Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Philippines Defense Forces Forum. We hope you enjoy your visit.


You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.


Join our community!


If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Retitled: China's "De facto" Control of Panatag Shoal/Bajo De Masinloc; Old Title: China ropes off Scarborough Shoal
Topic Started: Aug 10 2012, 07:38 PM (25,219 Views)
Red95
Trainee
[ *  * ]
AZKALS
Sep 10 2013, 04:31 PM
PHI to Remove Concrete Blocks Erected by China in Panatag Shoal

http://www.mb.com.ph/ph-to-remove-concrete-blocks-erected-by-china-in-panatag-shoal/

by Elena L. Aben
September 10, 2013

The Philippine government is planning to remove the 75 concrete blocks believed to have been put up by the Chinese off Panatag (Scarborough) Shoal.Philippine Navy chief Vice Admiral Jose Luis Alano said this in an interview during the ASEAN Navy Chief’s Meeting in Makati City.The Department of National Defense (DND) last week reported that an aerial reconnaissance flight conducted by the Navy between August 31 and September 2 spotted 75 concrete blocks scattered in a two-hectare area in the northern portion of the shoal, also known locally as Bajo de Masinloc.With the sightings of the concrete blocks, Defense Secretary Voltaire Gazmin accused China of preparing to start construction inside the shoal.

Since the discovery of the concrete blocks, Alano said there has been no changes in the situation in the shoal.He, however, said they are monitoring the situation in the area.“… the situation is still being monitored as to the development there,” said Alano, adding that the National Security Council (NSC) is now looking into it.So far, he said, “there has been no significant change.”When asked if the government has any plan to remove the concrete blocks, Alano replied: “Yes, as of now there is, that’s being discussed.”The Navy chief, however, declined to tell how the government plans to remove the concrete blocks.“That’s being discussed as to how to…but I do not like to preempt what will (be) the decision,” he said.

If you're really serious in removing these concrete blocks why announce it to the media, for crying out loud..... to give advance notice to China! This is just pure baloney, if you really intend to do something tangible such as removing these concrete blocks which i fully agree, just do it under utmost secrecy.

If it will serve the interest of the nation, then announce it later. Anyway China already denied that they put those concrete structures in there, hence if we remove them who will complain..... in the first place "kusa lang naman palang tumubo sa dagat na parang kabute mga yon eh"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Mckoyzzz
Member Avatar
Ipsa Scientia Potestas Est
PDFF Mod Group
Envoy urges Manila, Beijing to jointly remove obstacles
By Sara Susanne D. Fabunan |
Sep. 29, 2013


The Chinese ambassador to the Philippine Ma Keqing said that China will “unswervingly adhere to peaceful development” for prosperity and stability of the region and the rest of the world.

During 64th celebration of the founding of the People’s Republic of China, Ma also urged the Philippines to work with them to “remove the existing obstacles” so it could create a favorable atmosphere for both diplomatic relations.

Ma gave the speech during the 64th celebration of the founding of the People’s Republic of China on Friday night in Makati.

As of press time, the Department of Foreign Affairs or the Malacanang has yet to comment on Ma’s statement.

The DFA earliker refused to hold bilateral talks with China due to Beijing’s repeated incursions into the disputed West Philippine Sea.

“We expect the Philippine side to work with us, to remove the existing obstacles, so as to create atmosphere favorable for a sound and steady development of our bilateral relations,” Ma said.

MANILA STANDARD
Posted Image
"Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong -- Dandemis"
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
fernandez705
Member
[ *  *  * ]
Yes obstacles between the 2 nations but also those concrete blocks in scs.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
zwahzhal
Member
[ *  *  * ]
Two(2) among the condition that they are asking is remove (motion to quash) the filed protest at the UNCLOS/ITLOS, and pushing the US out of the dispute. OKAY LANG KAYO? MGA G@GO din.

It is simply a way of going back to the harassment & invasion so that they can simply say that there was no protest and no one to support us in case of severance of problem.

We can have bilateral, if and only if (1) they abide respect Philippine Sovereignty, (2) they will submit themselves to the international law of the 200-mile EEZ, (3) remove the ropes & structures covered under Philippine territory, (4) remove their ships from Philippine territory, (5) put their words & promises into official writing, plain black & white.

But should there be a bilateral, the filed protest should never be withdrawn. It serves as a protection to our sovereignty.
The PH govt should re-iterate these policies and should not give into the deceit.
Edited by zwahzhal, Sep 30 2013, 06:04 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
KyleXY
Trainee
[ *  * ]
remove obstacles? if they agree to remove the blocks from panatag shoal I think they will counter offer us to remove also the BRP sierra madre... hmmmmmm
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Aero
Member Avatar
Member
[ *  *  * ]
So actually we are the problem? Probably not looks on how numerous countries China have dispute with including their former ally Vietnam. Almost everyone have noticed China's expansionist tactics, they are already a big country and still wants more.

I don't know but they are much very afraid that the ITLOS will not favor them so they are diverting the issues and using their muscle to force their own way. This is really not a good sign of diplomacy, but actually there is one mistake the RP gov't made is the sending of Goyo to arrest the said poachers it should have been the PCG instead who did it (Possibly boasting or show force but actually couldn't standup to it) and BTW, Chinese and Filipino fisherman are fishing together in the disputed area for a long time and even share foods and drinks there. Actually is not a problem between residents of the country but interest of each gov't in the area.

In the end we all end up losers and concedes:

China Spratly Issue Result we can't even enter the area
Shooting incident of Taiwanese Fisherman Result: filing of case against PCG
Sabah Issue Result: Filing of Charges against Kiram
Even internal security we end up agreeing to the demands of rebels and even agree to form bangsamoro but the fact there is no proof that the residents of Mindanao agrees with it.

Just Typical pattern of the lack of strong central gov't to address the issues.
People works in their own ways, Kanya kanya system that is why corruption is rampant because the gov't cannot control everything.
And even political prisoners are freed and pardoned after being jailed, no one gets to jail.
Edited by Aero, Sep 30 2013, 12:54 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Red95
Trainee
[ *  * ]
Mckoyzzz
Sep 29 2013, 11:15 PM
Envoy urges Manila, Beijing to jointly remove obstacles
By Sara Susanne D. Fabunan |
Sep. 29, 2013


The Chinese ambassador to the Philippine Ma Keqing said that China will “unswervingly adhere to peaceful development” for prosperity and stability of the region and the rest of the world.

During 64th celebration of the founding of the People’s Republic of China, Ma also urged the Philippines to work with them to “remove the existing obstacles” so it could create a favorable atmosphere for both diplomatic relations.

Ma gave the speech during the 64th celebration of the founding of the People’s Republic of China on Friday night in Makati.

As of press time, the Department of Foreign Affairs or the Malacanang has yet to comment on Ma’s statement.

The DFA earliker refused to hold bilateral talks with China due to Beijing’s repeated incursions into the disputed West Philippine Sea.

“We expect the Philippine side to work with us, to remove the existing obstacles, so as to create atmosphere favorable for a sound and steady development of our bilateral relations,” Ma said.

MANILA STANDARD
Just an idea, maybe we can reply to their offer of joint undertaking diplomatically by saying that we do appreciate their offer of assistance in cleaning our own backyard. However given the fact that Panatag Shoal is about 650 km away from the nearest land mass in China and we are only about 220 km away from it, we wish to spare them the cost and trouble of travelling that far away from China just to clear some concrete blocks which we are more than capable of doing so by just simply strapping a few dynamite sticks and blow them up at minimum cost.

Nice try by China, by agreeing to their proposal, that is already tantamount to acknowledging that China has a right and us recognizing their right to claim ownership of Panatag Shoal.

Further, this is a trap for us to agree to their ultimate objective to make this issue a bilateral problem between us and China alone which is contrary to our position that this issue must be resolve multilaterally between other claimant countries through mediation by a world body such as the United Nation.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Zero wing
Member Avatar
ZAFT Sepcial Forces Operative for SEA
[ *  *  * ]
China will never stop so what's the point we should just file protest and build out own defense and tell those commies to shut up
"No sacrifice is too great in the service of freedom."

“As long as we are not willing to provide an adequate, suitable and capable defense for this country, we will be oppressed, demeaned and dishonored. We will be the stepping mat of every country in this region,”(Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile)

“Just because we are a very weak country militarily, we should not be taken advantage of by more powerful countries" (Senate committee on national defense and security chairman Panfilo Lacson)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Parastriker
Member Avatar
Member
[ *  *  * ]
Zero wing
Oct 3 2013, 08:33 PM
China will never stop so what's the point we should just file protest and build out own defense and tell those commies to shut up
Diplomacy doesn't work that way. Ever.

Everyone thought that the Soviet Union would not stop as well during the 1960's, look at what's left of it now.
Success through information, victory through disinformation.

"Good leaders make efficient followers. Great leaders make good followers. But true leaders make leaders out of mere followers."

"Measuring the intelligence of a common internet user is as easy as looking at his/her grammar."
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
Hong Nam
Member Avatar
Bought by China

Zero wing
Oct 3 2013, 08:33 PM
China will never stop so what's the point we should just file protest and build out own defense and tell those commies to shut up

Simple: For the legitimacy of your cause.


Let me throw back a question at you:
Should you stop complaining about corruption in your government just because corruption is so deeply rooted in your politicians' mindset?

Posted Image
Constructions Mecaniques de Normandie - C Sword 90



Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top
 
1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · West Philippine Sea · Next Topic »
Add Reply