Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to Chamber Militant. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Warmahordes interest.
Topic Started: Jul 22 2010, 09:18 AM (945 Views)
DFM
Default Avatar
Pyrophant Judge
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
So i'm gathering up some interest in playing warmachine/hordes. it's got a decent following down here and I'm actually looking at some of the models and can dig it.

My biggest issue is possibly not liking the playstyle of the faction that I like the models for.

Right now I'm looking at are 1. circle, 2.skorne and for WM 1. Khador 2. Protectorate.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lauby
Member Avatar
Inquisitor Lord
[ *  *  *  * ]
here's some info that might help:

warmachine factions

hordes factions

Memento Mori
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have a bunch of Khador stuff that is surplus to requirements if you go that route...

It was WM that got me back into the hobby (thanks Colin). The gameplay is pretty smooth, and it's a lot of fun having the Jacks leathering 7 types of poop out of each other.

The new jacks are in plastic. I'm still intrigued to see how they measure up against the metal ones...

dethtron
Member Avatar
Pyrophant Judge
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
from what I've seen the "plastic" jacks are actually resin cast, so they have all the baggage of metal without any of the weight.

If you go menoth, I've got a NIB flaming fisty jack that I'm not ever going to use (forgot name, but his turn ons include fisting, fire, and silk sheets)

Memento Mori
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
lol! you said 'fisting'.

Frank
Member Avatar
Arbite
[ *  *  *  * ]
I also have some spare Menoth stuff I can part with, some NIB and some assembled.

DFM
Default Avatar
Pyrophant Judge
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
so after looking around, I'm probably definately mostly sure i'm going khador.

Lauby
Member Avatar
Inquisitor Lord
[ *  *  *  * ]
I've got a full unit of 6 mechaniks and a greylord ternion. All unpainted. I've also got a mess of the old MkI rules Gale Force 9 tokens.

DFM
Default Avatar
Pyrophant Judge
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
i'm gonna pick up a boxed force sometime this week for the rules and whatnot.

Did they do the battle group boxes for the old MK1 rules/metal 'jacks? I'm a little leery about buying online(SHGL seems to be the cheapest) without it actually saying MKII rules/plastics. but 30% off is hard to pass up at this point.

Hopefully heather gets this job. Full time 9-5 for ~10 a hour is definitely gonna help the gaming budget.

Memento Mori
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I have Kommandoes, Manhunters and other stuff to get you kick started, as well as a Kommander Sorscha, and other stuff too. I'll post up a list, if you like. Between us on the board, you could probably get a sweet Khador Force together for a fraction of the price.

DFM
Default Avatar
Pyrophant Judge
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
yeah, go ahead and PM me a list of that khador stuff. I'll probably pick it up off you next month or so.

DFM
Default Avatar
Pyrophant Judge
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
ordered my rulebook and a warcaster today. sucked because I needed 6 bucks more in the paypal account to get the book and the faction book or faction deck. Couldn't do that without alerting the wife that there was fundage in the paypal account from selling off some spore mines.

Really, who wants 50 spore mines for $40? Glad i found that guy, as I had no clue what to do with those things I had to pick up for the trade to go through.

kommader Strakhov

and with that I totally blew the whole "no more buying shit because it looks cool" self imposed rule right out of the fucking water.

Hoags lemme know if there's anything you need for 40k that I might have laying around.

Memento Mori
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, he is Khador... so you can use him... its just a bonus that he also looks cool lol!

A cursory glance yielded some warcasters, some Kommandoes, an Epic Forward Kommander Sorscha and some Khador usable mercenaries...

Memento Mori
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
dethtron
Jul 22 2010, 10:31 AM
from what I've seen the "plastic" jacks are actually resin cast, so they have all the baggage of metal without any of the weight.

If you go menoth, I've got a NIB flaming fisty jack that I'm not ever going to use (forgot name, but his turn ons include fisting, fire, and silk sheets)
Really?? they looked to me like the hard styrene plastic like the GW kits from the one I saw. PP did do a couple of resin Jacks a while back, but they were model kits, not gaming pieces?

DFM
Default Avatar
Pyrophant Judge
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Got my rulebook and Strakhov the other day.

Can't wait to get my hands on the khador force book.

Might actually be able to get heather into it with the space elves.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Warmachine/Hordes · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme by Sith of Outline