Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Welcome to Chamber Militant. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
1000 Point Team Tournament results
Topic Started: Jun 13 2010, 08:44 PM (399 Views)
The CPT
Member Avatar
Penitent
[ * ]
Gentlemen-

Just a quick rundown of my results for the 1000 point Team Tourney I played in with my IG. I will post some pictures later if I can get some advice on how to embed the pictures here nicely.

Here were the stipulations: 1000 points, random pairings for combined team of 2000 points. No shared Force Org.

My list:
CCS, 3x Melta, 1x Flamer, Officer of the Fleet in Chimera w/ HF, ML, Dozer, HKM
2x Vet squads w/ 2x Melta ea. in Chimeras w/ HF, ML, Dozer, HKM
3x Deathstrike Missile Launchers

My partner's list (not exact, but you'll get the idea):
Chaos Space Marines
2x Rhinos with Berzerker squads and Kharn in one of them
2x Defilers with Battle Cannons, TL HF, and TL Reaper Autocannons

I don't think I could have asked for a better pairing. His mech complemented my mech. For the record, the Deathstrikes didn't do shit for most of the day, but did serve one very very important function: OOOH, Shiny!! So everyone attacked them and ignored my three chimeras, who ran rampant all over the board melta-ing and multilasering like crazy. To put things in perspective, I basically played all day with half of an army. His 'zerkers ran around and beat face, and Kharn just tooled on EVERYONE. Defilers lobbed plates and took out transports when needed with the reaper.

After much drama and ridiculous pairing shenanigans, we ended up playing 4 goddamn rounds and placing first, splitting a $120 pot of winner take all.

Game 1: Vs. Orks (foot) and SW (all drop)
Game 2: Vs. Mech Eldar and Nilla SM
Game 3: Vs. Battleforce Nids and Nurgle CSM
Game 4: Vs. Mech IG and Battleforce CSM

Once again, I'll post pictures when I can make it look pretty, a la batreps on YTTH. I'm beat right now and my brain hurts. Hope ya'll had a good weekend.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lauby
Member Avatar
Inquisitor Lord
[ *  *  *  * ]
congrats, dude. Kharn seems like he'd be loads of fun.

I'd say something more relevant, but its 3am.

Srsly, you guy, srysly - good deal.

Memento Mori
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Sounds awesome!

If you want to slap pictures up, you can register (for free) at www.photobucket.com

dethtron
Member Avatar
Pyrophant Judge
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Wow, that's a way different list than you were going to take, lol. You'll have to let me know your feelings on the deathstrike when you get in a few more games with them. I have avoided the temptation to get the new kit so far- not sold on DS and hate the hell out of the manticore model (but now own all that I'll need via FW).

grats on the win. From the sounds of your mania, spending that prize money won't be a problem for you :)

and mori is right. the best way to embed photos is to get a free photobucket account. once you put pics in there just click the "image" button while you're posting. then copy/paste the "direct link" from photobucket into the pop-up window. just make sure that you don't move/delete the image in photobucket, as that changes the direct link later and kills all your pics. I would advise playing around with photobucket for a few minutes and creating folders ahead of time, so you won't have to worry about moving pics later.

Lauby
Member Avatar
Inquisitor Lord
[ *  *  *  * ]
picassa web albums is good to - and directly linked to a gmail account if you've already got one of those.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Battle reports · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme by Sith of Outline