Forces Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Military company commander, 7 others relieved from post
Topic Started: Oct 19 2012, 06:39 PM (488 Views)
seWer Rat
Member Avatar
amateur sewer cleaner

MANILA -- A company commander and seven of his men were ordered relieved from their post and placed under investigation for possible lapses in last Thursday's clash with armed men that killed a wife and young children of the group's leader.

Ordered relieved by 10th Infantry Division commander Brigadier General Ariel Bernardo were 1Lt. Dante Jimenez, commanding officer of Bravo Company of the 27th Infantry Battalion, and members of the seven-man squad who were all directly involved in the operation.

Bernardo said Lt. Col. Noel Alexis Bravo was also placed under investigation but said the officer was not relieved from his post. He said the investigation will determine if there is a need to impose sanctions on him.

Bravo earlier said that his men were dispatched to Kimlawis village in Kiblawan town last Thursday morning to check a reported presence of armed men. As they were approaching a hut, he said the soldiers were fired upon.

The fighting resulted in the killing of Juvy Capeon, the wife of the group leader Daquil Capeon; and their teenager-sons Pop and John; and wounding of the couple's seven-year-old daughter, Vicky.

more
To avoid criticism, write nothing, say nothing, do nothing, BE NOTHING.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
gammy322
Member Avatar
Member
[ *  *  * ]
Troop blamed for death of B'laans pulls out of Davao del Sur town, other areas in Mindanao
By: Abigail Kwok, Inter
November 5, 2012 5:45 PM
Juvy Capion and her children. Photo from LRC-KSK
[Share This]


InterAksyon.com
The online news portal of TV5

MANILA, Philippines - In an attempt to rebuild ties with the local populace, the Philippine Army's 10th Infantry Division pulled out all its personnel from the 27th Infantry Battalion in Kiblawan, Davao del Sur following the death of a pregnant B'laan woman and her two children aged 13 and eight years old last month.

Lt. Col. Lyndon Paniza, spokesman of the 10th ID, on Monday said the pull outtook effect last November 1. He said the 27th IB was replaced by the 39th Infantry Battalion.

The pull out stemmed from a dialogue with tribal leaders in the area last October 31 on the death of Juvy Capion and her children Pop and John. Juvy is the wife of Daguil Capion, a tribal leader whom the Army hastagged as a bandit.

The three were killed following an operation by the military last October. Militant groups tagged the incident as a massacre but the Army has maintained that it was a legitimate encounter.

"This is to appease the residents there, to help them forget theincident," Paniza told reporters.

Earlier, the 10th ID said 27th IB's commander, Lt. Col. Alexis Bravo, also resigned from his post. Thirteen other soldiers from the battalion are also facing court martial proceedings due to operational lapses.

The pull out of the 27th IB also covers the area of Columbio, Sultan Kudarat and Tampakan, South Cotabato.


http://www.interaksyon.com/article/47262/troop-blamed-for-death-of-blaans-pulls-out-of-davao-del-sur-town-other-areas-in-mindanao
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · General Military and Law Enforcement · Next Topic »
Add Reply